A Wasteland Revisited

Sean Sands

Optimistic Cynic
Sep 14, 2006
292
0
0
A Wasteland Revisited

If you hated Fallout 3, give it another look. You may only dislike it the next time.

Read Full Article
 

Sparrow

New member
Feb 22, 2009
6,848
0
0
Was the ending really needed? Your basically inciting flames between the olde Fallout lovers, and the new ones.

As a side note, I agree with the main point of this review. Rushing through Fallout 3 is like eating a sandwich without chewing, then complaining it didn't taste of anything.
 

GodsOneMistake

New member
Jan 31, 2009
2,250
0
0
Wow I felt that way exactly, The first run through was really bland for me, but I came back to it 6 months later with a different attitude and loved it so much more
 

VitusPrime

New member
Sep 26, 2008
438
0
0
Same, i just rushed through ignoring what was in it, only when i went and loaded up my power armored character just before the final fight and decided to walk in a random direction (Indecently North east) from the citidal did i realise how much effort went into this game,
you cant really do that on the orignal fallout.
 

johnman

New member
Oct 14, 2008
2,915
0
0
I tried to slow my pace down and enjoy the wasteland, but I just couldn't. I'm no old fallout fan, the entire game just felt boring to me. I've been spoiled by Stalker's zone I think, which is much more atmospheric and interesting.
 

WhiteTiger225

New member
Aug 6, 2009
1,039
0
0
johnman said:
I tried to slow my pace down and enjoy the wasteland, but I just couldn't. I'm no old fallout fan, the entire game just felt boring to me. I've been spoiled by Stalker's zone I think, which is much more atmospheric and interesting.
I wouldn't call it Atmospheric and interesting... But what I will say is this..

The main reason MOST retards can't like fallout 3 is this... and your post summed it up nicely... When they see guns in an FPS view the first thing every retarded Halo fan will shout is "ZOMIGAWD A FURST PURSHON SHOOTAR!" Fallout 3 is an ACTION RPG, NOT A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER! For god sakes you just compared Stalker, a FPS open world with some equipment management, to a GOD DAMN ACTION RPG that just HAPPENS to have guns XD Now if you said you would rather play Fable 2, or something like that, then I would understand, but comparing 2 different genres isn't only unfair, it's retarded.
 

GodsOneMistake

New member
Jan 31, 2009
2,250
0
0
WhiteTiger225 said:
johnman said:
I tried to slow my pace down and enjoy the wasteland, but I just couldn't. I'm no old fallout fan, the entire game just felt boring to me. I've been spoiled by Stalker's zone I think, which is much more atmospheric and interesting.
I wouldn't call it Atmospheric and interesting... But what I will say is this..

The main reason MOST retards can't like fallout 3 is this... and your post summed it up nicely... When they see guns in an FPS view the first thing every retarded Halo fan will shout is "ZOMIGAWD A FURST PURSHON SHOOTAR!" Fallout 3 is an ACTION RPG, NOT A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER! For god sakes you just compared Stalker, a FPS open world with some equipment management, to a GOD DAMN ACTION RPG that just HAPPENS to have guns XD Now if you said you would rather play Fable 2, or something like that, then I would understand, but comparing 2 different genres isn't only unfair, it's retarded.
Nice use of the word retarded... -.- No body will take you seriously unless you clean up your language and remove all emotions from the text
 

WhiteTiger225

New member
Aug 6, 2009
1,039
0
0
GodsOneMistake said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
johnman said:
I tried to slow my pace down and enjoy the wasteland, but I just couldn't. I'm no old fallout fan, the entire game just felt boring to me. I've been spoiled by Stalker's zone I think, which is much more atmospheric and interesting.
I wouldn't call it Atmospheric and interesting... But what I will say is this..

The main reason MOST retards can't like fallout 3 is this... and your post summed it up nicely... When they see guns in an FPS view the first thing every retarded Halo fan will shout is "ZOMIGAWD A FURST PURSHON SHOOTAR!" Fallout 3 is an ACTION RPG, NOT A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER! For god sakes you just compared Stalker, a FPS open world with some equipment management, to a GOD DAMN ACTION RPG that just HAPPENS to have guns XD Now if you said you would rather play Fable 2, or something like that, then I would understand, but comparing 2 different genres isn't only unfair, it's retarded.
Nice use of the word retarded... -.- No body will take you seriously unless you clean up your language and remove all emotions from the text
Yes, because lord knows no one fucking swears on this cunting webserver you call the motherfucking bullshitting internet.... right? :p
 

Booze Zombie

New member
Dec 8, 2007
7,416
0
0
I did not rush through this game, I did not rush through the first two games, I still think the first 2 are immeasurably more complex and enjoyable and even the baser things like gore are better in the first two games.

WhiteTiger225 said:
Yes, because lord knows no one fucking swears on this cunting webserver you call the motherfucking bullshitting internet.... right? :p
Classy response.
 

GodsOneMistake

New member
Jan 31, 2009
2,250
0
0
WhiteTiger225 said:
GodsOneMistake said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
johnman said:
I tried to slow my pace down and enjoy the wasteland, but I just couldn't. I'm no old fallout fan, the entire game just felt boring to me. I've been spoiled by Stalker's zone I think, which is much more atmospheric and interesting.
I wouldn't call it Atmospheric and interesting... But what I will say is this..

