A thread for the R. Kelly trial

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
The Boondocks is the one reason I'm aware of R.Kelly at all.
I knew R. Kelly from Celebrity Deathmatch and South Park.

And how apprently he sings even when he's supposed to be just talking:

♪ Now he's dissing my music, turning his back on me, time to teach this fool a lesson, with my foot up his chocolate factory ♪

♪ SO I PULL OUT MY GUN. I'm gonna count to three for you come out of the closet.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And how apprently he sings even when he's supposed to be just talking:

♪ Now he's dissing my music, turning his back on me, time to teach this fool a lesson, with my foot up his chocolate factory ♪

♪ SO I PULL OUT MY GUN. I'm gonna count to three for you come out of the closet.
They were making fun of his 16-part music video: "Trapped In The Closet".

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
It's wild to think about all the stuff Kelly allegedly did and allegedly got away with.

That said I 100% believe his victims.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
It's wild to think about all the stuff Kelly allegedly did and allegedly got away with.

I think one of the most unpalatable things is that it's probably not that rare, either (Epstein, anyone?), and certainly worldwide. Right now, there's going to be a few of these guys operating - seemingly rich, successful, etc. - busy maintaining their sex slave operations. Probably also in plain sight, with the same situation of friends and associates conveniently looking the other way, victims being dismissed as unreliable or fantasists, and a great deal of smoothing over with money and influence.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA

Rich people get away with raping people. That’s life. But at least this rich rapist contributed to the Space Jam soundtrack.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
From Chicago and R Kelly was a loud and open secret that people dismissed as lies trying to take down a "great man" or just did not a care and sometimes justified it. shivers. I been saying R Kelly was suspect for a while and got shit for it and that Boondocks episode was not even a parody that was just pure reality.

Like everything R Kelly touched is just slime it is the reason I can't bring myself even listen Aaliyahs first album knowing he wrote and produced Age Aint Nothing but a Number. Not to mention the man called himself the Pied Piper of RnB like we all know what that story is about and like way too many people did not think hard on that. It was like he was throwing it out there thinking he was untouchable.

Rich people get away with raping people. That’s life. But at least this rich rapist contributed to the Space Jam soundtrack.
Sucks cause I Believe I Can Fly helped me through some tough times but there are plenty of other great songs on the OG Space Jam soundtrack so I can survive.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Like everything R Kelly touched is just slime it is the reason I can't bring myself even listen Aaliyahs first album knowing he wrote and produced Age Aint Nothing but a Number.
Yes, I think that's the really worrying thing: some of these guys are literally telling us what they think. Like that comedian guy (red hair, beard, already forgotten the name). Some of his comedy routines are essentially semi-dramatised stories of what a creep he is. Once you know that, they aren't funny anymore.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Yes, I think that's the really worrying thing: some of these guys are literally telling us what they think. Like that comedian guy (red hair, beard, already forgotten the name). Some of his comedy routines are essentially semi-dramatised stories of what a creep he is. Once you know that, they aren't funny anymore.
Louis CK is who you are thinking of and yes I agree there is a insidious air to it. Like they know they are wrong but if they wrap it up in a nice package the populous will go along with it and eat it up whether it be comedy or music.

I said in my last post the man called himself the Pied Piper of RnB and I feel like I was only one during that piss trial who put thought in why he would go that route.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Louis CK is who you are thinking of...
Yes, that's him. Although you could have left him unnamed, as I don't think there will be any great loss if he is forgotten.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
That's the weird conundrum, we have people that has created great works of art, but they are also scum.

Roman Polanski made the Pianist. And its the most harrowing film about the Holocaust ever and with an ending that gives me tears.

And the man is a pedophile.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
In high school, a lot of the girls would not shut up about that song. I got sick and tired of hearing it all over the radio.
Weird Al Yankovic made a beautiful parody of this song called "Trapped in the Drive Thru". It is glorious.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
The more I learn about R. Kelly the less I like him.
The only thing that is good about this is that is challenges the Halo effect that is strong within the average person. Yes he is probably a once in a life time talent and yes he is also a huge piece a shit at the same time. Those two things can exist together.

Reactions: CM156 and BrawlMan