A thank you to mr. Tito

Thoughtful_Salt

Mar 29, 2012
Jack T. Pumpkin said:
Regardless of what your opinion may or may not be of the recent disaster, it has brought one fact to light: despite pressure to eliminate or control any conversation on the topic, mr. Tito stood up for what he saw as free speech, even though he considered the topic distasteful.

Thank you, mr Tito, for refusing to bow to pressure and allowing conversations to take place.
I understand where this is coming from, but others might not, so it might be helpful to at least post a link to that email dump (or a web-archived if necessary). But I agree, Kuchera was acting unreasonably, and I haven't really liked him since he condescendingly shut down comments on an article about anita sarkeesian's first tropes video, but Tito has earned even more kudos from me.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Mr Tito I believe stayed the course when it was easier to turn back and reduce as much verbal violence as he could

To quote Dumbledore: "There will be a time we will have to choose between what is right... and what is easy."

Thanks for doing your best

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Thanks Tito!

It's really great that you let us talk about this stuff, where other sites try to shut anything that they disagree with down. Whether or not you agree with Gamergate or any of the events leading up to it, you allow conversation to happen. Between you and Archon this site has proven to be a bastion of ethics and morals.

BinaryFinary

Aug 22, 2014
Jack T. Pumpkin said:
Regardless of what your opinion may or may not be of the recent disaster, it has brought one fact to light: despite pressure to eliminate or control any conversation on the topic, mr. Tito stood up for what he saw as free speech, even though he considered the topic distasteful.

Thank you, mr Tito, for refusing to bow to pressure and allowing conversations to take place.
Completely agree and also wish to thank him.

I disagree with some of the things he said in the other thread, but like he offers us, I fully support him be able to give his opinion.

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
I probably should've posted something like this in the gamergate megathread back when Tito was still reading it but in light of recent info that's come out and this topic's appearance I feel now is an appropriate time.

To Mr. Tito: Thanks for keeping the forums open to rational discussion and being honest.

mdqp

Oct 21, 2011
Thanks Mr. Tito, this was really important to many of us! I might not have heard anything at all about this, if you hadn't decided against taking down the threads, so I deeply appreciate it.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I too am grateful to Greg for not swinging the ban hammer like so many others in the industry; I simply would have never known about it otherwise. I hope that his colleagues don't try to make him pay for it.

Souther Thorn

Apr 5, 2013
Here Here. Greg has done an epic job (with disperate voices surrounding him) keeping the lines of communication open and allowing discussion to proceed with minimal moderation until the fringes faded and the conversation got....civil? Thanks Greg, we appreciate it.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Thanatos2k said:
The leaked messages have done nothing but paint Tito as someone with some actual damn integrity, refusing to be bullied by the likes of Kuchera and others who would deny people the right to discuss something merely because they dislike what they're saying.

Tito dug himself a hole with the whole "We cared more about the agenda than the facts" but has heroically climbed out of it while his journalist bretheren are still digging their way to China. The Escapist is one of the few bastions left that appears concerned with ethics.
As someone who has not been following this whole controversy that closely could you provide me with a link to these messages? Finding stuff in those massive threads is really difficult.

OT: I'll say thank you to Greg Tito, Archon and the rest of the Escapist team and moderators for how they've conducted themselves in the midst of this massive shitstorm. I've seen nothing but professionalism from you guys, kudos.

Leo Walkman

Feb 15, 2014
I normally just lurk on these here forums, however I feel the need to also thank Greg Tito and the moderating staff.

Thank you.

dragoongfa

It's the Krossopolypse
Apr 21, 2009
Drummodino said:
As someone who has not been following this whole controversy that closely could you provide me with a link to these messages? Finding stuff in those massive threads is really difficult.

OT: I'll say thank you to Greg Tito, Archon and the rest of the Escapist team and moderators for how they've conducted themselves in the midst of this massive shitstorm. I've seen nothing but professionalism from you guys, kudos.
http://pastebin.com/wzxEjJaj

It's a pastebin with all the contact info removed, the archive today link that used to circulate has contact info and as such we shouldn't post it.

Arean

Windwalker of Shaundakul
Apr 24, 2008
As I've said to Archon in the past, the most positive thing for me during the entire GamerGate debacle has been a heightened respect for Archon and The Escapist.

I'm very glad to see Greg Tito join the list of people who have shown themselves as admirable during this whole affair. No matter how it ends, I think a lot of people are going to gain followings from this.

Akjosch

Sep 12, 2014
Thank you, Mr. Tito - and also thank you the Escapist team. Your actions gained you a new fan and subscriber.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Though I detest that thread, and the OP in particular, I can appreciate the intent behind Tito's actions.

Good on you, Greggy-Greg. I honestly doubt that any one person could control the issue, and your effort was indeed earnest, I can salute you for that.

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
I don't care much for the controversy but I can respect and applaud him for his civility. My most sincere kudos to you, Greg Tito.

Kimozabi

Sep 1, 2008
I don't care what other forum users think of my support for the thread I've mainly been a part of.

That this was one of the only sites allowing discussion as long as it has, has made The Escapist my new home for reading about video game news.

And it feels damn good to be here.

Thanks, mr. Tito.

Velventian

Left here for the world to see
May 17, 2013
Thanks to the escapist and especially Mr. Tito and Archon for allowing us to stay here.