A sad day for the escapist, as we have lost a dear friend

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
GrizzlerBorno said:
I'm sorry if this seems a little inappropriate but, what was her avatar? I normally associate people on here with their avatars, as a habit. I saw on a thread once that a lot of other people here were the same way. So maybe more people would recognize her, if we knew what avatar she went by? (I really do hope that that isn't offensive in any way. If it is let me know and I'll delete this bit immediately.)

Of course, there's no way any of us could have known her better than you, a close friend. I'm very sorry for your loss.
I did link to her profile in the OP you know.

As of her last post, and a long time before then, she had a picture of Ginger Rogers as her avatar.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I... didn't know her, but I'd like to give my condolences to her family anyway.

"After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I'm sorry to say I haven't heard of her before, but I don't frequent R&P much.
My heart goes out to all the people who knew her, RIP.

Jonathan Wingo

Mar 30, 2010
I'm sad to hear it. My mother died in a car wreck almost 3 years ago.

I never knew, or even heard of Kortney, but she sounds like someone I should have known.

eclipsed_chemistry

Dec 9, 2009
I don't even have the words...I'm shocked, to say the least, but incredibly sad as well. I met Kortney the same way that (most) everyone else did - through an argument. Even while arguing with her, I was amazed at her ability to form a well-thought out opinion that both reinforced her point and totally destroyed mine.

Flipping through some old topics, I saw her name pop up quite often, and I was looking forward to talking to her again. She will be greatly missed. :( My deepest sympathies, OP.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Hader said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
I'm sorry if this seems a little inappropriate but, what was her avatar? I normally associate people on here with their avatars, as a habit. I saw on a thread once that a lot of other people here were the same way. So maybe more people would recognize her, if we knew what avatar she went by? (I really do hope that that isn't offensive in any way. If it is let me know and I'll delete this bit immediately.)

Of course, there's no way any of us could have known her better than you, a close friend. I'm very sorry for your loss.
I did link to her profile in the OP you know :p

As of her last post, and a long time before then, she had a picture of Ginger Rogers as her avatar.
The link takes me to a 404. I assumed it was locked, or something.

And yes, now that you mention it, I DO remember seeing some of her posts. Never had the chance to have a conversation with her I'm afraid. Again, my condolences.

easternflame

Cosmic Rays of Undeadly Fire
Nov 2, 2010
I never met her, I have no idea who she was, but, if you did then my condolences. Always do remember though, dying isn't bad. We shouldn't be sad for her, we should be happy. She is in a better place now.

Galliam

Dec 26, 2008
Didn't know her. I guess I'm not enough of a forum goon, but it saddens me anyway. My condolences to anyone who knew or befriended her.

Wierdguy

Feb 16, 2011
Beeing relativley new to the forum Ive barely had any time to get to know anyone - but one thing Im certain of is that out of all the forums Ive been on this is one of the most friendly and interesting ones. If she contributed to this then its truly a very sad day.

My condolences.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
Gladion said:
I never knew this person and therefore cannot say something about her other than that I'm sorry for your loss, I just want to say:

Stuff like this does not fucking belong on the fucking internet. I won't say any more things out of respect, as I don't want this to turn into an argument.
Yet you still said enough to be extremely disrespectful. I have the right mind to fly over to wherever you live and punch you in the face, but I can't afford that.

OT: I never actually knew her, and I feel bad about it. Good luck to her in the afterlife.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I didn't know her, and I find myself surprisingly upset that I'll now never get the chance.

I'm sorry for the loss, for both her friends and family and this community.

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
I may not have known her, nor did any of the bronies I was with when I heard. But we held a three minute silence for her.

Wrds

Dyslexic Wonder
Sep 4, 2008
Its Carl Eaten I think that said, to live on in the hearts of those we leave behind is to live forever.

Something like that anyways. If someone was loved enough to have such a post written about them, I'm sure they were a wonderful person.
God bless.