A twist on the old "sex change" thread

Kaisharga

Dec 5, 2007
I don't think this one has been done before. I'm intrigued to see what happens!

You wake up one morning, and you and your sig. other discover that THEY have spontaneously changed to a body of the opposite sex. Primary and secondary sex characteristics (facial hair, breasts, genitals, etc) aside, their appearance is similar to yesterday, and it seems to be permanent.

What happens then?

Bonus: What happens in three months when they change back to their birth sex, similarly spontaneously and otherwise-untouched?

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
I started reading the second paragraph and thought you said they turned into the Stig. Like, from Top Gear. That would be fun.
I think we'd split up. I'm straight and a male version of a hot girl is still a male.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Heh, I thought this'd be a much more serious thread.

Instead, it's a barometer for the gender bender kink. Don't worry, it's apparently very common; Rule 63 does exist after all.

Similarly to the fallout punk band above, I'd be extremely disappointed.

Kaisharga

Dec 5, 2007
You're very welcome to post your idealized version of this thread in your own! That could also be interesting.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Oh god no, it's just that I haven't really posted much for a while and the last time I was there was a veritable horde of threads on transexuals or anything even vaguely related. So, that is where my brain went; rather than light hearted fun.

This forum has a habit of going crazy over one topic for a while. I think the recent order was circumcision, ponies, transexuals and now it's females & gaming. I could be missing one or two out.

But anyway, yeah, go nuts. Woohoo kinks!

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Depending on how they look, it'd either be effectively business as usual, or we'd probably break up and just be friends.

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
I don't have a SO, but since I'm straight, in this scenario, I go back to being single. Hopefully we can still be close friends, but nothing sexual is possible if they turned into a physical male. The desire just won't be there on my end.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Well, I'm a transgender lesbian, and if I were to become a dude again that'd be an instant suicide deal. If you're talking on the genetic level though, and thus making me a genetically proper female, sign me right the fuck up. Either way, you're talking about a real big can of worms here for people like Mars Atlas and myself.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
an annoyed writer said:
Well, I'm a transgender lesbian, and if I were to become a dude again that'd be an instant suicide deal. If you're talking on the genetic level though, and thus making me a genetically proper female, sign me right the fuck up. Either way, you're talking about a real big can of worms here for people like Mars Atlas and myself.
You're not changing, though. Your significant other is. You'll be the same as you are now.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Queen Michael said:
an annoyed writer said:
You're not changing, though. Your significant other is. You'll eb the same as you are now.
Ah. must've misread the thing. In that case, it'd be time for a break-up because I'm simply not into dudes. Like, at all. Call me shallow, but the cold hard truth is that that certain kind of relationship doesn't go far when there isn't physical attraction.

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
I don't have a SO at the moment, but ignoring that minor snag - I'm bisexual so it wouldn't make any difference to me in terms of attraction if they were still the same person. Honestly, (not that I'm trying to fulfil the bi stereotype or anything) if I had a partner who changed gender every few months I'd think I'd hit the jackpot :p

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Assuming I have an significant other is a big assumption. However, for the purpose of the thread...

Well, sex would stop. Period. I can't. I just can't go there. That doesn't mean the relationship would be terminated necessarily but there would be a lot of stress there. I mean, it wasn't her fault it spontaneously happened so I couldn't rightly leave 'him' for it. I would be a lot happier when the change back occurred but 3 months is a long time. A lot can happen in that time and the tension might end what we had.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
If we're just talking body, essentially turning my SO into a pre-op transman, I'd probably stay with him and we'd start getting him started on another sex change. If it was mind and body, we'd have to just be friends as I wouldn't be able to date a girl.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well frankly, I kick Jack out of his powersuit and make him walk around like a female Captain Jack Harkness while I remain thoroughly unembarassed within said suit. Why embarassment? Think about it. I'm a man. Do you think I'm prepared to deal with the problems a woman's body has to go through...every month? Do I look ready to handle it emotionally when my testosterone flip-flops into estrogen? Is it not all the more likely that the loss of manhood in more ways than one will have me shouting "WTF Mate?"? I don't envy women their place in life. It is a hard one and I wouldn't trade manhood over for absolute world domination and a sexy doomsday device.

BONUS: I go "It's about fucking time!" and I later find Jack running around in his boxer shorts to the tune of 'Hard Day's Night' as the Harkness effect crosses genders devastatingly.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
If I were transformed into a woman, presumably by magic, I would assume the change was permanent and do some serious soul-searching. Don't know how I'd come out the other side (Straight, gay, bi), but I think I would just get used to it. I'd be glad to have my old body back 3 months later though.

And I don't have a girlfriend, but if I did, I can't imagine the relationship would continue during this spontaneous transformation, at least at first; I don't even know if I would be attracted to men if I was a girl.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Tom_green_day said:
I started reading the second paragraph and thought you said they turned into the Stig. Like, from Top Gear. That would be fun.
Actually...that would have made for a much better thread.

Morti

Aug 19, 2008
An interesting question, but irrelevant to me since I have never, do not and most likely ever will have a romantic partner.

I would be facinated to see other couples experience this since, as an outsider, just what the difference is between BFFs and lovers intrigues me. Does a BFF become a lover if you throw sexual attraction into the mix, or vice versa?