Activision Confirms Black Ops 2: Revolution DLC

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Activision Confirms Black Ops 2: Revolution DLC

It's time for the first official look at the Revolution DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

The rumors first came to light a few days ago [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121300-Black-Ops-2-Revolution-DLC-Unofficially-Revealed], but now it's official and it turns out that most of what we heard was correct. Revolution, the first DLC release for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, will contain four new multiplayer maps, an original zombies map and a new weapon, the "Peacemaker" SMG.

"Downhill," the first of the four multiplayer maps, is set on the ski slopes of the French Alps, complete with a lodge and gondola system, while "Hydro" goes down on a hydroelectric dam in Pakistan. "Mirage" features both long-range and close-quarters combat in a destroyed resort in the "sandstorm-devastated Gobi Desert" - echoes of Spec Ops: The Lines, perhaps? - while "Grind" wraps things up among the ramps and half-pipes of a massive skate part in Venice Beach.

The zombie action happens in China, amongst the collapsed skyscrapers of a destroyed city in a map called "Die Rise." Perhaps the most interesting feature is the addition of the new "Turned" game mode that finally gives players a taste of how the other side lives by letting them play as zombies.

Black Ops 2: Revolution comes out on January 29 for the Xbox 360 and will cost 1200 Microsoft points, and is also included in the Black Ops 2 DLC Season Pass. Release dates for other platforms have not yet been announced.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Not going to lie... It sounds awesome. Really want to try out that new mode and zombie map. Plus the actual MP maps look fun as well.

The Critic

Apr 3, 2010
It does sound rather interesting, especially the new zombies content.

Also, I think that they referred in the video to the new weapon as the "Peacekeeper" not as the "Peacemaker". Actually, speaking of the new weapon, they barely talked about it, and didn't even mention how players are supposed to get it. Is it unlocked free right out of the gate?

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
The maps look interesting, zombies is meh since I don't really play it,but I guess playing as a zombie could be fun. However, I refuse on a moral level to pay 1200 MS points for four maps and a zombie map. Have they always been this much?

Borderlands 2 had actual story based DLC for 800 points. But I guess people pay for this rip-off DLC every year, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
so....

Versus mode from left 4 dead.

a rifle.

and a couple maps.

Why do people pay money (estimated 12.50$) for this, again?
To play it? I know shocking that people actually buy the DLC to play it. To enchance the game they already have. If someone needs to sit down because this is very hard to understand they may.

More so since someone like me who likes CoD Zombies a lot more then L4D which sometimes feels less like a zombie game and just fighting humans who run very fast.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
I read up to "Gondolas" and immediately stopped as visions of snipping in one from 007: Nightfire ran through my brain. Not the best game but some of my favorite memories of completely owning my roommate.

OT: Zombies? Again? Really?!

jackinmydaniels

Jul 12, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised with BLOPS 2, I quite enjoyed it despite not liking COD much. I might pick this up eventually.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Korten12 said:
Ultratwinkie said:
so....

a rifle.

and a couple maps.

To play it? I know shocking that people actually buy the DLC to play it. To enchance the game they already have. If someone needs to sit down because this is very hard to understand they may.

More so since someone like me who likes CoD Zombies a lot more then L4D which sometimes feels less like a zombie game and just fighting humans who run very fast.
I actually agree with you on this one since I have played L4D 1+2 and all the Nazi zombies and still prefer Nazi zombies more and I still need to go out and grab Blops 2 because I just love to play with friends vs the undead.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
Korten12 said:
Ultratwinkie said:
so....

a rifle.

and a couple maps.

yes, but isn't 12.50$ pushing it? For a single mode, a gun, and a couple maps? Some even say its 15$ for 1200 points.

I kinda doubt its worth it.
Oh I agree that $15 (yeah it's not 12.50, it's $15, but I am using US currency so...) is really expensive. However, if the players are willing to and if they get bang for their buck then it is all good. I got the Shangri-La DLC for Blops 1 and spent a good 30+ hours on that Zombie map justifying it's cost.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Ultratwinkie said:
so....

a rifle.

and a couple maps.

Its worth it. Imagine it adds another 24-48 hours to your mp time and it becomes a good value.

OT I'm scared about the peacekeeper , smg/assault rifle, I hope its not OP and i'm curious if non dlc players can use it or if it will remain in dlc only playlist.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Ultratwinkie said:
so....

a rifle.

and a couple maps.

The Zombiemaps for BO1 were always high-quality featuring lots of interesting ideas (Moon, anyone?), weapons (some exclusive to their respective maps, like the Scavenger Sniper Rifle, other may re-appeared in later ones, like the Gersch Device) and TONS of new voice-acting (even generic lines usually get replaced with new ones just for these new maps), also a new song minimum per map. (Enough at the end of BO to justify an entire soundtrack)
So, while it might be expensive if you're interested ONLY in the Zombie-map (like me), it's still quite worth it. Even it is really a kick in the teeth to have to play 14? for one map (Rezurrection was 5 maps plus soundtrack for the same price, which is more fair). I wouldn't mind paying up to 5? if I could buy the zombiemap stand-alone...

redknightalex said:
OT: Zombies? Again? Really?!
You're acting as if that would be anything new for Treyarch. Let's get through all their DLCs, shall we?
WaW
Start with "Nacht der Toten"
Mappack 1 - added Zombiemap 'Verrückt' to it
Mappack 2 - added Zombiemap 'Shi No Numa' to it
Mappack 3 - added Zombiemap 'Der Riese' to it

Black Ops
Started with 'Kino der Untoten' and 'Five' (also 'Dead Ops Arcade', but that isn't related to the zombie-canon).
First Strike - added Zombiemap 'Ascention'
Escalation - added Zombiemap 'Call of the Dead'
Annihilation - added Zombiemap 'Shangri-La'
Rezurrection - added Zombiemaps 'Nacht der Toten', 'Verrückt', 'Shi No Numa', 'Der Riese' and 'Moon' (plus full soundtrack) - owners of the Hardened or Prestige Edition got the WaW-Maps from launch and the rest on release for free.

Black Ops 2
Started with 'Green Run'
Various editions and the Season Pass - added 'Nuketown'

So, it is basically standard for Treyarch to add at least one Zombie-map to their DLCs. Besides, it was very obvious considering that 'Green Run' not only had a Cliffhanger, but Maxis mentions that at the end of its story, what you did 'is going to help'.