A sad day for humanity or at least the public image of these women.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Now I'm sure that some of you have heard about the Catherine Kieu incident. And if you don't then it goes a little like this: Catherine Kieu cut off her husbands dick after they had an argument. Her husband filed for divorce in May and they had a fight about friends staying over the day prior to the whole dick cutting. She complained that friends of his were staying in the house he owned, so she drugged his food, tied him to their bed, cut of his dick and just to add insult to injury she threw it in the garbage disposal.

Now a few days later on "The Talk" the women that hosted the show that day talked about she was in the right for cutting off her mans dick and even laughed about the whole thing. Not only is it disgusting but quite frankly something that should not be broadcast on television.

I know that the world is a harsh place and that life is no yellow brick road, but this is shit that should not be fucking happening. I find it funny how humanity has prospered for so long with shit like this going. I would have expected us all to have killed each other long ago.

Now Escapists, what is your opinion on the matter, and do you think that women on "The Talk" should be punished in some way, no matter how major or minor.[footnote]And before someone goes on a rant about freedom of speech I only have one thing to say, is common decency not a little more important than freedom of speech.[/footnote]

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I've never seen, or even heard of "The Talk", so I don't know what its like.

Does it have a history of black comedy/satire?

It was probably just a way for them to stir up some controversy/get people talking about them, and it seems to be working, with this thread and all. Controversy creates cash.

EDIT: Regardless, it was in bad taste, and unjustifiable, but I've heard people say worse things.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I think it is funny how stupid our american comrades are.

Ahh, we are funny people.

But one question, what did she look like?

jason27131

Oct 29, 2009
That guy should just sue them for public humiliation or sexual harassment even. This is just disgusting. So much for being civilized. Castrating someone (which, unless the man was raping or physically beating the woman, is not "in the right" at all) then laughing at it publicly in a show is just disgusting.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Cutting off a man's penis is almost the worst thing that can be done to them (ask any man if they would rather lose an arm or a leg instead). It is no joking matter, and I would bet every man feel sympathy for the victim. They have a right to say such things, but the consequences should be harsh as well.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
jason27131 said:
That guy should just sue them for public humiliation or sexual harassment even. This is just disgusting. So much for being civilized. Castrating someone (which, unless the man was raping or physically beating the woman, is not "in the right" at all) then laughing at it publicly in a show is just disgusting.
Just a note, castrating is the removal of the testicles, not the penis.

Apr 28, 2008
Dude... what the fuck?

Holy shit that is just... fuck man I don't even know. I hope the girl gets fucking destroyed in the courts. You get pissed friends staying over(or whatever) so you cut off his dick? Holy shit that's messed up.

And then there's those women are essentially joking about the whole thing. And some Women are actually defending this person.

What. The. Fuck.

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
jason27131 said:
Castration is removal of the balls. Which...given a choice, I'd go with that.
AW ninjaed.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Never heard of "The Talk" or anything about it. I didn't watch the video you posted if that explains anything about it either. But this is just an odd fuckin' story. Not only the dick cutting business, but the show as well. First of all, the dick cutting is extreme but whoever the woman is, Catherine whatever(never heard of her either), she's obviously a nutjob or there was a hell of a lot more to the friends staying over somewhere story. But that's all fair enough. She did it, so obviously she thought it was the right thing to do. But the women who agreed with her actions are even more sick if you ask me. Just because they don't have dicks they think its funny for a man to lose one. If this was a women losing her ovaries (or something like that) they would be calling for some guys blood. I'd like to see them talk about female genital mutilation if Africa sometime. I'm positive it would be a very different show than the one about the dick being cut off even though they are basically the same thing.

Jan 27, 2011
...Dear ladies from "the talk"....Since you support wives chopping off their husband's penis over stupid arguments, I assume you're also in support of women in third world countries having their nether regions surgically mangled in the name of tradition, right?

No? You say that's terrible and totally different? ...Perhaps. But it boils down to the same thing: forcibly destroying a person's reproductive organs. And that's no good. So think about what you're advocating please.

Also...how the !@#$ will that poor guy take a leak now?
*hopes that woman gets her ass handed to her in court for a retardedly huge sum of money*

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I'll be honest, if the FCC or whoever didn't censor that, then I'm sure it's okay to talk about. However, ***** should be arrested for the crimes she committed.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
Well, as a woman, I have to say...

O_O

That's messed up. That poor guy. I can't see any reason for someone to do that. Why couldn't she just let the divorce go through, and they'd never have to see each other again? That's just... sick. She's obviously insane, and deserves to be punished for what she's done.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
volX said:
RanD00M said:
And before someone goes on a rant about freedom of speech I only have one thing to say, is common decency not a little more important than freedom of speech.
not about the story, but this here. Common decency is not more important of course. you could choose to not laugh about this, but you make it sound as if you could forbid those people to laugh about the whole incident.

also: its just a talkshow. there are people(a bigger part of them women) that look and participate in this to complain about men, so its not that surprising how they talk there.
This.

I never thought I'd hear someone claim common decency is more important than freedom of speech.

Those women are free to joke about whatever they like. Sure, you might call them cunts, but being a **** isn't illegal. Nor should it be.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Irridium said:
Dude... what the fuck?

Holy shit that is just... fuck man I don't even know. I hope the girl gets fucking destroyed in the courts. You get pissed friends staying over(or whatever) so you cut off his dick? Holy shit that's messed up.

And then there's those women are essentially joking about the whole thing. And some Women are actually defending this person.

What. The. Fuck.
This is what we call reverse sexism. I have never liked shows that are all about "what men like" or "what women like", so I guess all I have to say is that the people from any of these kinds of shows can go to HELL.

firelightning1

Jul 14, 2011
That's fucked up. I mean really really fucked up. But maybe the girls on the show got the story mixed up with the movie Hard Candy and thought they were talking about that.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
it is all about shock and awe. They make it out to be funny so that people will respond to it. In reality, taking a criminal action like torture and making it into a joke is not funny. And the thing is, if the roles had been reversed, and it was a man torturing a woman for wanting a divorce it would have be condemned by this same set of people.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
The only way any good can come of this is if the poor dude who made the sad, sorry mistake of marrying that colossally fucked-up shrew of a human being got a cyborg surrogate penis that fired missiles which automatically sought out radical feminists that made light of his plight on national television.

And even then it would have to be provided free of charge or I'd still call it an injustice.

This whole thing is ridiculous and it makes me angry. I will never understand the reasons some people behave the way they do, nor their justifications for the terrible crimes they commit.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Everyone but the woman in the blue (second on the right) should be fired and blackballed from talk shows forever.

RayTheGod

May 15, 2011
Heard about this story the other day, disgusting.

This guy made a video about the story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP4VeMJp9pE