Ace Attorney 5 DLC Adds a Full New Case

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Ace Attorney 5 DLC Adds a Full New Case

The "Turnabout Return" DLC for Ace Attorney 5 bridges the gap between Ace Attorney 4 and the new game.

Ace Attorney 5 may still be a few months off its western release, but it hit Japan this week and publisher Capcom is eager to detail its plans for future DLC. In Japan, extra costumes are available now, while a "deduction quiz" and a brand new chapter entitled "Turnabout Return" will be available sometime after the game's launch. The good news is they will also be making their way to the western version.

Turnabout Return is a brand new case for the game that bridges the gap with Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Ace Attorney 4), and involves Phoenix's first case after he gets his lawyer's badge back. In the new chapter, Phoenix is hired by a whale trainer who dresses like a pirate, and he'll have to defend her killer whale against a murder charge in court. Price and release date for this DLC will be announced at a later date.

The deduction quiz DLC is set at the Wright Anything Agency office. The prologue to this will be ready and available in the game already, and will be unlocked upon completing the game's first case, while the next three parts will be released on August 1, August 8 and August 15 respectively, for 150 yen each.

The three DLC costumes, which include Phoenix's original suit, a casual outfit for Apollo, and a schoolgirl outfit for Athena, will be free until August 15, after which they will set you back 150 yen.

No date or pricing info for the DLCs western release was provided.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/25/ace-attorney-dual-destinies-dlc-chapter-confirmed-for-the-west/]

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I'm incredibly annoyed by the thought of an entire case being paid DLC. Further fuel for my dislike of Capcom.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
Ghonzor said:
I'm incredibly annoyed by the thought of an entire case being paid DLC. Further fuel for my dislike of Capcom.
I believe that was also Case V of Ace Attorney. Stop complaining and call your next witness.

Steven Bogos said:
a schoolgirl outfit for Athena
gh

*cough*mostfanswantedthatforMaya*cough*

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
RaikuFA said:
Gearhead mk2 said:
How can you put Disc-Locked Content on a digital game?
Easy, you be Capcom. AKA the Japanese EA.
Now now, i don't think it's fair to compare EA and Capcom. They are both their own level of bad.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Spartan448 said:
Ghonzor said:
I believe that was also Case V of Ace Attorney. Stop complaining and call your next witness.

The fifth case of Ace Attorney neither costed money nor was it DLC. To begin with, how would a DS release have DLC?
Rise From the Ashes was a new case added in the DS port of the original GBA game.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
Ghonzor said:
Spartan448 said:
Ghonzor said:

The fifth case of Ace Attorney neither costed money nor was it DLC. To begin with, how would a DS release have DLC?
Rise From the Ashes was a new case added in the DS port of the original GBA game.
I remember a friend saying he had to get the 5th case separately. Was there ever a wiiware release of the game?

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Spartan448 said:
Ghonzor said:
Spartan448 said:
Ghonzor said:

I remember a friend saying he had to get the 5th case separately. Was there ever a wiiware release of the game?
To clarify:

- The Japan-only GBA game had four cases.
- The DS version contained these four cases plus one bonus case.
- The WiiWare version contained the original four cases and had the bonus case as DLC (which was released weeks later but only costed 1 buck).

darkszero

Apr 1, 2010
Considering the game's already released in japan (eShop link [http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/software/agkj/index.html]), announcing a new chapter as DLC is actually nice.