A terrible plague upon the Escapist... (Please set an avatar)

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
I think everyone's avatar should be their favorite type of mustache.

It would compliment mine well. Spike's mustache exploded and its essence created thousands of lesser mustaches.

cerealnmuffin

May 15, 2010
Glad I'm not the only one seeing many people with that flashing Full Metal Jacket one. It is actually making me rather nauseous. I have one bad eye and it actually kind of gives me this motion sickness feeling -_-. Hope it clears up cause till then I need to stay off the forums.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Marter said:
It's only slightly more annoying than when people all change their avatar to the same thing.
I hate it when people do that. It just goes to show just what sheep people are. I refuse to jump on such bandwagons.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Tonighr has been fun, can;t wait to aee how thinds turn out
Because this is the closest to your avatar[footnote]Your real one anyways[/footnote] I can think of:

What did you drink tonight?

And I'm still laughing about the call for originality when everyone is using the same one

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Patathatapon said:
Also, yes it's hilariously hypocritical when I find that stupid laugh thing seems to be a much higher epidemic.
I'd apologize for this avvie, but I'd be lying through my teeth. >:D

Anyways, this thread was made at a somewhat untimely time...

Scipio1770

Oct 3, 2010
I think you guys need to spend less time on the forums if the biggest problem you see is not enough avatars.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Kieve said:
Patathatapon said:
Fine! For fuck sakes I'll change my avatar are you happy now? I just didn't care enough to waste my time with it.

Also, yes it's hilariously hypocritical when I find that stupid laugh thing seems to be a much higher epidemic.
I've gotten so sick of seeing it I set a filter in my browser just to block that particular image. It's easy to ignore the Blank Bob default. Difficult to ignore something flashing and screaming and being obnoxious in the sidebar. Not to mention it I thought at a glance the OP was quadruple-posting on the first page because each consecutive title/avatar was the same throughout.
/topic is now about god-awful bootcamp avatar?
You can do that? Wizard, could you show me how? I can't stand the damn thing either.

I'm using chrome btw.

ClockworkUniverse

Nov 15, 2012
The weird thing is, when I made my account, I tried to set my avatar, and it showed up on my profile page, but not my posts.

Tried it again, and it seems to have worked this time. Thanks for the reminder.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
MickDick said:
I would, but none of the ones I upload ever frigging work.

Look at my av right now. It doesn't show up, for no reason at all, simply bitches about "no file found"... although, I JUST UPLOADED IT! WTF?
I can see it. It can take a bit to show up.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
On one hand I agree with the OP, I often won't read posts by people with no avatar because if you don't care enough to make yourself stand out and be recognizable then I don't care enough to read what you have to say. On the other hand this message loses impact coming from someone participating in one of those annoying mass avatar changes (hint: no one is laughing except you), and because of the flashing this one is even more obnoxious than usual.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Storm Dragon said:
I'm sure no one ever does that.
That would work a lot better if you had an animated version. Would you like one?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
grumpy cat for the president.

ok seriuosly, recently i did notice a lot of blank-face acvatars too and its kind of annoting because you end up associating it with 500 different names.
i too dont see why wouldnt you set an avatar, infact, lets run a campaign to bring back signatures!

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
Marter said:
Storm Dragon said:
I'm sure no one ever does that.
That would work a lot better if you had an animated version. Would you like one?
It's not animated? I can't tell since it won't even load for me. Not sure why it wouldn't work since I just saved yours to my desktop an re-uploaded it.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Storm Dragon said:
It's not animated? I can't tell since it won't even load for me. Not sure why it wouldn't work since I just saved yours to my desktop an re-uploaded it.
Clear your cache and then restart your browser. Then it'll show.

The reason it doesn't animate is because mine is 115 x 115 because Publisher Club members get a larger avatar size. When you upload an animated avatar that is too large, The Escapist shrinks it down, but doesn't keep it animated. So, yeah, I can "c wat u did that," so to speak, but it's not animated.

theswordsmn

Nov 12, 2010
I gave up on it after every image I tried returned with the broken link icon. Only when I read this did I look back up and see that it just took forever to change.
<- Side-note: 100% original, right thar.