A thread for the R. Kelly trial

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

We already got some hardcore defenders of the bastard coming out the wood work. Korey and Martin rightfully calls out the delusional biatch.​

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
You know what, this is gonna be a big hot take but....

Now I'm starting to think Michael Jackson is just like R.Kelly and Bill Cosby.
With Jackson, it seems there was a lot of smoke but no one was quite able to find where the fire was, so to speak. Him being dead makes things a bit more complicated.

I'm at least 80% sure he was guilty.

Reactions: CM156

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
With Jackson, it seems there was a lot of smoke but no one was quite able to find where the fire was, so to speak. Him being dead makes things a bit more complicated.

He's also a situation where I can also blame the parents. The parents were straight up just pimping their kids.

Hoping Jackson's fortune will rub off on them through the kids.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
You know what, this is gonna be a big hot take but....

Now I'm starting to think Michael Jackson is just like R.Kelly and Bill Cosby.
I think with Jackson, people focus perhaps a bit too much on whether he was actually molesting children, which may or may not have been the case, and not enough on whether he was grooming and emotionally manipulating them, which is hard to deny that he was. Of course there are a lot of open questions, mainly concerning his mental condition and whether he was being deliberately manipulative or just too mentally disturbed to understand how his treatment of these children was abusive. But either way you look at it, what he did was less than wholesome and shouldn't be treated like it's water under the bridge.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009

I think there is certainly a question mark over whether Michael Jackson sexually abused minors at the level of penetration, masturbation, etc. After all, some people with the wrong inclinations do manage hold themselves back from total atrocity.

However, lots of his apparent behaviour meets definitions of sexual abuse in terms of what might be considered less (physically) severe acts - forms of inappropriate touching, sharing his bed, inappropriate conversations and emotional behaviour. That I am sure was guilty of. He should not have been allowed to be with those children unsupervised, and their parents should not have let him have so much freedom with them.

Reactions: CM156

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
The New York attorney who appealed on behalf of Bill Cosby and helped get his sexual assault conviction overturned has now joined R. Kelly’s legal team.

According to the Chicago Tribune, Jennifer Bonjean will lead the charge on efforts to challenge the disgraced singer’s recent conviction on racketeering and sex trafficking charges in Brooklyn–which came after weeks of grueling testimony from over 40 witnesses for the prosecution and a swift guilty verdict.

More from the Tribune:

She said she’s “looking forward to getting familiar with the record” in Kelly’s case, which was anchored by Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act charges that she called a “kitchen sink approach.”
“I am becoming increasingly concerned with how the government is abusing the RICO statute in order to plead around the statute of limitations and essentially put people’s entire lives on trial,” Bonjean said. “It’s becoming a formula for the government. You have a right to defend yourself against specific allegations.”
Bonjean said she saw similar government overreach in another high-profile case she’s handling: NXIVM sex-cult leader Keith Raniere, who was convicted under the RICO statute in the same courthouse as Kelly.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Well lets hope the DA didn't make a binding legal agreement that they would not prosecute R. Kelly if he admitted to wrong doing in a civil case, and then turn around and break that agreement, hoping no one would notice.
Or some other legalese that helps criminals escape. Like, I understand the DA f'd up. But he's still a crim