Act Fast, Get a Mew in Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
i remember the changes mew put me trough as a young lad. (sigh) i searched everywhere for the little buggers in red and blue and i was convinced that i could catch the little bastard by using surf just outside in the bay that the Saint Anne was in looking and looking by that truck that was on the dock. (it was a website that told me this along with the missing no. glitch.) I loved mew and even had the ancient mew card. I'm happy it's returned, but alas i have not owned a pokemon game in 7 years and have not played one in 3. I won't buy one either until the 3ds comes out. Mew it seems you have slipped through my fingers once again.

GOSH DAMN YOU MOBY D....um..i mean... MEW!!!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Got my Japanese one and can't wait for this one. 2 Mews with no cheating! HA!

Wake me when they send over Deoxys and Darkrai

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Honestly can anyone help me here? I never had a chance to check if my DS could connect to Wi-Fi through my wireless router when an event was taking place, so does anyone know whether I can do it or not.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
ShakerSilver said:
Undead Dragon King said:
ShakerSilver said:
YES! YYEEESSS!!!!

Finally! But, wait.... how does the Wi-Fi connection option work? Can I connect from my wireless router at home, or do I need to get something or go somewhere for this to work?
They usually have hot-spots at places like Gamestop.
As much as I'd like to go to GameStop, I live in Lebanon. Y'know, in the Middle East. So I'll be going by the European event times and requirements.
D:
Is there anyone you could mail your card to? I could imagine sending a DS game through a standard envelope wouldn't be so bad on shipping. Do you just need WiFi, or does it have to be Wifi in a specific part of the world?

Tomtitan

Jun 7, 2010
"If you own Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver, enjoy playing them, and don't take this opportunity to download a Mew in the comfort of your own home, there's something really, really wrong with you."

Or my home's Wi-Fi's compatibility with Nintendo software! *sobs*

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Is this limited to the US or can us European's get it as well? If so I am off down the bar to nab their Wi-Fi!

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Irridium said:
SCORE!

Oh wait, I can't do that, since the DS doesn't support WPA connections.

Can we connect from anywhere? Like the Pizza-Hut and still be able to download this?
yes, as long as you can connect to the wireless, you can get it :D

ranger19

Nov 19, 2008
Wow this Mew news is huge. The only way I've ever been able to get a Mew (since I never used gameshark or the like) was that glitch in RBY where you have to not fight a certain trainer and come back to him later. Anyone else remember that?

Undead Dragon King said:
Back when I was young and stupid, I got the mail-order addition Mew to my Red version when Mew first appeared. I really didn't know what I had. So I traded it to my friend for his Bulbasaur.

THIS IS MY CHANCE AT REDEMPTION!
:O That's terrible! But I never heard of this mail-order mew. Did you have to physically mail your red/blue cart away?

Jack and Calumon said:
Right, I am SOOOOOOOO Getting this and if anyone deletes my saved data I will strangle them until they turn pink. Then I'll put a tail on them and make them my mew.

Calumon: Wow, Mew is kinda pretty. =^_^=

*backs away slowly*

hey, your icon vaguely reminds me of mew.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Cool. I don't think they've given away Mew since that time at Toys R Us with the GBA games. I have one of those, but hey, I can't say no to another Mew.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
That means I can get Mew on everything!

After the glitch I got two Mews in RBY, but to be honest I'm not getting HG/SS right now, so I'll pass.

Ashkierka

Oct 12, 2010
FINALLY!

Mew is one of the few Pokemon that has escaped my grasp. As a grown woman I probably shouldn't be this excited, but I don't care, I'm a child at heart! (And Mew is just too cute lol)

Jack and Calumon said:
Right, I am SOOOOOOOO Getting this and if anyone deletes my saved data I will strangle them until they turn pink. Then I'll put a tail on them and make them my mew.

Calumon: Wow, Mew is kinda pretty. =^_^=
Rofl, that just made my day.

Apr 28, 2008
Azaraxzealot said:
Irridium said:
SCORE!

Oh wait, I can't do that, since the DS doesn't support WPA connections.

Can we connect from anywhere? Like the Pizza-Hut and still be able to download this?
yes, as long as you can connect to the wireless, you can get it :D
Well then. It appears I'll finally get a legit Mew!

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I have/had(since Red came out, first month) a first generation Mew so am therefore a superior being of god like status.

Kneel Mortals... KNEEL...

And oh well don't have HeartGold or SoulSilver. D: Ohzwells.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Sweet. I caught Mew legitimately in Pokémon Blue, and Red, several times. I sent the shiny one to my Gold version, and a handful of non-shiny Mew. I've never had an event Mew before, though. Welcome to the club, traded-in-from-Nintendo Mew.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Charli said:
I have/had(since Red came out, first month) a first generation Mew so am therefore a superior being of god like status.
Was it shiny? Cause one of my dozen first generation Mew is shiny! :D

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Chamale said:
Charli said:
Was it shiny? Cause one of my dozen first generation Mew is shiny! :D
Y'know I never traded it across to a gold/silver/crystal file to find out. Maybe :eek:

My best/first/only shiny was a Larvitar I found In Crystal. I think I cried tears of Happy when I found it.