A thread for the R. Kelly trial

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
And the verdict is in. The jury found Kelly guilty and he faces ten years to life in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for May 4.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
And the verdict is in. The jury found Kelly guilty and he faces ten years to life in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for May 4.

That's over 8 months from now. Why are they waiting so long? So he has enough time to disappear or kill himself?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
That's over 8 months from now. Why are they waiting so long? So he has enough time to disappear or kill himself?
What difference does it make? We already saw this with Cosby. 2 years from now somebody "discovers" a clerical error in the whole process and he walks.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Trust me, the bastard won't be going anywhere. I'm sure security will be super tight and they're going to have him on suicide watch. Worst case scenario, that's one less scumbag to deal with should it happen.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
What difference does it make? We already saw this with Cosby. 2 years from now somebody "discovers" a clerical error in the whole process and he walks.
To be fair I think there is something like 3 or 4 other cases being brought against him. Hopefully not all the DA's made a behind the doors deal to grant him full immunity.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Trust me, the bastard won't be going anywhere. I'm sure security will be super tight and they're going to have him on suicide watch. Worst case scenario, that's one less scumbag to deal with should it happen.
They better have learned from Epstein.

Alienware

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Canada
Cosby could afford lawyers and that's why he's out, R Kelly is broke and won't have that same opportunity.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Cosby could afford lawyers and that's why he's out, R Kelly is broke and won't have that same opportunity.
I suspect R Kelly will be broke in the way most rich people usually become broke: with lots of money tucked away in places the law can't reach. So they've technically got no personal wealth, but can continue to live comfortably or luxuriously.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I suspect R Kelly will be broke in the way most rich people usually become broke: with lots of money tucked away in places the law can't reach. So they've technically got no personal wealth, but can continue to live comfortably or luxuriously.
Michael Jackson only got to keep his Ferris wheel because the DWP forgot to put Ferris wheel ownership on the list of reasons to deny claims. They've added it now though.

Reactions: CM156

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Michael Jackson only got to keep his Ferris wheel because the DWP forgot to put Ferris wheel ownership on the list of reasons to deny claims. They've added it now though.
Known as the "Michael Jackson" clause or "Hee-Hee" rule.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
You know what, this is gonna be a big hot take but....

Now I'm starting to think Michael Jackson is just like R.Kelly and Bill Cosby.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Reactions: CM156 and BrawlMan

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Had a co worker today saying that the parents should be more at fault than R Kelly. Me and another co worker both agreed that EVERYONE who was involved in this fuckshit are all at fault.

Hell R Kelly can't even read and write so who ever wrote those checks and made those legal documents for hush money I hope they go down to some how cause obviously Robert Kells didn't write them.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Hell R Kelly can't even read and write so who ever wrote those checks and made those legal documents for hush money I hope they go down to some how cause obviously Robert Kells didn't write them.
No, but he can verbally tell his lawyer what to do, and his lawyer-client relationships have certain privileges - lots of lawyers know they're facilitating shitbag clients evade criminal charges, as it's literally their job to act in their clients' best interest.