Action Figures Reimagine Star Wars as a Western

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Action Figures Reimagine Star Wars as a Western

In the wild west, Star Wars characters become blacksmiths, bartenders, and corrupt sheriffs.

One of the most popular projects for artists these days is to reimagine Star Wars in a different setting. Thankfully, it doesn't really get old. From Steampunk Star Wars action figures [http://www.sillof.com/C-SW-western.htm], comes a look at the property as if it were a western.

C-3PO becomes Clarence Peppero, a talkative bartender that's quick to dive behind the bar when trouble gets near. R2-D2 becomes Ransen "Rusty" D. Dalton, the cantankerous town blacksmith.

[gallery=140]

Luke is basically the same guy, but he carries a six-shooter and wears a cowboy hat. The sword-wielding "Old" Bennet Kennelly was driven into hiding when his deputy turned on him. That deputy was probably Akan "Death" Vardas, a corrupt sheriff that works for evil railroad tycoons.

Han Solo is Hank "Solo" Solomon, a quick draw bandit that spends his days with Chewing Bear, a Native American that wears bear pelts. And it just wouldn't be the wild west without a bounty hunter, whose place is taken by Bob A. Ford.

Sillof created the line based on the idea that the original Star Wars trilogy takes a lot of inspiration from the wild west. These figures bring the characters back to their western roots. His entire website [http://www.sillof.com/index.htm] is definitely worth checking out, if you haven't already absorbed its goodness, and he told us that his upcoming figure lines are some of the best he's ever done. I can't wait.

Source: io9 [http://www.sillof.com/C-SW-western.htm]

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
I'm not really sure about the rest of them, but I really like Boba Fett's design.

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
Yeah, I was going to say: wasn't Star Wars essentially a western in space in the first place? But these figures are damn cool. I've never bought many figures as an adult, but these may be purchase-worthy......

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
Yeah, I was going to say: wasn't Star Wars essentially a western in space in the first place? But these figures are damn cool. I've never bought many figures as an adult, but these may be purchase-worthy......

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
monstersquad said:
I always saw it as more of a fantasy story in space.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
I like the stormtrooper, but kenobi seems more like dooku, what with the curved sword.
Thats exactly what I was thinking (about Obi-Wan) - he was the only one I couldn't easily identify. Plus he's wearing black, which immediately put me in mind of a Sith rather than a Jedi. Otherwise, I like the concept. Those designs are pretty cool.

Tales of Golden Sun

Dec 18, 2008
When is the endless star wars re-imagining going to end? I mean, the movies weren't that great.
The action figures are well made, but I just don't see why it has to be star wars EVERY ******* TIME.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Tales of Golden Sun said:
When is the endless star wars re-imagining going to end? I mean, the movies weren't that great.
The action figures are well made, but I just don't see why it has to be star wars EVERY ******* TIME.
don't antagonize fanboys. they can be very.... twitchy.

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
Tales of Golden Sun said:
Totally agree with you