A Top 100 Games List I Actually Like and Monster Manuals A to Z

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
A Top 100 Games List I Actually Like and Monster Manuals A to Z

The best of the tabletop gaming blogs this week: A five year old can beat you, a top 100 list to top all others, and a clever twist on your traditional D&D deviltry.

Read Full Article

Jan 12, 2012
That article on the meme outsiders is interesting, if not ground-breaking; it's always good to see how people use the idea of creatures out of spacetime. I know a guy who played with 'If you talk about it, they come back,' in a Delta Green game. The best part was, the surviving characters were joined by new characters controlled by new players, and there was a constant attempt by the new players to find out why the old players said the game had been going for months, but refused to tell any war stories. I hear it created a really interesting psychological dynamic at the table.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Thunderous Cacophony said:
That article on the meme outsiders is interesting, if not ground-breaking; it's always good to see how people use the idea of creatures out of spacetime. I know a guy who played with 'If you talk about it, they come back,' in a Delta Green game. The best part was, the surviving characters were joined by new characters controlled by new players, and there was a constant attempt by the new players to find out why the old players said the game had been going for months, but refused to tell any war stories. I hear it created a really interesting psychological dynamic at the table.
This is precisely why I think it's a great idea.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I have always thought that varibel damage helps with narrative. The cultist wildy aims his pistol and fires, missing but it's close enough to cause powder burns, take 2 damage. The troll swings it's club and hits you squarely on the chest take 12 damage.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
JonB said:
Interesting layout, reads a little bit like pseudocode. That's my new word I'm flaunting now; I hope you won't find it quixotic of me. Looks like you had a minor boob with your BBCode in the last few lines there.