A thank you to mr. Tito

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I'm seconding the general sentiment here. Big ups to Tito, he's earned nigh-infinite respect.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Voltaire said:
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire
Thank you sir. You have shown yourself to be among the best of men. You stood up to the worst of the Internet and your own profession in order to give your customers voice, even when you disagreed with what they had to say. You can't have much more integrity than that.

crystalflash

Sep 19, 2014
Like I said in the GG thread, it takes a lot of courage to allow your opposition the right to speak their mind as opposed to censoring and abolishing any and all dissent. The fact that Greg Tito right now values the freedom of speech even more so than 4chan's Moot is highly admirable and a show of good character. So thanks for allowing the discussion when others tried to tell you otherwise; you've shown yourself to be the better person in all of this chaotic mess.

Tankistas

Sep 18, 2014
I have great respect that despite your personal views and in the face of peer pressure you showed faith and trust in your audience.

The escapist is truly fortunate to have you Greg.

Thank you.

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
A big, heartfelt thank you from me as well. A man of integrity is shown not when he stands up to outside adversity, but to his friends, for it is the harder choice to make, and ultimately the one that defines the man.

Sadly, I doubt this thread will reach 800 pages though. xD

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Yeah, I have my problems with you...

But you held your own.

Been a while since I posted an image on here.

And...sorry, for caling you names.

Tomanil

Sep 16, 2014
Greg Tito is a great example of standing up for what you believe in and refusing to listen to peer pressure. Much thanks for fighting for free speech and being a decent human being.

Mathmachine

Aug 24, 2014
The courage you had to stand up to all your peers and stick to your beliefs, in this day and age, that's nothing short of heroic.

I said it before and I'll say it again, GREG TITO FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
I see a lot of people are going to quote Voltaire and rightly so but I'm going to give a different quote that I feel is appropriate here.
Voltaire said:
Les mortels sont égaux; ce n'est pas la naissance,
C'est la seule vertu qui fait la différence.
{Translated}
All men are equal; it is not their birth,
But virtue itself that makes the difference

~~Eriphile, act II, scene I (1732); these lines were also used in Mahomet, act I, scene IV (1741)
You have conducted yourself with honour, integrity and downright virtue in the face of both peer pressure and your own dislikes and for that you have earned my utmost respect and good will.

I would like to also suggest that, as a true showing of our good faith, we disable any of 'that' certain software which shall not be named and possibly also indulge in subscribing to the Publishers club.

Dragon Rage

Aug 25, 2014
Greg Tito Appreciation Thread? I'm in. Thank you, Mr. Tito. As somebody who once held the position of "moderator" on another forum, I know how hard it is to be in a place where your personal feelings are at odds with your professional responsibilities. It's an unpleasant experience, to say the least. So to see a person hold to their responsibilities is inspiring, sir. Again, thank you.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
It was a typhoon in a shotglass. You could've stamped it out. It'd been easier to stamp it out.

But you did not. You knew better. You stood true to your principles. To what you are meant to be.

You did what was right. For what worth it may be, you have my thanks.

(It is rather difficult to type while trying to stand at attention, I must say.)

This has been such an undescribable shitstorm. But things might be better for it in the end. Trying to quiet it would've been truly disasterous.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
thank your mr tito thank your for everything thank you for standing up for what you belive in your a rare gem

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
Mr. Tito, when this business began, when I read your initial response to the Wizardchan fiasco, I thought I would never be able to respect you again. I thought, with you as editor-in-chief, that the future of The Escapist was grim, that the thread would be closed, that we'd go the way of NeoGAF and Rock Paper Shotgun, that I'd have to find a new site to call home for my news on the hobby I love. But you proved me wrong Mr. Tito. You proved me so wrong. And I have never been so happy to be wrong. Under pressure, you showed integrity. When others would have us silenced, you allowed us to speak. The pro-GamerGate movement would not be what it is today if you had not allowed us to flourish here. For that, I thank you. You have my respect and the respect of countless gamers who have been driven here from sites run by men with much less integrity than you. Thank you Mr. Tito. Now I'm going to borrow a phrase from someone else on this website, because right now you deserve it more than most anyone else here.

Thank God for Greg.

Here's hoping that some day soon, once this is all behind us, we'll all be able to sit down together, as gamers, and play some vidya.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
Greg Tito for president of video games!

ok but seriously, you deserve mad props for allowing discussion, you could have easily banned it like so many other places (including freaking 4chan, my mind is still reeling from that) it appears some of your colleagues tried to convince you to do so. But you chose to allow it, in spite of your own personal opinion on the subject, that in my own humble opinion is a mark of true character.

Slayer4472

Sep 1, 2014
Any man willing to stand for our freedom of speech while disagreeing with us is an honorable man.

Glory to Tito!
Glory to the Escapist!

Ncrdrg

Sep 12, 2014
Thank you Mr. Tito.
We definitely have our difference in opinions but censorship is definitely not the way to go about this.
To see resist the pressure from Kuchera and others was very enlightening.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
It takes a lot to stand up for free debate like you did, kudos.

You might disagree with Gamergate, that's fine (We have our trolls to thank for that). But silencing us is indeed not the way, it is awesome you can see that.

BrokenTinker

Sep 11, 2014
I no longer have any animosity toward you Mr. Tito, hell, I can say I respect you. Apologizing with Mr. Marcis about the false WC thing made me still a bit skeptical, but seeing what you did behind the scene showed that while you were at fault for certain things, you still stood up when it mattered.

o7