A thank you to mr. Tito

Jack Action

Not a premium member.
Sep 6, 2014
Regardless of what your opinion may or may not be of the recent disaster, it has brought one fact to light: despite pressure to eliminate or control any conversation on the topic, mr. Tito stood up for what he saw as free speech, even though he considered the topic distasteful.

Thank you, mr Tito, for refusing to bow to pressure and allowing conversations to take place.

Butmunch

Nov 19, 2009
Jack T. Pumpkin said:
Regardless of what your opinion may or may not be of the recent disaster, it has brought one fact to light: despite pressure to eliminate or control any conversation on the topic, mr. Tito stood up for what he saw as free speech, even though he considered the topic distasteful.

Thank you, mr Tito, for refusing to bow to pressure and allowing conversations to take place.
I agree with this sentiment and would also like to thank mr. Tito for not bowing to pressure.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
I'd like to add my voice to this call for appreciation of Mr Tito and the moderation team.

I understand that the thread has been a great pressure on you all, and as much as we try to self police issues, moderation has had to take place there with much more frequency than elsewhere.

Aineko

Sep 16, 2014
I would also like to express my gratitude. Thank you Mr. Tito for allowing civil discussion to go on freely in this forum. It became a rare haven where we could get informed and debate these matters without censorship. The Escapist was under no obligation of providing such a venue, but your strong ethical stance in favour of free speech made it so and therefore you deserve our sincere applause.

Glen Compton

May 31, 2014
You sir, are the boss!
I am impressed by your steadfast conviction.
Thank you for not bowing to pressure.

Ash_Effect

Sep 13, 2014
I may not agree with your views, but your integrity and honor shine through, Mr. Tito. You have my respect.

dragoongfa

It's the Krossopolypse
Apr 21, 2009
A man who does what he is told by a bully is just victim.

A man who gives orders because he thinks he is in charge is just a bully.

A group who willingly follows a bully are just sycophants.

A man who stands up for his convictions against victims, bullies and sycophants is a Hero.

Greg Tito stood up for freedom of speech while many of his 'colleagues' ganged up on him to censor discussion.

Greg Tito is a Hero.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Much love, Mr Tito, you are a man of strong moral fiber and I have a great respect for that; whatever shit you've had to put up with as a result of all this I hope you can take solace in the fact you're head and shoulders above most of your peers when it comes to respecting your audience, and that means a lot to us.

Stewie Plisken

Jan 3, 2009
I swear, I'd have appreciated this a lot less if you were sympathetic to us. Thank you for restoring faith in humanity.

RazorrX

Apr 7, 2008
My hat is off to you sir! Outstanding show of a strong will and firm stand for what you believe to be the correct action, even if it went against your personal views. That took a big person.

KokujinTensai

Feb 11, 2009
Thank you based Tito. You're like some sort of benevolent ball of light shielding the last bastion of discussion from the darkness of corruption.

Thanatos2k

Aug 12, 2013
The leaked messages have done nothing but paint Tito as someone with some actual damn integrity, refusing to be bullied by the likes of Kuchera and others who would deny people the right to discuss something merely because they dislike what they're saying.

Tito dug himself a hole with the whole "We cared more about the agenda than the facts" but has heroically climbed out of it while his journalist bretheren are still digging their way to China. The Escapist is one of the few bastions left that appears concerned with ethics.

Wolfe M. Howler

Jun 27, 2011
I just read the contact-scrubbed pastebin of the emails, and let me say thank you for both allowing the thread to remain open under pressure and standing up to the others who wanted you to take it down.