A sad day for the escapist, as we have lost a dear friend

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Never knew her, think I might have talked to her once or twice but I never knew her personally. I am sorry to hear that she is gone, sad for her friends, her family and for you. We are a fairly small community so the death of any Escapist member is a death of a family member.

I don't believe in heaven but I hope she is in no more pain.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Would also like to spare a thought for her family. She has a big family, with her mother, father and a number of siblings. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
This is very sad news :( although i didn't know her personally i hope that she finds peace wherever she is now.

PortalThinker113

Jul 13, 2010
Rest in peace, Kortney. I never got the chance to know you, but I truly wish I could have, and now I'll never get the chance... The Escapist, among others, will miss you. We all send our love to you, wherever you are; hopefully you're in a better place now.
My prayers and condolences go out to all of her family and friends- I'm truly sorry for your loss... From reading her past posts (starting looking at them after the "get well" thread was posted, was thinking about friend requesting her...), she seemed like an intelligent and great person, and she will be missed.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
Hader said:
...I know not everyone here knew Kortney well, or at all even. The escapist is quite the large community, as I have come to realize...

Earlier someone had pointed out how it would be terribly ironic that her last post was in a thread entitled "Regrets", wherein she said she wish she had once chance to say goodbye to so many of her friends that had drifted apart from her...
...wow...just...wow. Kortney is one of only four people from this site that I have ever befriended...I don't remember the exact post she gave that I replied to that started it all, god it's been so long, but I knew I had to talk to this person more. It lead to a very nice chain of friendly messages back and forth. She was a great person to talk with. I didn't know her that well but I am glad I was able to know her at all...at least I'll always have those conversations...and the oddest thing...I was just going through her profile the other day and read that last post of hers. I don't know what compelled me to do it that day...maybe just coincidence but I will miss her...goodbye Kortney.

I am very sorry for your loss. I know I didn't know her as well as you and her other friends but believe me when I say I will miss her.

EDIT-she's in a better place now

Carnage95

Sep 21, 2009
Indeed it is sad... never got to know Kortney unfortunately. I'll never known how it feels to have someone close to you die, so I cannot relate to the pain you must have felt when you hear the news. It is good that we are informed that one of ours is gone... if not we would be left in the dark, and her friends on the Internet would've never known.

R.I.P Kortney

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Farewell, my unknown friend. I never have even seen your name, but i am sorry for the lose of you. I hope you had someone who made you happy in your life, as we all deserve. and i hope that person gets through this alright. Whatever has happened to your soul or essence, i hope it is well.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I remember the avatar and I remember talking to her a few times. The community has taken a blow from which it will never recover(though try it might). She will be missed.

Super Toast said:
Kortney said:
There are some major ones, that I won't post on the internet.

But I always do wish I spent more time with my friends from my childhood. They are now either different people or have moved so far away they feel like different people. Hell, some of them are dead. I long for the days I spent with my close friends when I was a child and I would love to see them all again.

But hey, you have to be realistic don't you? And this stuff happens in life. It happens to everyone. I'd just like to see them one more time. Even just to say good bye.
Her last post. Good Lord, that's depressing.
Op (and others apparently) said it is ironic, you say it's depressing, and I think it is fitting. I can only hope my "last words" are something so insightful. This really captures her attitude and personality quite well(from what I can gather from reading other posts by her). Think about how we all are going to change our actions and how we live our lives because of this.