A thank you to mr. Tito

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
chadachada123 said:
crystalflash said:
Like I said in the GG thread, it takes a lot of courage to allow your opposition the right to speak their mind as opposed to censoring and abolishing any and all dissent. The fact that Greg Tito right now values the freedom of speech even more so than 4chan's Moot is highly admirable and a show of good character. So thanks for allowing the discussion when others tried to tell you otherwise; you've shown yourself to be the better person in all of this chaotic mess.
This is what surprised me the most, since moot has been on record multiple times saying that perhaps the greatest thing about 4chan, and what he valued greatly, was the near-complete freedom of expression (and anonymity) on his site. I'm trying to find the example pics right now but I'm not having any luck.

OT: Now that I have migrated to 8chan and will also consider here as my other home, and start posting once again, I would also like to give a heartfelt thanks to Tito.

As for 4chan's opinion after the mass deletion of all GG threads and outright lie by moot on /v/'s sticky...while I hope this doesn't get me a warning, this is what 4chan thinks:

chadachada123 said:
crystalflash said:
Like I said in the GG thread, it takes a lot of courage to allow your opposition the right to speak their mind as opposed to censoring and abolishing any and all dissent. The fact that Greg Tito right now values the freedom of speech even more so than 4chan's Moot is highly admirable and a show of good character. So thanks for allowing the discussion when others tried to tell you otherwise; you've shown yourself to be the better person in all of this chaotic mess.
This is what surprised me the most, since moot has been on record multiple times saying that perhaps the greatest thing about 4chan, and what he valued greatly, was the near-complete freedom of expression (and anonymity) on his site. I'm trying to find the example pics right now but I'm not having any luck.

OT: Now that I have migrated to 8chan and will also consider here as my other home, and start posting once again, I would also like to give a heartfelt thanks to Tito.

As for 4chan's opinion after the mass deletion of all GG threads and outright lie by moot on /v/'s sticky...while I hope this doesn't get me a warning, this is what 4chan thinks:

Sigh, "kike", really? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, 4chan has a bad reputation for a reason. 552 people had no problem clicking on that, which considering the amount of people on 4chan is low but if we are to take this poll as meaningful (as you seem to do) then about 50% of the users not only had no issue with the word, were comfortable associating with it. That is really really sad.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
maxben said:
chadachada123 said:

Sigh, "kike", really? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, 4chan has a bad reputation for a reason. 552 people had no problem clicking on that, which considering the amount of people on 4chan is low but if we are to take this poll as meaningful (as you seem to do) then about 50% of the users not only had no issue with the word, were comfortable associating with it. That is really really sad.
I voted for that option.

Not because of the 'kike' part, but because moot was either selling us out (shill) or suddenly turned into a tyrannical admin, being possessed by the Illuminati or whatever. In any case, he no longer allowed the free expression that he once cherished, and there aren't many options other than at least being convinced by others to do it. This wouldn't be much of a surprise given that his girlfriend works for Gawker (not a subsidiary, but Gawker itself). I know that's leaning towards the conspiracy side, I admit, but there is a bit of evidence that he knows a few of the anti-discussion crowd and is in a relationship with someone that works for one of the parent companies of all of this.

TL;DR: My vote was to show that moot was corrupt, because I thought that more important than whether or not GamerGate discussion was allowed.

(I also don't see a problem with the 'kike' part, but that's for another time. The short of *that* is that, yes, any and every slur in the book is used, and when it's money-related, they're more likely to be Jewish slurs, but that's just because hyperbole is common there, it does NOT mean any sort of antisemitism).

AllCorrupt

Sep 22, 2014
I'm a new reader of this site, because it appears to be the only gaming site I'm aware of with any remaining integrity. I've abandoned all the other gaming sites, but I kind of had been already since they've been trash for some time before gamergate.

The response of Greg Tito standing up to bullies like Ben Kuchera is why I've taken refuge on the Escapist.

Calbeck

Bearer of Pointed Commentary
Jul 13, 2008
Honor is a precious resource. Thank you for being a reservoir, Mr. Tito.

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
chadachada123 said:
maxben said:
chadachada123 said:

I voted for that option.

Not because of the 'kike' part, but because moot was either selling us out (shill) or suddenly turned into a tyrannical admin, being possessed by the Illuminati or whatever. In any case, he no longer allowed the free expression that he once cherished, and there aren't many options other than at least being convinced by others to do it. This wouldn't be much of a surprise given that his girlfriend works for Gawker (not a subsidiary, but Gawker itself). I know that's leaning towards the conspiracy side, I admit, but there is a bit of evidence that he knows a few of the anti-discussion crowd and is in a relationship with someone that works for one of the parent companies of all of this.

TL;DR: My vote was to show that moot was corrupt, because I thought that more important than whether or not GamerGate discussion was allowed.

(I also don't see a problem with the 'kike' part, but that's for another time. The short of *that* is that, yes, any and every slur in the book is used, and when it's money-related, they're more likely to be Jewish slurs, but that's just because hyperbole is common there, it does NOT mean any sort of antisemitism).
To be honest, the excuse of either a) I didn't really mean it that way and b) these kinds of slurs are used all the time, does not really make me feel better. I am sure that you don't care, which is fine, but it just depresses me as I see antisemitism and antisemetic slurs on the Internet all the time and when I play multiplayer games (MMOs especially). It just really hurts. Anyhow, carry on, I don't want to derail this thread any more than I already have.