A Real Animal You Never Want to Meet

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Any aquatic animal that lives in the dark depths of the oceans.

I am absolutely terrified of aphotic depths in big bodies of water, and absolutely terrified of everything in them.

Eh, fuck it, I'm just generally scared of everything in the sea, while I'm in there, that is. Even that one time when I was in Egypt, and went snorkeling, I swam near the coral thingamajigs there, and right next to it the water got suddenly pretty deep. I was pretty uncomfortable the whole time.

So yeah, I guess that shark there is one of those things I am terrified of. If I saw one while I was swimming, while I was looking underwater...*shudders*
Whatever it's called, I'm pretty sure I have a phobia of being underwater everywhere except a pool (since I know there are no deadly fuckers there...well, mostly not).

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
luclin92 said:
Skullkid4187 said:
Psssh the Megaladon is bigger. But a hippo.....you see one...FUCKING RUN!
i never got why people dont fear the hippo.
They are fat and have large blunt teeth and that they are Herbivores (Most of the time). All those things aren't indicative of DANGER.

Hence their aggression and territorial nature, to the the average laymen, escapes notice until its too late.

As for animals i dont want to meet. Group of Male Chimpanzees on the warpath.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Fraught said:

I am absolutely terrified of aphotic depths in big bodies of water, and absolutely terrified of everything in them.

Eh, fuck it, I'm just generally scared of everything in the sea, while I'm in there, that is. Even that one time when I was in Egypt, and went snorkeling, I swam near the coral thingamajigs there, and right next to it the water got suddenly pretty deep. I was pretty uncomfortable the whole time.

So yeah, I guess that shark there is one of those things I am terrified of. If I saw one while I was swimming, while I was looking underwater...*shudders*
Whatever it's called, I'm pretty sure I have a phobia of being underwater everywhere except a pool (since I know there are no deadly fuckers there...well, mostly not).
How about this guy?

That diver has balls of steel.

DoctorObviously

May 22, 2009
Video game developers and "professional" reviewers saying that a certain game can be enjoyed by everyone.

And for other animals, ummm... the Assassin Spider freaks me out.
http://budak.blogs.com/the_annotated_budak/images/assassin_spider.jpg

Necromancist

Jul 3, 2008
Soldier ants. My god. Be thankful they only live in the Amazon Basin.

First off, they're half an inch long and have testicle-crushingly powerful mandibles (for their size, at least) almost as long as the rest of their bodies.

When a hive enters the "swarm" phase, the tens of thousands of ants pick up their eggs and go crawling along the jungle floor, devouring anything too lazy or stupid to get out of the way. And they're blind, which makes it worse somehow.

They've been observed swarming over and devouring animals the size of horses.

HORSES.

Go stand next to a horse and think about what that means.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
blindthrall said:
Fraught said:
How about this guy?

[image height=300]http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/ArchOLD-7/1189993293.jpg[/IMG]

Holy cockshitballs of GRAAARGH!

Actually, pictures of this stuff doesn't really affect me at all. It only happens when I'm physically there, or close my eyes and imagine I'm there.
Either way, if I was that diver, I would shit...my...pants. Like, more than any normal human could excrete on a normal day.

Oh, wait, I would never be a diver in the first place. Either way, yes, that man has got some balls. His balls are very ballsy in the particular profession that my balls aren't ballsy in. I salute him for not being such a wuss as me, with all my fears of the dark depths.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
about 80% of animals who live in the water, be it salt or fresh. This includes Hippos who do nothing more than sleep in it. A short list:

Lamprey
jellyfish
sharks (of any variety)
anglerfish
Alligator
Crocodile
Alligator Gar

etc...

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Fraught said:
Oh, wait, I would never be a diver in the first place. Either way, yes, that man has got some balls. His balls are very ballsy in the particular profession that my balls aren't ballsy in. I salute him for not being such a wuss as me, with all my fears of the dark depths.
Dude, it's a basking shark. The only things that have to fear basking sharks are plankton and the occasional small submarine they short sightedly try to hump. Bloody things don't even have teeth.

Liam1390

Sep 2, 2009
I've always been afraid of Chimpanzee's, for those of you wondering why I'll leave this here [http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/nyregion/08chimp.html?scp=6&sq=chimpanzee+attack&st=nyt].

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
RhombusHatesYou said:
Fraught said:
Dude, it's a basking shark. The only things that have to fear basking sharks are plankton and the occasional small submarine they short sightedly try to hump. Bloody things don't even have teeth.
Even if it'd be a fucking cat swimming there, I'd still be scared. Even being in an empty body of deep water is bad enough, adding any creature to it just makes it worse. Especially one with a mouth that big that you could swim into.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
camel and tunnel spiders.
and every one of these sick motha' f*cka's:
http://www.cracked.com/article_18641_7-terrifying-prehistoric-creatures-that-are-still-around.html

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Fraught said:
blindthrall said:
Fraught said:
How about this guy?

[image height=300]http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/ArchOLD-7/1189993293.jpg[/IMG]

Holy cockshitballs of GRAAARGH!

Actually, pictures of this stuff doesn't really affect me at all. It only happens when I'm physically there, or close my eyes and imagine I'm there.
Either way, if I was that diver, I would shit...my...pants. Like, more than any normal human could excrete on a normal day.

well as long as he doe'nt physicaly swim into it he's ok. it just eats plankton.

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
I'd hate to bump into a Giant Stingray.

Yes, that's a real photo. Oh, and that tail? It's poisonous, over a foot big and can sever limbs.

omega247

Apr 12, 2010
Zyxx said:
I'm fond of most animals, even big hairy spiders and venomous snakes (not that I'm stupid enough to handle the latter; I've no training in it, after all.) However, parasitic critters (ticks, tapeworms, leeches bot flies, those little water amoebas that crawl in your eye) creep me right the hell out.
This *shudders*.

Oh and giant squids and octupuses. On some nature program I saw a squid drown and eat a shark!!! Mankind is clearly not meant to be in the sea...

TankCopter

Jul 8, 2009
blindthrall said:
Fraught said:

How about this guy?

How's about these mothers:

http://scienceblogs.com/deepseanews/upload/2007/04/Whale-Shark-01_about_utila.jpg

Protip: Both of them only eat plankton.