Aches and Pains

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
So, anyone here have a body in rebellion?

My back hates the fact my job requires lumbering cameras around in unhealthy postures to accomplish shots and my feet always swell up after hitting pavement/concrete for more than 7 hours.

Rejoice! We all suffer!

[sub][sub]No back spasms this month soooo far[/sub][/sub]

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
My neck is on-and-off sore.

I've still got occasional ankle pain from several sprains over the years (that I never really let heal because playing soccer is more important than health).

Flashback first!

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
You should see the braces I own...

Good God....so.....many.....fucking.....braces :,(

I have a knee brace and a knee sleeve from when I had tendonitis in my knee. I have an ankle brace from when I sprained my ankle (and crutches, although I had those crutches for being a broken child so I don't know if those count. Tippy is actually a childhood nickname due to my leg issues so there's your fun fact of the day).

About a week ago, my God damn plantar fasciitis in the arch of my foot has decided to come back and play so I bought two new braces for that (one is a "nighttime" brace that keeps it in place and the other just goes under the arch to walk on that is supposed to make it take less stress). Ice and heat all day and poppin IB Profin like it's candy for this guy :(

I also have a couple of wrappable reusable ice packs due to pain in my back, which really have come in handy over the years.

On the plus side, until last week because my body hates me, I haven't really had any issues for the last few years. I've championed these a few times on here but my Physical Therapist was 100% correct; Pilates and Yoga do WONDERS to fix those kind of nagging issues.

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
When I was in my 20s, my neck only got really sore and crinkley in the winter. Now in my mid 30s, it bugs me all the time and I have to visit the chiropractor every couple of weeks when it gets really bad.

Getting old sucks.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Not really..
I'm nearing 35 but feel like I'm still in my early 20's. Not as much energy as a teen but plenty to go around still.
I can (and do) drink copious amounts of coca-cola and eat candy and sweets everyday like I was 15 and have been doing it for 15 years. No weight-gain or diabetes..yet. I use snus, a smoke & chew-less tobacco (also since 15). I don't drink alcohol.

The only slight hindrance I encounter is that I can't enjoy nuts anymore. Not after I had all my teeth pulled.
Could probably fix that with implants but..well..Not a fan of dentists really..Surprise!
I also have this, I'd guess you can call it a "twinge", just below my right ribs.
I've done an ultrasound and an x-ray (possibly MRi), but they couldn't find anything.
Might just be some muscle soreness related to how I sit at the computer though.
It comes and goes.

There are some possible mental issues. Depression, self-esteem, etc.
Don't really like shrinks either so..

TL;DR: None'o y'all's business!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
If you're having back problem, mainly near the pelvis/ end of the spine, I suggest you check out this video
https://www.facebook.com/thebackcareclinic/videos/1158680054154141/?hc_ref=ARQjBDFlALvnsbcBpm5OzsVjkRRCDWFo9ka3P9lwa7TUK8_sV_E2UC_d9QAdjvh6VcQ

Sorry there is Youtube version.

I used to have backpain in that region from work (retail as in lifting heavy stock) and back posture like just sitting on the chair on the pc all day until I watched that video. If you are able to follow that excercise, the pain will go away. Greanted you're not invincible as the usual heavy lifting still make my back sore but nowhere near as painful as it was in the past.
I can't garauntee it will work for you as I had show that video to a friend which worked at first and also I warm you about doing it for the first time! I almost pulled a muscule when I try it first time!

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
If you're having back problem, mainly near the pelvis/ end of the spine, I suggest you check out this video
https://www.facebook.com/thebackcareclinic/videos/1158680054154141/?hc_ref=ARQjBDFlALvnsbcBpm5OzsVjkRRCDWFo9ka3P9lwa7TUK8_sV_E2UC_d9QAdjvh6VcQ

Sorry there is Youtube version.

I used to have backpain in that region from work (retail as in lifting heavy stock) and back posture like just sitting on the chair on the pc all day until I watched that video. If you are able to follow that excercise, the pain will go away. Greanted you're not invincible as the usual heavy lifting still make my back sore but nowhere near as painful as it was in the past.
I can't garauntee it will work for you as I had show that video to a friend which worked at first and also I warm you about doing it for the first time! I almost pulled a muscule when I try it first time!
...huh...that actually sounds like a pretty good idea. I might have to give that a try as it looks like a pretty basic full body stretch and then the "revolved abdomen" pose from yoga.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
It's less of a problem these days, but I had on-and-off issues with shin splints when I was a lot newer to running/general exercise.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
It hasn't happened in awhile, but I used to get pains in my shoulder because about 10 years ago I decided to be an idiot and use an office chair as a foot stool to put a heavy bin up on a high shelf. Suffice it to say that didn't go well.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I drive for work, about 40 hours a week.

Leg and feet pain are an occasional nuisance. That and some blood flow issues I managed to acquire thanks to a benign, surface level clot.

Mostly the pedal foot. Area on the bottom, right behind the toes.

It's relatively rare, but reduces me to a bout of hobbling when it strikes.

This does suck though...not one health problem until my mid 20s and now it's just thing after thing after thing. Hell, even lost my appendix recently...and my hair is thinning.

Aging blows. I'd like to re-up for the early 20s.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
My back hurts often (nearly went through it last year), and alot. As does my right hip on occasion.

Former is my own fault, because I tried to correct my spine without professional help. The latter might be tied with something that runs in the family.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008

The Empire does not suffer rebellions. All rebel scum shall be put down like the dogs that they are. Long live the body of Jack, jumping around with exaggerated behavior and wild antics at a moment's notice! WITNESS THE POWER OF THIS FULLY-ARMED AND OPERATIONAL LUNATIC!!!

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Vendor-Lazarus said:
I can (and do) drink copious amounts of coca-cola and eat candy and sweets everyday like I was 15 and have been doing it for 15 years.
I had all my teeth pulled.
Just a hunch, but I think these lines might be related.

OT: Nothing severe. Carpal tunnel is a bit of a ***** sometimes, but I've managed to keep my wrist nimble for the time being.

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
No chronic pains yet, nearing 35. Work keeps me active, and the wife makes me eat right, so I guess that helps.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I get some pain in my lower back about two or three times a week while at work. I suspect it's a combination of standing and slightly turning my back back and forth all day.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I injured my knees in high school doing track, then re-aggravated the injury in my left knee a few years later, and instead of letting it heal I decided it would be a good idea to go to the gym since it was arm and shoulder day rather than leg day and I figured it wouldn't hurt. Problem is even if I'm just doing arms and shoulders, lifting the weight still puts extra stress on the knees just from standing with the extra weight. Doing shoulder shrugs with 160 pounds of weight in my hands ended up aggravating the injured knee even worse. At that point I decided to just rest my knee for a few days but it was too late, the damage was done. I ended up limping for bit under a month and had to wear a knee brace for a while. Still end up getting pain in that knee every once in a while for no reason.

Apr 17, 2009
I had too many growth spurts too close together during that whole puberty thing, and the stretching has left a lot of my joints not really fitting together properly. My shoulders are the worse for it, and will get dragged out even further simply by the weight of my arms. If I'm not moving them than I have to keep my arms rested on something, or keep my hands in pockets, just something to get a bit of support so all the sinews around my shoulders don't start straining to keep things held together too much.
Also have to try and keep a bit elevated during sleep too, because if I rest on a shoulder too much then it slips out of place and loses circulation, so I wake up in the middle of the night with pins and needles up a whole arm. Or worse, the shift in position and balance from one shoulder unlocking somehow causes the other shoulder to unlock and I wake up with pins and needles up both arms. Those nights are particularly annoying...