Activision Confirms New Call of Duty for 2013

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
So are we going to be asked to shoot Russians under flimsy pretenses or shoot various flavors of brown people under flimsier pretenses? Also is there any where I can lay bets on the over/under for the number of acts that would count as war crimes that the game will ask the player to commit?

Jhooud

Someone's Dad
Nov 29, 2011
Okay, so we did WW2 and beat the poor thing into submission. Now we've done current/near future conflict and beaten that into submission. What's next? Earlier conflicts? We could shoot the armies of Napoleon! No one could get upset about that. Except maybe the French...but I digress. How about further into the future? Remember Battlefield 2142? That was actually pretty cool, but faded pretty quickly.

So, what's next?

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
THIS JUST IN: Water confirmed to be wet by nation's top scientists. Back to you Tom.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
I'd be more surprised if they didn't announce one. Now that would be a real shocker!
And I think he mixed up "innovation" and "stagnation" because that is literally all that COD is doing

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
You guys need to stop hating on the developers. If I was in charge of the CoD franchise I would do EXACTLY what they are doing i.e. save resources, save costs, re-hash as much stuff as possible and sit on my growing money pile. You can't seriously tell me you wouldn't do the same thing if you were in their shoes...screw morals/ethics, screw hindering the progression of gaming, screw innovation, you are making BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. JUST DO IT. (You're not exactly being Hitler).

Also nobody gets Eric's innovation comment, he said "set the bar for innovation" because at this point he is TESTING to see how much bullshit he can get away with saying to the fanbase. Think about it, no matter what he says or what the company does, as long as they release a box with Call of Duty written on it and market the crap out of it...people are going to buy it up. The devs might as well troll the consumers right in their faces while doing it (they won't even notice), I know I would.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Gameslayer_93 said:
CardinalPiggles said:
If it's Modern Warfare 4, then count me out. MW3 was the biggest disappointment I've bought since Final Fantasy 13.
see your problem there was expecting a decent game :p
Nooooo shit.

Whatever you might think, I enjoyed MW2 a great deal. In fact the only game from the series I didn't like leading up to MW3 was World at War, so I had high hopes.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Please go back to a WW2 game, hate these MW games, they are so boring.I still want a WW2 game with a small amount of free roaming levels so you can take whatever route you want through building and gardens etc etc clearing out houses of germans one by one. This is what EA should do with Medal of Honour.......set it in WW2 and not compete with CoD on MW games.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
"The Call of Duty franchise continues to set the bar for innovation and we expect the new Call of Duty game in development for 2013 to raise that bar even higher" - Eric Hirshberg

Innovation?

Why the hell do the keep announcing Call of Duty games anyway? They get released faster than Batman villains!

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
I'm interested in seeing what this 'bar of innovation', that they speak of, looks like.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I'm actually quite shocked by this, I mean its only been a few months since the last Call of Duty, yet theyve found the creative and innovative genius to make another one so soon?!

Its almost like they've done this kind of thing a few times before.

Maybe this new "innovation" will be to actually fix the lag and piss poor hit detection. THough I suspect thats just primarilly a Treyarch trait.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Will the innovation be shooting white people? Oh, I guess they did that with the Nazis back-in-the-day. What about shooting...yourself! The next CoD game will be an advanced, highly realistic mirror shooting simulator. Just think of the awards they will win for such an artistic and striking commentary on mans inhumanity towards man. Plus there will probably be a scene where you shoot a small, feminine and slightly different coloured mirror, bringing rage and controversy to the interwebs around whether or not the game is being racist, sexist and infanticidal all at once.

Wait up, that sounds like too much plot. Better make a generic shooter instead. Hold the colour palette.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Totally called it... oh who cares a hermit living in a cave for twenty years could've called this.

"There is increased volatility this year due to the ongoing console transition, which makes predicting the future more challenging than during normal years in the cycle. For Call of Duty, consistent with our past practices, we are planning for the mainline release in Q4 to be down versus 2012," Activision CFO Dennis Durkin added
You know Dennis saying, "we're releasing COD again but with a bigger number on the end, same time same place," would have been quicker to say. Just saying.

Jaeger_CDN

Aug 9, 2010
Terramax said:
I'm interested in seeing what this 'bar of innovation', that they speak of, looks like.
They'll probably send James Cameron down to find it.

Bobby will milk this franchise for all it's worth like they did with the Guitar hero. If it's still twitching .. milk it some more

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
Innovation? Really? They know damn well that that's not why fans buy the game.
Eh, buying it anyway.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Yeah this is as unexpected as the sun rising this morning. As for my opinion

<youtube=ussCHoQttyQ>

sums it up fairly well.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Now now, the Call of Duty series is very innovative! Innovative in the field of stagnation, mind you, but let's not split hairs.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
I'm confused. You claim this to be news at yet, I see none. unless the news is this guy making the joke about CoD being innovative in anyway.

Aaron Sylvester said:
You guys need to stop hating on the developers. If I was in charge of the CoD franchise I would do EXACTLY what they are doing i.e. save resources, save costs, re-hash as much stuff as possible and sit on my growing money pile. You can't seriously tell me you wouldn't do the same thing if you were in their shoes...screw morals/ethics, screw hindering the progression of gaming, screw innovation, you are making BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. JUST DO IT. (You're not exactly being Hitler).
True, I probably would do the same thing in that position, doesn't mean I won't mock them merciless for it :D

course if I was in that position, I'd probably experiment more then they do to