A-Team Star Tipped for Crow Reboot

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
A-Team Star Tipped for Crow Reboot

Just days after getting a director, rumors are already flying about possible stars for the remake of The Crow.

Bradley Cooper, who played Face in the recent A-Team movie, is rumored to be in the early stages of negotiations to play the lead role in the upcoming remake of The Crow. If successful, Cooper will take on the part played by the late Brandon Lee in the 1994 original.

Sources say that Cooper met director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109124-The-Crow-Coming-Back-to-Avenge-Itself] in Spain recently, where they hit it off and discussed their vision movie. Relativity, the production company making the movie, would not confirm the talks, but Cooper is said to be very keen to join the project. Cooper is not the first name to be linked with the movie; last year Mark Wahlberg was tipped to be the favorite for the lead role. Wahlberg quashed that rumor however, saying that he had been interested in the movie, but that he had never committed to it.

The Crow is based on a comic book of the same name by James O'Barr, and tells the story of man named Eric who comes back from the dead to avenge not only his own murder, but that of his girlfriend Shelly as well. The movie expanded on Eric's back story a little, making him into a musician and giving him the surname "Draven." According to the Hollywood Reporter, Eric remains a musician in the remake, suggesting that it might be closer to the movie version of the story, which aside from being truncated to fit into a movie format, changed the role of many of the characters, and gave the film a different ending.

Production on The Crow is scheduled to start in the Fall, so expect a lot more casting news to come over the next few months.

Soruce: Heat Vision Blog [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bradley-cooper-eyes-starring-role-177481]

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
NO. He's not a bloody "A-Team star". George Peppard, Dirk Benedict, Dwight Schultz and Laurence Tureaud (WHAT?!) were "A-Team stars".

It is a statement I will defend with my life.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
Ah dammit, for a moment i thought they were talking about Sharlto Copley (District 9). But no, it's bloody Bradley Cooper.....

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
While I enjoyed the first one, if they are going to do another Crow film I hope they decide to use the book as the reference rather than the film. As good as the film was, there's bits of the book I feel could be well done in another film that weren't quite as developed first time round.
I think Bradley Cooper could do a pretty good job, if given a good enough version of the story to work with.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
The Crow, featuring Eric D raven [sub](space added for emphasis -_-)[/sub]
Lol.

So, never heard of a film by this name before - was the other film any good?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Yeah, I'm just gonna stick my fingers in my ears and shout "LA LA LA NOT LISTENING" until this stupid fucking idea goes away.

Leave. It. Alone.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
RyQ_TMC said:
NO. He's not a bloody "A-Team star". George Peppard, Dirk Benedict, Dwight Schultz and Laurence Tureaud (WHAT?!) were "A-Team stars".

It is a statement I will defend with my life.
Damn straight. (And bonus Internets for knowing Mr. T's real name.)

What Hollywood REALLY needs to "reboot" is their brains. Obviously creativity.exe has suffered a critical error and shut down.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
I can't agree hard enough with the rest of you. The world does not need this. Didn't casting that *BLEEP* faced Edward *bleepy bleep* Furlong into a Crow movie bad enough??

Tom Hill

Jun 28, 2010
I think this is a misunderstanding, this is a remake of the edgar allen poe poem, except in this the lead character is haunted by a talking crow (played by eddie murphy) after a wacky night out and they have to find out what happened to his girlfriend who it turns out is on the roof the whole time.

loukasmaki

Jun 9, 2010
Wicky_42 said:
The Crow, featuring Eric D raven [sub](space added for emphasis -_-)[/sub]
Lol.

So, never heard of a film by this name before - was the other film any good?
It became somewhat of a cult phenomena especially since Brandon Lee died when filming it. ANd I liked it alot.

I really feel that there is no need what so ever remaking this.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
What Hollywood REALLY needs to "reboot" is their brains. Obviously creativity.exe has suffered a critical error and shut down.
Not that I trust any statistic I haven't made up myself, but wasn't it that something like 80% of films released nowadays are reboots, remakes or sequels? Not counting a lot of "follow the leader" films, which aren't really RR&S, but are milking off recent successes. Just think of all the gory war films generated by the success of Saving Private Ryan.

I mentioned that in another thread today - each mainstream film costs so much money to make that the studios prefer to play it safe and milk old cows for extra marketing value.

Personally, I'm waiting for the bubble to burst when films will become too costly to make any money, studios will collapse and the ground will be level again, temporarily. It's bound to happen sooner or later.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I didn't think much of The Crow, a bit meh really. Bradley Cooper has always and will always be Will from Alias, I can't see him as anything else.