A special game from your childhood that no one else seems to have played

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Albion.

A FANTASTIC sci-fi rpg from Blue Byte. The story, setting and gameplay of this game is just mindbogglingly fantastic. When considering the depth of the game world its an utter shame there are no sequels or prequels or anything.

Wonderful game that I can play even today. Fantastic atmosphere. Beautiful sound and music. A real 10.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
The only game I can think of that's proper obscure is Glover, and Glover was shit.
Maybe Trace Memory? But a small number of people (about 3) have voiced that they enjoyed it in the past, so that's out.

Wait... I got it! Way back, in the distant past, Lego Bionicle released a flash based point and click adventure game on their website. It was riddled with bugs but the story was just interesting and fun enough to keep seven or eight year old me interested.
Later, they made a sequel. This time from the more common side view rather than the first person perspective of the first one. I played the hell out of both those games, but the puzzles and lore from the original will always be with me.

Vinculi

Jan 15, 2009
You know, I remember playing a JRPG, where all the protagonists get horribly killed at the end in a somewhat tragi-comic white-screen text conversation by the evil overlord you were supposed to be stopping, but I could never find out what it was in later years.

Great way to end the game, over the years it sank in how rare it was for a game to end that way.

lord canti

May 30, 2009
Mine would be Toy commander for the Dreamcast or a game called Crystalis for the nes. Both great games hat few people know about.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
B-movie aka. Invasion from Beyond. Sweet jesus, i don't think there is anybody else in the world who still remembers playing this:

Not the best game in the world, not by a long shot, but still fun in it's own kooky sort of way.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Flashback. (Sometimes called Quest for Identity). It was like the original 2D Prince of Persia, but with guns. In retrospect it was kind of meh, but I loved it at the time.

Also, Exile: Escape from the Pit. (The super old version with the crummy pixelated sprites.) Old-school pen and paper style fantasy RPG set in a giant underground prison colony. Also kind of shit in retrospect, but it was the first RPG I played and so I loved it.

Captcha: "We go forwards". Yes, I have indeed.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Inindo: Way of the Ninja. Your family was slaughtered by Nobunaga and you have to kill him within 50 in game years.

There was also on older one that I cannot remember the title, but it was a turn based RPG using the characters from the Bandit Kings of Ancient China game

Stuntcrab

Apr 2, 2010
Battle tanks for the Nintendo 64

You just control a tank and go.. blow up other tanks and buildings... I think that was it in general, the team deathmatch and different game modes made me worship this game.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Mischief Makers on N64. The entire game was based around grabbing objects and shaking them, had some really awesome boss fights.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Stuntcrab said:
SlaveNumber23 said:
snipity snip
Played both those quite a lot actually.

Battle Tanx was such glorious dumb fun. The controls were archaic, but damn it's entertainment could not be denied.

Mischief Makers was such a unique game. And very difficult later on too.

Khayl

May 23, 2012
Magic & Mayhem...that shit was my bread and butter.

a top down, real time strategy game in which a young mage searches for his uncle.
had the most unique system for determining what spells you can use/monsters you can summon.

and it was HARD....something i miss in games.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
For me it's Nightmare Creatures on the PS1, no one seemed to play it back then, I know that people did, but whenever I mentioned how scary it was to my friends I used to get blank stares.

Another one is Shemnue on the Dreamcast. It was such a great game, a unique game. Yet at the time I had it no one else seemed to have even heard of it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
There was a point-n-click game that my cousin had on his computer. I don't remember what it was called but it takes place in a haunted house/ Adam's Family style house inhabited by all sorts of creatures. Basically, you have until Midnight to find X keys and escape the house or else you'll be trapped there forever...I guess. It was for kids definitely but there were some creepy elements like how you could help Igor in the kitchen. The scariest part I remember though was when you get to the attic. There's a creepy rocking horse that looks friendly at first and clicking it makes it rock. When you try to leave the attic though, the lights dim and it blocks the exit, turning into a fucking vampire-fanged demon horse.

It wasn't that great a game but it reminds me of a time when I was closer with Dad's side of the family.

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
The only one I remember that I've never seen mentioned anywhere before (and also the first computer game I ever played I believe) is something I played on an old commodore/amiga system when I was 6-ish. Very similar to Darius mentioned in OP (more similar to the previous in the series or the r-type games), except the enemies were less fish and more jellyfish with massive robotic squid type boss/miniboss things (at least in the first level, not sure I ever got past that). Never been able to find out what the hell it was, parents sold the computer after a while and havn't found a trace of it since. I hate having a neverending curiosity.

Aug 19, 2010
Broken Sword 1&2

Solidly built point'n'click adventure game with great story and atmosphere, witty and well written dialogue, likable and memorable characters plus a beautiful soundtrack

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Can't remember the name of the game.
But if someone here sees this post and can tell me the name please do.
You drove around cars in different areas, citys, deserts etc.
You could pick from small racing cars to busses, abilities like healt, speed adjusted accordingly. Then you picked up 3 weapons around the map which you then used to shoot your enemies. Well this was the multiplayer game, can't remeber anything from single player and it was for the Nintendo64.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Power Rangers: Time Force on the Playstation 1. Absolutely terrible game, but I definitely wasn't going to notice.