A terrible plague upon the Escapist... (Please set an avatar)

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
I already feel like a goon for this, I've already downloaded it, and I've tried to upload it to imageshack, and upload it from my computer. No-go.

Though, I'll try that image. Escapist may be screwing with me, and preventing me from actually downloading your file.

EDIT: The image it too big, that's what's doing it. Then Escapist resized it, it only does the first frame... Ennnyyyeeaaaahhhh~ ABORT! ABORT!!

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
BeerTent said:
The image it too big, that's what's doing it. Then Escapist resized it, it only does the first frame... Ennnyyyeeaaaahhhh~ ABORT! ABORT!!
Shame, oh well, it was worth a try I guess.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
JoJo said:
Good evening Escapists, I come before you today to discuss an issue that has been bugging me recently and I doubt I'm the only one:
That doesn't bug me nearly as much as the epidemic of freaky laughter avatars going around. I get the impression that the Joker recently passed through with a hefty tank of his laughing gas.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
JoJo said:
BeerTent said:
The image it too big, that's what's doing it. Then Escapist resized it, it only does the first frame... Ennnyyyeeaaaahhhh~ ABORT! ABORT!!
Shame, oh well, it was worth a try I guess.
I dunno about that, By choosing a random avatar from my bucket of avatars, I'm now wearing a dog-suit going after nuts.

... >.> I will have to remain this way for some time... Until... I have another reason for change...

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I'm tempted now to save that blankface avatar, and then MSpaint a awful smiley face on it and then set it as my avatar. The problem with that idea is it is in no way better than Kirk *****-slapping himself silly.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Heronblade said:
JoJo said:
Good evening Escapists, I come before you today to discuss an issue that has been bugging me recently and I doubt I'm the only one:
That doesn't bug me nearly as much as the epidemic of freaky laughter avatars going around. I get the impression that the Joker recently passed through with a hefty tank of his laughing gas.
You'll like this then:

On-topic, a little disappointed that no-one without an avatar has enlightened us on their reasons for not having one yet :-(

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
What is it with Avatar bitching the last few days? First we had the thread complaining about the PermaBanned Avatar, and now we have complaining about the default avatar?

Jeez people, just leave it alone, it's not hurting you or inconveniencing in any way

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Signa said:
I'm tempted now to save that blankface avatar, and then MSpaint a awful smiley face on it and then set it as my avatar. The problem with that idea is it is in no way better than Kirk *****-slapping himself silly.
There are probably very few avatars on this site quite as enthralling as yours. Every now and again you find one that you can just sit and watch. The fact that yours has a perfect loop going on definitely helps. Is it from the episode where they go to the planet influenced by Plato, by any chance?

Also OT: As much as I proclaimed my neutrality to the blankface avatars in my other post, I've got to admit, outside of that thread in Gaming Discussion about all the old games you can't remember the name of, I can't say I've seen all that many. Unless, this means JoJo's words have got to everyone, and now people are clamouring to set their own avatar.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Since half of you use the same avatar, you're argument is invalid. I find it highly annoying actually.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
EscapeGoat said:
Signa said:
There are probably very few avatars on this site quite as enthralling as yours. Every now and again you find one that you can just sit and watch. The fact that yours has a perfect loop going on definitely helps. Is it from the episode where they go to the planet influenced by Plato, by any chance?
Thank you, and yes, it is from that episode. I just wish the part where the midget rides Kirk like a horse was more gifable. That one in no way loops, but it is even more ridiculous.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
JoJo said:
Am I not allowed to have an opinion now?
Yes, you are. that doesn't make it any less hypocritical to hear a cry for individuality form one of the masses copying one person's avatar. This has the same effect as what you are complaining about.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
I keep trying to set one but each one i find is either too big or too small. This is the first real forum/message board i've been a part of besides guild wars 2 guru but I've since stayed away from there as I like my blood pressure on the low side.

But yea im pretty pathetic, don't know how to embed videos or put something in the spoiler box or how to find a good avatar that will be custom and work and apparently how to properly punctuate a sentence...

:(

Patathatapon

Jul 30, 2011
Fine! For fuck sakes I'll change my avatar are you happy now? I just didn't care enough to waste my time with it.

Also, yes it's hilariously hypocritical when I find that stupid laugh thing seems to be a much higher epidemic.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Ishal said:
I keep trying to set one but each one i find is either too big or too small. This is the first real forum/message board i've been a part of besides guild wars 2 guru but I've since stayed away from there as I like my blood pressure on the low side.

But yea im pretty pathetic, don't know how to embed videos or put something in the spoiler box or how to find a good avatar that will be custom and work and apparently how to properly punctuate a sentence...

:(
If you hit the quote button on my post, you'll find out at least two of those four things!

And that's how you embed a Youtube video.

Since the Youtube one can be pretty confusing, the base URL of the video I used is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bmhjf0rKe8

To embed it, you put it in brackets and then remove everything except "youtube", "=", and the numbers/letters after "=".

You can leave spoiler box text blank by just using
, or put
for text like how I put it up there, but to make the spoiler box it's always just /spoiler inside of brackets at the end of whatever you want inside of the spoiler box.

Kieve

Jan 4, 2011
Patathatapon said:
Fine! For fuck sakes I'll change my avatar are you happy now? I just didn't care enough to waste my time with it.

Also, yes it's hilariously hypocritical when I find that stupid laugh thing seems to be a much higher epidemic.
I've gotten so sick of seeing it I set a filter in my browser just to block that particular image. It's easy to ignore the Blank Bob default. Difficult to ignore something flashing and screaming and being obnoxious in the sidebar. Not to mention it I thought at a glance the OP was quadruple-posting on the first page because each consecutive title/avatar was the same throughout.
/topic is now about god-awful bootcamp avatar?

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Moonlight Butterfly said:
TopazFusion said:
Is you avatar supposed to flash white like that? Or is just my browser being stupid...

Anyway, these people could always change their avatars to this:
Grumpy cat should definitely be the default avatar :p
No, we need Susan to pull out all the stock cat images she has held up in some kind of 100 terabyte hardrive and make a random generator for each default avatar.
It would fit the escapist perfectly.