Ace Attorney 6 Announced, Western Release Confirmed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
9,354
0
0
Ace Attorney 6 Announced, Western Release Confirmed


Phoenix Wright's latest adventure has a confirmed western release, though no dates at this time.

Ace Attorney 5 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/ace%20attorney] - and has confirmed that it will get a western release.

According to reputable Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu [http://www.famitsu.com/news/201509/01087025.html], Ace Attorney 6 will include an option for quicker gameplay, and will be worked on by series veterans Takeshi Yamazaki and Motohide Eshiro. That's pretty much all we know for now - the article did not mention any further plot details or release dates, but given by the logo (above) we can safety assume the game will star Phoenix again.

Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies was the latest game released in the series (in the west, at least), and starred Phoenix along with cohorts Apollo Justice and new character Athena Cykes.

Ace Attorney 6 will be at this year's Tokyo Game Show, which The Escapist will be attending, so stay tuned for more news!

Source: Polygon [http://www.famitsu.com/news/201509/01087025.html]

Permalink
 

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
885
0
0
How interesting, I had just finished playing Trials and Tribulations during my recent binge on the series. The timing of this news couldn't have been better, so I'm very excited.
 

Erttheking

Member
Legacy
Apr 23, 2020
10,845
1
3
Country
United States
Well sign me the fuck up! Though I've got the original trilogy and Dual Destiny, I need to get my hands on Apollo Wright ASAP before this comes out.
 

mysecondlife

New member
Feb 24, 2011
2,142
0
0
I guess it doesn't need to be said that its only for 3DS :/
Oh me and my lack of spending money..
erttheking said:
Well sign me the fuck up! Though I've got the original trilogy and Dual Destiny, I need to get my hands on Apollo Wright ASAP before this comes out.
Apollo Justice
 

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
1,183
0
0
Alright, hey, cool! I'm almost done with Professor Layton v. Phoenix Wright, making this is the perfect opportunity to jump back onto Edgeworth's titles as a warm-up and the perfect excuse to buy Dual Destinies.
 

voidraz

New member
Jan 10, 2010
22
0
0
This is the exact same amount of info Capcom gave us about the RE2 remake. "WE DO IT!!"
 

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
1,712
0
0
I was hoping this would happen, it took a very long time for people to get their hands on a finished Edgeworth 2 translation so I'm glad Capcom is doing this themselves. I need to get around to the Professor Layton games so that I can play Layton vs. Attorney before this.
 

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
1,712
0
0
MC1980 said:
So the earliest Great Ace Attorney can come out is 2017, probably never. What a shame. I guess there'll be a fan translation in about five years. Shu Takumi's games are better overall.

We'll see what Dual Destinies 2 is going to be like, hopefully it's not as boring as five was. And hopefully they don't blatantly cut out case 3 and sell it as dlc while cutting case 5 into 2 really short cases that are the same case and call it 4 and 5. Why did nobody lose their shit when Capcom pulled that stunt? (Or, better yet, why did people go "Yay" when they were sold content flagrantly cut from the main game?)

The saddest part is that it was also the best case in the game, chopped out and relegated to be dlc.
Not only that, but that lovely viral belief was created that "guys, we need to buy this and the original trilogy on the 3DS, even if we've already played those, to vote with our dollars and show Capcom that more of these games need to come our way!" I mean, I'm sure it's true that it makes Capcom more likely to go through with it in the future if it's more financially viable, but it was crazy to see people buy games they already owned en masse in the hope that it would get them something new.

Kind of like how a lot of people bought Rayman Legends because it showed that we "deserve" Beyond Good and Evil 2...blech.
 

Bad Player

New member
Jun 21, 2013
64
0
0
MC1980 said:
We'll see what Dual Destinies 2 is going to be like, hopefully it's not as boring as five was. And hopefully they don't blatantly cut out case 3 and sell it as dlc while cutting case 5 into 2 really short cases that are the same case and call it 4 and 5. Why did nobody lose their shit when Capcom pulled that stunt? (Or, better yet, why did people go "Yay" when they were sold content flagrantly cut from the main game?)
There's plenty of people who hated that. The problem is that unless you were looking at spoilers before you bought the game, all you'd see was the "five new cases!" on the box without knowing that it's actually four, and then there's the issue of whether the Capcom bigwigs are going to pay more attention to the people whining online or the dollars in their bank account from the game sales.
 

ccggenius12

New member
Sep 30, 2010
717
0
0
So we aren't getting Investigations 2 then? *sigh*... Apparently it's asking too much for a plot based game series to come out in its entirety, and in order.
 

RaikuFA

New member
Jun 12, 2009
4,370
0
0
DrunkOnEstus said:
MC1980 said:
So the earliest Great Ace Attorney can come out is 2017, probably never. What a shame. I guess there'll be a fan translation in about five years. Shu Takumi's games are better overall.

We'll see what Dual Destinies 2 is going to be like, hopefully it's not as boring as five was. And hopefully they don't blatantly cut out case 3 and sell it as dlc while cutting case 5 into 2 really short cases that are the same case and call it 4 and 5. Why did nobody lose their shit when Capcom pulled that stunt? (Or, better yet, why did people go "Yay" when they were sold content flagrantly cut from the main game?)

The saddest part is that it was also the best case in the game, chopped out and relegated to be dlc.
Not only that, but that lovely viral belief was created that "guys, we need to buy this and the original trilogy on the 3DS, even if we've already played those, to vote with our dollars and show Capcom that more of these games need to come our way!" I mean, I'm sure it's true that it makes Capcom more likely to go through with it in the future if it's more financially viable, but it was crazy to see people buy games they already owned en masse in the hope that it would get them something new.

Kind of like how a lot of people bought Rayman Legends because it showed that we "deserve" Beyond Good and Evil 2...blech.
They did it with AAI2 as well. "If X sells well then AAI2 will come to the States". Square's doing it right now with DQ7&8 for 3DS saying they'll come to the States if the DW spinoff for ps4 sells.