A View From The Road: The Ultimate MMOG Holiday Wish List

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
I would use a lot of Borderlands for best MMO. it would require only few changes to adapt it fot MMO. it's already made for cooperation, but if we added visible body from 1sp person, allowed 3rd person and every character would be made of user-selected design parts, taht would already be quite like most of these games. moreover with lots of humor and parody(Pulp fiction and firefly references made me LMAO)

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
Ahhhh.... people are finally coming around to my "I want to be able to solo all game content in WoW should I chose to do so" way of thinking. Glad its spreading! I can feel my power growing! MMMWUUUUHHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! (lightning flash/thunder here)

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
/Agree most everything

the reason why user content is overlooked is because it takes up too much data storage. simply why it basically doesnt exist

PvP shouldnt be Optional, it shouldnt EXIST. sure, its fun for a while, but simply put, it blows in non-standardized environments. this is exclusively what UT1-2 were made for. PvP is only good when singleplayer has been treated like a 5 year old rape victim left in the woods with a hungry pack of wolves.

Boxinatorizore

Mar 25, 2009
I highly agree with the player created content, I just think it would be awesome if you could build your own city and populate it with hundreds of npcs or just a small shack in the jungle... or a giant flying castle... or maybe not. I also think player jobs and polotics is cool... if executed right... if not... well no.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
toapat said:
PvP shouldnt be Optional, it shouldnt EXIST. sure, its fun for a while, but simply put, it blows in non-standardized environments. this is exclusively what UT1-2 were made for. PvP is only good when singleplayer has been treated like a 5 year old rape victim left in the woods with a hungry pack of wolves.
I would argue PvP benefits the game even for people who don't like it and don't play it. PvP offers a finer instrument to measure class balance than PvE will, and class imbalances are fundamentally un-fun, even in co-op multiplayer where "why do rogues alway out DPS me" and even pure single player where "why can hunters run all these quests twice as fast as I can and die half as much." It is up to the company to balance these issues out, but PvP alerts us to the finer points of class imbalance. Specific PvPer demands, like low lag and latency, make the single player content of the game feel more fresh and responsive as well. PvE-er demands, like better graphics, can bog down the game.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Well it's clear I should have just asked for Shadowmorne for Xmas.

...*grumble* Y'know I have the most awesome luck rolling on anything that ISN'T a weapon in WoW? I've been using Betrayer of Humanity for bloody ages. (Stopped playing in November for a while) But STILL. I've done decently with that weapon but, it's just cosmetically boring now...

Every time I've gone to aquire a new one, someone with Higher DKP than me rolls out of nowhere and once again I'm left in the trashcan for weapons. I even Dkp horded for a while when the axe in ToTC dropped...

Blah, okay rambling. Some new animation upgrades in MMO's would be sweet... Like maybe some better profession animations in WoW, when we're Cooking or Tailoring, we SO don't look like that's what we're doing...

We look like we're rubbing our hands together, feindishly plotting. The updated druid forms are just peek at some better models so I hope theres a department at blizzard somewhere painfully upgrading our now rather bland character models. And a bit more than a facelift/hairstyle here and there.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Fearzone said:
toapat said:
I would argue PvP benefits the game even for people who don't like it and don't play it. PvP offers a finer instrument to measure class balance than PvE will, and class imbalances are fundamentally un-fun, even in co-op multiplayer where "why do rogues alway out DPS me" and even pure single player where "why can hunters run all these quests twice as fast as I can and die half as much." It is up to the company to balance these issues out, but PvP alerts us to the finer points of class imbalance. Specific PvPer demands, like low lag and latency, make the single player content of the game feel more fresh and responsive as well. PvE-er demands, like better graphics, can bog down the game.
no it doesnt. it simply shows how experienced people are with the class. Paladins were considered Absurd in 3.0, when in fact they were only as powerful as the people facing them were incompetent. PVP breaks balence, not creates it.

Kufaz

Sep 29, 2009
as far as cosmetic gear, I think that some stats should be from the gear itself (especialy at lower levels) but most of the stats should come from insertable gems.
WOW has done something like this, but gems seem to be more of an option than a requirement, and alot of the items don't have any sockets.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Kufaz said:
as far as cosmetic gear, I think that some stats should be from the gear itself (especialy at lower levels) but most of the stats should come from insertable gems.
WOW has done something like this, but gems seem to be more of an option than a requirement, and alot of the items don't have any sockets.
Endgame raids and arena's it's a requirement... if you don't socket your gear you will likely be laughed out of the raid/arena. :x Also it does give some excellent control over your play style for each of the 3 roles. You can priorotize what you want and I think WoW are taking that one step further in Cataclysm with 'Reforging' gear. (Ability that crafters will be able to utilize to minimize undesirable stats in favor of more desirable ones).

Though that's endgame, I agree that maybe the system should be tweeked for the lower levels, to get people in the habit and give jewelcrafting/other jobs more of a point to level.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Charli said:
Kufaz said:
Endgame raids and arena's it's a requirement... if you don't socket your gear you will likely be laughed out of the raid/arena. :x Also it does give some excellent control over your play style for each of the 3 roles. You can priorotize what you want and I think WoW are taking that one step further in Cataclysm with 'Reforging' gear. (Ability that crafters will be able to utilize to minimize undesirable stats in favor of more desirable ones).

Though that's endgame, I agree that maybe the system should be tweeked for the lower levels, to get people in the habit and give jewelcrafting/other jobs more of a point to level.
jewelcrafting needs to be made cheaper. its not even remotely effective at making money very fast, and only starts to make money later.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
toapat said:
Charli said:
Kufaz said:

jewelcrafting needs to be made cheaper. its not even remotely effective at making money very fast, and only starts to make money later.
Oh I dunno, I'm doing okay with it, I give stuff to the guild bank for alts to use, and the rest I can disenchant etc for materials to sell.

...Yeah I juggle all my jobs alot, Jewelcrafting on my would be druid tank I've yet to fully level though. With a miner funding it, it's not too expensive at all.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Charli said:
Oh I dunno, I'm doing okay with it, I give stuff to the guild bank for alts to use, and the rest I can disenchant etc for materials to sell.

...Yeah I juggle all my jobs alot, Jewelcrafting on my would be druid tank I've yet to fully level though. With a miner funding it, it's not too expensive at all.
A miner? 20 miners can not produce enough materials to efficiently level JC. you will know this when you hit Mithril and Citrines

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
toapat said:
Charli said:

A miner? 20 miners can not produce enough materials to efficiently level JC. you will know this when you hit Mithril and Citrines
I'm at Adamantite from when I last remember actually so I know, I didn't find that particularly difficult either...
My first ever profession was blacksmithing so i'll admit I had a stash of 30 Citrines left in my bank from pure luck, but all the mythril for crafting and prospecting I had to run around producing again... took a few days but I did it...