A sad day for the escapist, as we have lost a dear friend

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Flammable said:
I think Courtney was mis-spelled.
You've got to be kidding me. Trolling a thread about someone's death? Serious or not, that's just plain horrible. Keep it to yourself >.>

moloha

Feb 28, 2010
i may not have known her, but she seemed as an awesome person

may you find eternal peace

SlugLady28

Feb 24, 2011
I honestly didn't know her. I wish i did. She sounds like an amazing person.

My best wishes to her family. Rest well, Kortney.

Antwerp Caveman

Jan 19, 2010
First of all, my condoleances for losing a friend.
To end on a modest joke: Oooh man! There's already not enough girls on the internet.

Mace Tulio

Feb 5, 2011
I remember posting my well-wishes in the 'Get Well' thread, it's truly unfortunate that the worst had come to pass.

I offer my sincerest condolences to her and all those that held her dear.

zeldagirl

Mar 15, 2011
I did not know her, but I wish her family, and yourself, my sincerest condolences. I had a forum friend at another place pass away a few years ago, and I would not wish that experience on anyone.

If you need anyone to personally talk to, I am more than willing to listen. Please feel free to PM me, and please know that you have a very supportive community here.

Farseer Lolotea

Mar 11, 2010
I didn't know her. But in the name of human decency, I feel that should pay my respects anyway.

Ave atque vale, Kortney.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
This is even more heartwrenching after I looked at her profile and saw that her very last post here was on a thread about "Regrets" back in 2009.

I didn't know her, but it saddens me to hear about someone in our community go.

My condolences go out to her family and friends.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
I didn't ever speak to her but I remember reading her posts. She had some good insights and was a mature user here. Really sorry for your loss, friend.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
I didn't really know her, but I do recognise the name/avatar of her, still though, I'm sad to hear of her passing and give my kindest wishes to her friends and family.

Missileman540

Apr 5, 2009
"When people die, they just go away. If there?s any place a soul would go, it?s in your memories. People you remember are with you forever."

This is a quote recited by the main character of Lost Odyssey, and it has always rang true to me. In remembering those that have passed and living our lives to the fullest, we do them a greater service than any mourning. You have my condolences friend.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I wasn't aware of her until now, but looking over her posts, I wish I had. Tell me, OP, how did you find out? Did her loved ones inform the forum of her passing, or were you friends in person? It's really touching to see a response like this from the community. She will not be forgotten.

My condolences, anyway. I always hope there is an afterlife at times like this. Rest in peace, Kourtney.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Although I did not know her, the opening post affects me deeply.
I am very sorry, especially for her friends and family.

May she rest in peace.

hexFrank202

Mar 21, 2010
It's nice that Hader posted about this, to help keep people aware of the fact that online people are real people, and that there's more ways to make them cease to exist than deleting their account.

I remember one website, Writing.com, that had different "colors" for regular members (black), inactive members (grey), 'preferred' members (yellow), moderators (blue), super moderators (purple) and admins (red). But then there was white, for people who had died. Yeah the people on that website can apparently do background checks on people. Only ten people have been given the white suitcase, but some of them have really... strange bio blocks. Just read some of these,
http://www.Writing.Com/main/portfolio/view/thecritic
http://www.Writing.Com/main/portfolio/view/pettiecool
They're talking like they know they're gonna die or something. But just to disprove that, here is the account of one person who died in nine freaking eleven,
http://www.Writing.Com/main/portfolio/view/sandybrace

Back on topic: I can't exactly say I am extremely sad that someone I never knew has died, but that's just me and my crappily hard time to be empathetic. Although I AM definitely a little shook up to be reminded that people are getting inured and killed in car crashes every single day! How crazy has society become? I mean, the average person probably won't find it unreasonable to be too scared to ever board a plane, I've never looked at any actual statistic, but I'm pretty sure you're way more likely to get hurt in a car, by the simple existence of the thousands of other cars zipping around. You put your life in the hands of dozens of other people every time you go somewhere, people think about this, right?

So that's where this event really hits me; the way that it happened.

PoisonUnagi said:
Flammable said:
I think Courtney was mis-spelled.
You've got to be kidding me. Trolling a thread about someone's death? Serious or not, that's just plain horrible. Keep it to yourself >.>
Well I don't think he/she was trolling or anything (that word is getting way overused these days), you've got to understand how some people feel when they hear about tragedy that doesn't directly effect them; they want to say something but feel like saying "I pay my respects" would be dishonest because it would be doing what every other poster is doing.
I mean you can say he/she was being rude, but definitely, definitely not trolling.