A sad day for the escapist, as we have lost a dear friend

Wilko316

Jun 16, 2010
Damn, I didn't know of her but that's still sad. I wish her family all the best. :'(

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Afraid I don't recognize her name or avatar, likely cause I don't tread in R&P forums. Still, that's awful news (I'd like to utter a few swear words about the driver that ran that stop sign, as well as the doctors that neglected to check for aneurisms and head trauma in a car accident victim, but this thread isn't about that), I hope she rests in peace and my sympathies/condolences go out to her friends and family.

edit: Just checked her profile after seeing a comment on her short life. Birth date '92. Strike the above wanting to say a few swear words, I'd like to let my fist do the talking to those people now. God damn it :(

EBonhawk09

Nov 1, 2010
Although I never knew Kortney, it still saddens me deeply to hear of her passing. My condolences to you OP. May you rest in peace Kortney.

TiloXofXTanto

Aug 18, 2010
As I didst not know her, I cannot pay my respects in full.
But I hope that a simple internet salute, extreme empathy, and lasting sympathy will send her spirit off with even the tiniest fraction of good will.

Rest in peace, and may Death be kind.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
zombie711 said:
Wait how do you know she is dead?

strangest recaptcha
Because she was a good friend of mine. I think I made that clear in the OP?

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
She apparently frequented a part of the forums I rarely go to, but that changes nothing: shitty news are always shitty.

Here's to you, Kortney.

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
Wow. First time ever in any forum that i've heard an user get killed...

I dont visit these forums too often and never really noticed her posts here but best regards to her family, and I hope she lived a happy life.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Like many others, I'm sorry to say that I didn't know Kortney. Still, its hard to not feel sad at such news. And she passed away at such a young age as well, but hopefully she spent some of her last days with some type of smile on her face. May she Rest In Peace, and may those who knew her find some type of comfort in the coming days.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
oh she was born 22 days before me. Kinda brings in the reality of how fragile life can be.
I offer heartfelt condolences to her family.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Damn... any death is saddening, but damn, she was almost the same age as i was, even 6 months younger.
Makes me think... what have I done in my lifetime?
Pretty depressing.
Anyways, rest in peace, Kortney.

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
I just checked out her user page and found out she was the one with the avatar of Ginger Rogers. Not only do I remember her posts well, but it brought a smile to my face every time I saw it since I'm a big Ginger Rogers fan. Funny how some people can make you smile even when you don't know them at all.

Flippincrazy

Jul 4, 2010
Christ, things like this really death to the forefront of one's mind. At any rate, the sudden loss of anyone is saddening. My sincerest sympathy to all those effected by this. Rest in peace, Kortney.

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
I've never heard of Kortney, but I give her family and friends my deepest condolences. I can safely say that, from what people here are saying, she was a wonderful person. She is dead- but in our posts, and in our minds, she lives on!

Stickwell

Aug 15, 2010
This is a little frightening... she was only a month older than me.
Though I did not know her, May she rest in peace.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
I never met Kortney, but It's always saddening to hear of people passing away, all you who were friends with her you all have my deepest sympathies.
I hope she finds peace in the next life, whatever that may mean to each of you.

Stickwell

Aug 15, 2010
Owlslayer said:
Damn... any death is saddening, but damn, she was almost the same age as i was, even 6 months younger.
Makes me think... what have I done in my lifetime?
Pretty depressing.
Anyways, rest in peace, Kortney.
Xathos said:
Like many others, I'm sorry to say that I didn't know Kortney. Still, its hard to not feel sad at such news. And she passed away at such a young age as well, but hopefully she spent some of her last days with some type of smile on her face. May she Rest In Peace, and may those who knew her find some type of comfort in the coming days.
Probably should have read all of the post before posting mine...

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
My condolences, I had the pleasure of a few R&P threads with her that turned out rather well (and when you speak of the R&P forum, well.. that's a good thing).

Though unfortunate this happened before the Witcher 2 came out! D: