AC: Odyssey Gear Questions

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Ok so I'm currently going through AC:O with my wife, and I am not 100% sure on how the stats of gear works, in particular when it comes to your secondary weapon slots.

So I have Weapon A, and Weapon B, and Bow X equipped in my "assassin" outfit preset. As far as I can tell, all 3 weapons stats apply at all times right? Regardless of whether I'm currently wielding Weapon A or B? So, for example, I am currently hacking someone to bits with Weapon A, the Assassin Damage bonus, and engraving that I have on Weapon B, as well as the same stats on my Bow X are all being factored in right? Specifically for things like the assassin attack that you can use in open combat, that does an insane amount of Assassin damage in a single strike?

As far as I can tell this seems to be the case, but I wasn't entirely sure. The reason why I think it works this way, is that my alternate weapon, has a very distinct, and unique legendary trait to it, that allows you to breath underwater. And I noticed that I don't have to have that weapon actually equipped to gain the benefits of said trait.

Captain Marvelous

Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Yes, that is correct. As long as you have the weapon equipped on to your character you will receive the benefits and drawbacks the weapon provides. This also means the percentage boosts stack with one another. So if you want more melee damage you'd equip three weapons that all boost melee. Likewise for assassin and ranged.