A sad day for the escapist, as we have lost a dear friend

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
A sad day in deed i hope she is happy were ever she is now and that she is at peace.

For Kortney you shall be missed:

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
I never knew Kortney, but my best wishes go to her family, friends and loved ones young, old or yet to be born. No death isn't sad even if the person had no idea of your own existence, I just hope wherever she is now, she's happy.

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
Despite not being in the limelight, everyone has their place and many great movers of history go unheralded. I did not have the pleasure of meeting her but my heart goes out to those whom she was especially dear to and mourn the dreams never achieved. Yet another reminder that our time here is limited and to not put off realizing your aspirations. Although cut tragically short, I hope she still got to live a good life and have many fulfilling experiences.

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
Life is such a precious thing, a thin strip of quicksilver sandwiched between two infinite expanses of darkness, and to have it wrenched away from you is just terrible. It is all you are and ever will be, and losing it isn't an adventure; it's a crying shame. Maybe if you're old and have had a full life you can reconcile it somehow, but not if you're a young girl killed in a car crash. There's no justice in that, no fairness in any sense of the word.

I didn't know her, but the loss of a life, especially of one so brief, is a tragic thing in almost any circumstance.

I mean for goodness' sake, according to her profile she was younger than me

I'm deeply sorry for your loss, for her family and for her friends.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Nikolaz72 said:
I nearly always disagreed with her views. . But I am truly sad that this person is gone and I give my condolences to her and those she had near. For Whatever it is worth.I neither knew her personally. Nor quoted her or was quoted. But I often saw her posts. Shed some tears since I always find it sad to know of people dying. (Those on a forum I frequent anyway- and close in RL) I cannot help but hope being wrong on my opinion about there not being an afterlife when reading stuff like this. Some people dont deserve to die.
I seem to recall mostly disagreeing with her as well, though I actively argued with her. I am sad to hear this happened to her. I haven't actually got anything else to add. This sucks.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
I didn't remember her name, but once linked to her profile I remembered her profile picture. This is a sad day, as I do remember that profile picture linked to interesting posts. Really, although I never knew her, she sounds like a lovely person.

My heart goes out to you and everyone affected, and I wish her peace, wherever she has gone.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
RIP. I don't know her personally, but I've found her posts very interesting to read and she was clearly a likeable person that her friends and family will miss...

Let's remember that while books end, it's better that we had read them than not.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
In the words of a favorite LOTR character
"Death is just another path, one that we all must take"
RIP

havass

Dec 15, 2009
First time I've seen a condolences thread in a forum.. Guess the Escapist really is different from the rest, eh?

I've sadly never had the pleasure of conversing with her, but Rest In Peace, Kortney. Your presence in this world will be missed. My condolences.

"Fear not the darkness, but welcome its embrace."
- Ezio Auditore

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
We may have fought almost daily in the R and P section of the forum but I am deeply saddened by her passing.

This has actually brought tears to my eyes.

Rest in peace Kortney.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
I saw her once or twice, but alas I did not know her. I'm sorry that she died, when the inevitable comes for us, we must be saddened.

I cannot say the nature of her effect on the world, if it was net positive then we must rejoice, for there is no greater glory than a life well lived.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Well, shit.

I never spoke to her or knew her, I just saw her posts quite often.

What a damn shame, to die at such a young age. Younger even than me, and I've barely lived.

Sorry, for what little it's worth.

Marble Dragon

Mar 11, 2009
I didn't know her personally, but I understand this loss to be a great one for our community and for the world. We need people who have great ideas and reflections on our world, and we need people who are able to voice them well. And if voicing them well means pissing people off, so be it! I don't have many memories of her, but I know that a lot of us do.

I hope Kortney is now at peace. My respect and condolences to her family and friends - losing a loved one is always hard.

Thank you to the OP for creating this thread. The loss of a community member makes me sad, but seeing the way people remember her on this thread warms my heart.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Can't say much except offer my condolences and Rest In Peace as I didn't know her personally, but plenty of people seem to have and think highly of her - even whilst disagreeing with her, so it gives me the impression that she was a good and respected person

Terrible loss, especially to die from something so young, and from something so needless as someone not stopping at a stop sign

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
I'm sorry for your and everyone else's loss. I can't say I knew her, but the idea of someone dieing who was barely a few months younger than me..... I'm so sorry.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
As a new poster here, I don't really know anybody...
but a death is a death, and I send my condolences to her friends and family members.