The main reason MOST retards can't like fallout 3 is this... and your post summed it up nicely... When they see guns in an FPS view the first thing every retarded Halo fan will shout is "ZOMIGAWD A FURST PURSHON SHOOTAR!" Fallout 3 is an ACTION RPG, NOT A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER! For god sakes you just compared Stalker, a FPS open world with some equipment management, to a GOD DAMN ACTION RPG that just HAPPENS to have guns XD Now if you said you would rather play Fable 2, or something like that, then I would understand, but comparing 2 different genres isn't only unfair, it's retarded.
Nice use of the word retarded... -.- No body will take you seriously unless you clean up your language and remove all emotions from the text
Yes, because lord knows no one fucking swears on this cunting webserver you call the motherfucking bullshitting internet.... right? :p
Not exactly what I meant, If your are trying to make a genuine point, you need to be intelligent about it... Using retard immediately causes you to lose any respect or validity whatsoever. Swearing is fine but, just be intelligent about it.
 

Lordmarkus

New member
Jun 6, 2009
1,384
0
0
I felt that Fallout 3 was a very good game from the start. Though how good it was and how much good things it addedto the universe (Liberty Prime, weapons, HD graphic and character custumization, clothes primarly) I can not count it has a true Fallout game. The lack of a interesting storyline and good dialog is too obvious.
 
Nov 5, 2007
453
0
0
Sparrow Tag said:
Was the ending really needed? Your basically inciting flames between the olde Fallout lovers, and the new ones.
War, war never change.

But yeah, that game is all about the trip, not the destination. This is why I totally loved it. I'm an explorer. I love to just go in one direction and face what ever the world throws in my way.
 

New Troll

New member
Mar 26, 2009
2,985
0
0
WhiteTiger225 said:
johnman said:
I tried to slow my pace down and enjoy the wasteland, but I just couldn't. I'm no old fallout fan, the entire game just felt boring to me. I've been spoiled by Stalker's zone I think, which is much more atmospheric and interesting.
I wouldn't call it Atmospheric and interesting... But what I will say is this..

The main reason MOST retards can't like fallout 3 is this... and your post summed it up nicely... When they see guns in an FPS view the first thing every retarded Halo fan will shout is "ZOMIGAWD A FURST PURSHON SHOOTAR!" Fallout 3 is an ACTION RPG, NOT A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER! For god sakes you just compared Stalker, a FPS open world with some equipment management, to a GOD DAMN ACTION RPG that just HAPPENS to have guns XD Now if you said you would rather play Fable 2, or something like that, then I would understand, but comparing 2 different genres isn't only unfair, it's retarded.
So to sum up your rant, if you would prefer to play a FPS than an RPG, you're a retard?

Hmmm... interesting opinion. Not sure I agree fully, even though I'm an RPGer and prefer only intelligent shooters like Vegas 2 though Borderlands looks very intriguing. My best friend is more into action and FPS than I am and he even plays FO3 in such a fashion, but I don't think he's retarded at all. [small]Don't tell him I said that![/small]
 

Valdsator

New member
May 7, 2009
302
0
0
I rushed through the game until I got stuck in a museum with all broken limbs and no ammo. Luckily, I rented it so it wasn't a waste of money. A couple months later or so, my friend bought Fallout 3. I decided I should give it another try and now I'm planning to buy it on the PC. :p
 

Dogstile

New member
Jan 17, 2009
5,093
0
0
heh, while everyone who didn't like fallout is starting to like it, i'm drifting away from it

its so weird
 

L.B. Jeffries

New member
Nov 29, 2007
2,175
0
0
I dunno, I've done all 3 in the series. I thought it was much better organized and planned out than Part 2. The first one was a bit better balanced in terms of weapons to experience level. Otherwise, Fallout 3 mostly nailed it. As long as you have the DLC the ending gets fixed, so I honestly thought the main story was a pretty decent spin on The Road.

The thing about a Fallout game is that you have to really carefully balance how much of an edge the player gets on the game. Emphasizing the sense of desolation and doom comes from just how ugly a struggle survival can be. My only real complaint about three was that by level 12 I was an unstoppable killing machine with 200 stim packs backing me up. That isn't possible in the other Fallout games, very rarely do you become that powerful. In Part 1 once you got the modified plasma rifle you were pretty deadly, but picking a fight with a pack of super mutants was still a bad idea. In Part 2...it was brutally hard. There were points were you had to do something cruel & evil just to get enough ammo & cash to live. Even the tutorial in that game was pretty tough.
 

similar.squirrel

New member
Mar 28, 2009
6,021
0
0
I still maintain that it would have been better as a solely third-person game..
With decent dialogue.
Buying the GOTY edition despite that, though.
 

Captain Pancake

New member
May 20, 2009
3,453
0
0
Bad idea rushing through the story. I had my most enjoyment with it going to every single location in turn, seeing the game world and what it has to offer. It's a bloody brilliant game.
 

Sean Sands

Optimistic Cynic
Sep 14, 2006
292
0
0
GodsOneMistake said:
Wow I felt that way exactly, The first run through was really bland for me, but I came back to it 6 months later with a different attitude and loved it so much more
Me to. I didn't really understand the beginning, but after a month or two, I picked it up and loved it.
 
Jun 8, 2009
229
0
0
dogstile said:
heh, while everyone who didn't like fallout is starting to like it, i'm drifting away from it

its so weird
Same. Maybe you gotta play more than once to generate a full opinion or something.. Maybe they planned this so everyone will decide to pick up the game again and it will be bought more. It's genius. GENIUS I TELL YOU.