Accept Your Quest. Collect The Fallen. Win an XBOX360 or PS3!

Jim From Accounting

Mar 10, 2010
anANGRYkangaroo said:
manythings said:
TypeSD said:
manythings said:
TypeSD said:
Another US only comp. I don't know why I even bother checking >_>
Foolish hope. Also the knowledge that a spiteful universe will open the one you don't check to europe.
I'm Australian.
Also australia.
Sure, you cant win. But you guys have awesome accents, so its a fair trade :)
yes and no. what is the point of this awesome accent if we cannot tell you how we won something over a headset.

anANGRYkangaroo

May 15, 2011
Jim From Accounting said:
anANGRYkangaroo said:
manythings said:
TypeSD said:
manythings said:
TypeSD said:
Foolish hope. Also the knowledge that a spiteful universe will open the one you don't check to europe.
I'm Australian.
Also australia.
Sure, you cant win. But you guys have awesome accents, so its a fair trade :)
yes and no. what is the point of this awesome accent if we cannot tell you how we won something over a headset.
But now we get to hear you rant like Yahtzee! :D (I know he isnt Australian, but he lives there now and accents do rub off in place you live so dont even argue, mmkay?)

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
blakfayt said:
hurricanejbb said:
ThyNameIsMud said:
Hey guys, you want to track down people with one of these badges and then click it.
I've clicked some of those badges, but never had any of them register. What's the problem there?
yeah, same, I've found like six and I'm getting nothing at all, I've reloaded the score page like three times in the past 30 minutes and I'm still at 0.
Those aren't badges that give you points,the best place to look for badges is on the forum and the leaderboard...As I enter crunch time to make my way up the leaderboard.

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
hurricanejbb said:
I've clicked some of those badges, but never had any of them register. What's the problem there?
You'll need to make sure you're clicking on different people, and might need to give it a minute or two for the results to display :)

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
FUCK! MY EYES ARE BURNING!!!
BURRRNNNNNINNNGGG!!!
DAMN THIS CONTEST!
I'm already on the leaderboard but I wanna stay there,so I just keep looking.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
hurricanejbb said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Ok, I know I've clicked on a whole bunch already, but my score still says zero and you're supposed to instantly get a point right?

I'm so horribly confused.
Same here. Unless the contest doesn't start until tomorrow, but then how did so many people already get points?
That's what I'd like to know, I thought you could only get one point a day within a certain amount of days.

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
Must win xbox. Must have replacement for broken xbox. Must be able to play Skyrim at launch. Must not sleep. Must not leave computer. Above all, must not lose.

Oh god someone shoot me before I spend all week on this and then lose.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
8bitlove2a03 said:
Must win xbox. Must have replacement for broken xbox. Must be able to play Skyrim at launch. Must not sleep. Must not leave computer. Above all, must not lose.

Oh god someone shoot me before I spend all week on this and then lose.
All you need to do is be on the leaderboard,being first doesn't mean you'll win. They will randomly pick the winners off the leaderboard so you just have to stay on the board to have a chance.

Also, MY FUCKING EYES!!! THEY BURNNNNNN!!!!

TG MLPDashie

Apr 9, 2010
TypeSD said:
manythings said:
TypeSD said:
I'm Australian.
ditto my good man... i wish they would acknowledge us as a large crowd in their audience. its just like that 'Vindicus" game...

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
That's what I'd like to know, I thought you could only get one point a day within a certain amount of days.
You'll get one badge a day for those certain amount of days. You'll need to collect members to rank higher on the leaderboard. Hope this clears things up!

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
Alphakirby said:
8bitlove2a03 said:
MY FUCKING EYES!!! THEY BURNNNNNN!!!!
Does your browser do the same thing that mine does, where if you have a lot of tabs open and you try switching to a different one it will be white for a split second, making it look like the screen is flashing every time you switch tabs? That's what's killing my eyes.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
ThyNameIsMud said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
You'll get one badge a day for those certain amount of days. You'll need to collect members to rank higher on the leaderboard. Hope this clears things up!
Ok, that makes much more sense now. But I'm still having trouble with getting points, I've been clicking away but my score still says zero. Am I doing something wrong?

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
8bitlove2a03 said:
Alphakirby said:
8bitlove2a03 said:
MY FUCKING EYES!!! THEY BURNNNNNN!!!!
Does your browser do the same thing that mine does, where if you have a lot of tabs open and you try switching to a different one it will be white for a split second, making it look like the screen is flashing every time you switch tabs? That's what's killing my eyes.
No,but it just hurts my eyes scrolling through badges,and it pisses me off the 90% of them have no fallen in their badge lists. How the hell did you find so many people?

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
8bitlove2a03 said:
Alphakirby said:
How the hell did you find so many people?
I have no life and I am horribly, horribly alone on my computer all day.
Well shit,hope you don't go blind and the best of luck to you.
To think that there used to only be 7 people on the leaderboard.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I saw that the last person on the leaderboard was at 32 fallen, I searched furiously through the forums to catch up to 32, when I checked the leaderboard again, I saw the last person was at 40 fallen.... that's when I gave up and decided to just buy the game and play for the badges.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
You know, I'm kinda impressed by El Shaddai's marketing department. I first saw the demo while browsing the Playstation store a while back. The name caught my attention, because I had just found out what the word "El Shaddai" meant before seeing it, and I knew what (or rather, who) Metatron was.

Playing it, I thought it was going to be an under-the-radar indie-kinda game that would be going for $30, and would appease a little niche audience. Then I started to notice trailers and such. My perspective definitely changed when I saw it here on the Escapist.

Still, I don't know how I feel about the game. Who else here has played the demo? It was... interesting as anything, certainly. The combat worked pretty well, it was linear while still being pretty and didn't feel restrictive, which I think makes a good linear game. Jumping controls... Eeeeeh, urr... Just a tip, whenever platforming, have the Arch equipped, because slow fall is going to be a lot nicer than a forward dash with the controls.

Mostly I just wish I knew what in the dear sweet name of the archangels was going on. I know that being a tease is part of a demo, but I was really hoping to know something about what was going on. I did eventually, but that was from the internet, so it doesn't count.

Plot's interesting. I tried reading a bit of Enoch for reference, and I only got as far to the part where the angels are giving Enoch a little scenic tour of heaven (lots of fire), but I don't expect the game to be too connected, so whatever.

Now, Metatron is the odd part... where does he fit into this? Oh wait, just went to Wikipedia... wicked.

Ignore complaints. If this "Ascention of the Metatron" subtitle means what I now think it does, I want to see this. Most of my complaints are just me being sore because I didn't get to fight the metal kappa thing at the end of the demo.

...Yeah, actually, the hell's with the enemies? I'm not kidding, it looked like a giant, fat metal kappa with iron boxing gloves. Why was I not allowed to hurt that thing?