A View From the Road: Cut/Scene

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
after witnessing the MGS4 things on unskippable, some games would been hella better with playable ctscenes, and of course Mass Effect is the way to go. It's waste of effort to do stuff in sutscenes that doesn't work ingame, most evident examples are cloth physics that happen in cutscenes, it's almost everywhere(MSG, Dark SEctor? GTA IV). Few examples from GTA IV: physics of roman's bed, Dimitri's tie, the purple curtains in appartment of your first girlfriend(and the blanket in the naked man scene from TLaD DLC), but there are examples of worse waisted effort: mission exclusive features, like the trashcar hatch or wearable bags(OK, there are hacks, but we shouldn't do it). If I was ever to make games, my cutscenes would have seekbar and you could replay them afterwards because the character would "remember" them(I would like to have such concept for the gameplay: instead if instant replay some instant rewind). There were also tries of having slight camera interactivity, last time I remember it was Dark Sector, but it came out useless.
EDIT: I have to confirm that if the conversations in ME didn't have interesting topics everyone would hate them, because the camera is just boring, but luckily ME2 is gonna vastly upgrade them.

lafona

Jun 10, 2009
got a friend who leveled his whole team up to 99 on the first disc(ffVII)....yeah.....i thought it was kinda sad too