Activision CEO Says He Would Raise Prices Even Higher

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Amnestic said:
Dyp100 said:
FUCK NO FUCK NO, FUCKING HELL NO!

Why the hell does the UK have to take all the fucking shit from the video game market!? WHY?

Do people think it's fair to be bullying us? Fucking hell...I'm pissed off, it's just gonna get worst, I knew it.
We are getting the better special edition of Assassin's Creed 2, if that's any consolation.
And the better version of forza 3 and section 8, among other games.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
He can keep his overpriced game and build a nice fort with it, because I'm not spending crap on a guy with his head rammed so far up his ass he's chewing on his own diaphragm.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Well if gamers boycott CoD:MW2 and they get crappy sales, this guy'll probably get a ton of flack and then they'll drop prices back down (And maybe offer some crazy deals to re-earn consumer trust). Ofcourse, MW2 is so highly anticipated they can probably get away with charging extra, and it'll probably lead to other companies following suit.

Not that I would ever advocate piracy on these forums, but if the gaming world did another Spore and pirated the hell out of it in protest I imagine they would back down like Spores company did with the DRM.

Tymathee

Mar 25, 2009
Looks like Activision is the new Evil gaming company, huzzah now you can stop ripping on EA lol

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
xmetatr0nx said:
You mean CEOs and marketing executives really dont give a shit about people? How is that news? Its a business and its run as so, what speaks to them is profits and deadlines.
The point is that a viable business-plan to succeed in the long-term needs to be not only consumer friendly but also needs to retain at least some semblence (even if it is a facade) of respect for their customers and potential customers.

Now mind you, I have absolutely no problem with him yelling at Sony to lower prices (I think the current price of games and consoles is ridiculous right now given the economy). What I do have a problem with is so caught up with "making money" that they fail to realize their greed is going to outlast the consumer spendng capability. Many of these companies, including Nintendo and Squaresoft, are continually gouging their customers... although they DO try at times to nice-it-up a bit and put on a pleasent face. But really, even Square said they outright just wanna make money and to hell with their customers.

After all, Square knows its customers are thick-headed peons who will lap up anything with their brand on it, especially if it has the words "Final Fantasy" included somewhere on the box.. whether its on the cover or listed in the content on the back (ala Kingdom Hearts). They don't care about us, and Nintendo certainly isn't an exception with how they're lowering their standards and slutting up characters like Samus.

But I do have to say that he's being refreshingly honest with us.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Oh fuckarse he raised the prices in New Zealand as well..

I thought we were safe! But it caught up to us :(

Damn you Bobby..

-Joe

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
ActualOvaltine said:
Bobby Kotick is Cobra Commander, trying to make the Joes pay top dollar for his games. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
I should kill you for that..

but i loved the fucking movie so much

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Lately everything Activision does annoys me in some way, especially if I ever make the mistake of visiting their shoddy excuse for a tech-support page (and a pox on Google for not turning up any useful results when Activision dropped the ball). For all the bad press they get, EA doesn't provoke anything like the loathing that Activision does right now.

Crazyshak48

Mar 3, 2008
suhlEap said:
i realise this would never EVER happen, but the only way for people to do anything about this would be to boycott the games put out by him in the near future. especially modern warfare 2. but saying that, i know it's too much to ask for from the die hard fans.
Maybe, maybe not. Many older hardcore fans will be most inclined to not buy it since a) we don't like being treated like "a wallet mounted on the back of an entranced magpie" (to steal a phrase) and b) we typically have to pay for our own games, so I'd say we're less inclined to spend our money when we know we're being fleeced. Unfortunately, it's the twitchy, narcoleptic, prepubescent 12 year olds who badger their parents to buy the thing for them who will likely ruin any chance of an effective boycott (unless their parents too balk at the price, but that seems less likely to me, for some reason).

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
The man is clearly Tony Blair's long lost brother.

Never mind the greedy backstabbing lieing bit, he's even got the same smile!
Now that you mention it they do look a like :p Anyway if I ever see this man I will probably stab him. I'm just that kind of a dick.

At least he gets attention. All PR is good PR. Damn you evil man!

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
Crazyshak48 said:
suhlEap said:
i realise this would never EVER happen, but the only way for people to do anything about this would be to boycott the games put out by him in the near future. especially modern warfare 2. but saying that, i know it's too much to ask for from the die hard fans.
Maybe, maybe not. Many older hardcore fans will be most inclined to not buy it since a) we don't like being treated like "a wallet mounted on the back of an entranced magpie" (to steal a phrase) and b) we typically have to pay for our own games, so I'd say we're less inclined to spend our money when we know we're being fleeced. Unfortunately, it's the twitchy, narcoleptic, prepubescent 12 year olds who badger their parents to buy the thing for them who will likely ruin any chance of an effective boycott (unless their parents too balk at the price, but that seems less likely to me, for some reason).
I'd say anyone below 21... or let's be nice, 18, are complete consumer-whore these days. They will release less content, raise prises and make you pay to play online on PC through Windows Live or whatever within 5 years. I have no hope for this new generation of gamers/nerds. They also don't care in the least about mods and modders! Mods basically turned gaming into what it is today. Even in MW2 there are stuff that modders made! Activ/IW didn't even give them credit for their work.

But occasionally there are those rare little buggers that spring up from the masses and gives me brief glimpse at hope I must admit.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
We in Sweden have to pay about 700kr (90-100$) for any game, and we have had that "privilege" since the new generation consoles first came out. You could all use a little raise in money, so that there will be no differences.