Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
TheRealCJ said:
Awexsome said:
TheRealCJ said:
HentMas said:
TheRealCJ said:
So... if all of that is free for everybody, why are they calling it part of the Elite pack? Surely it should just be included with standard multiplayer.

After all, I don't like the idea of forking out money for "Elite" features, only to find out that half of them are free anyway.
ok, let me explain it nice and slow, and please READ everything that is written people

you have an XBOX? yeah, i´m sure you do, and with it comes an XBL account, a silver account, that lets you chat with your friends, now, if you want to play online, you need an XBL GOLD account dont you? hehe, its completelly optional of course

you have a PS? then you are familiar with PSN, and how there is a service called PSN+ that you pay for, but is completelly optional?

remember bungie? you can play Halo 3 as much as you want, but if you want your stats taken into account you HAVE to get into "BUNGIE.NET" and create an account, now if you want more space to make videos, maps and all that cool stuff you upload, let us call it "BUNGIE.NET +" you know what? lets call it "BUNGIE.NET GOLD" because its in the XBOX it will cost you 5 bucks a year, but you dont have to pay it if you dont care about space

REMEMBER ELITE!? yeah, its the same as bungie.net, except you CAN pay for more features that we will call "ELITE +", ok, "ELITE GOLD" hell "ELITE THE CHARGED CONTENT,UNLIKE THE OTHER ONE WE DO CHARGE YOU IN HERE, NOT THE OTHER ONE THOUGHT"

now you understand!?!?
Buzzz. Wrong. I have neither. PC exclusive gamer here. And since I don't play MMOs, all my online experiences are free through Steam.

Also, please, please stop with the bloody caps lock. All its doing is making you look like you have no reasonable argument.
Well that's just your PC gamer elitist side talking because that is exactly what is happening.

I'll wait and see how Elite ends up with what they charge for and what's free but until it's coming across to me like what Bungie.net does along with the Bungie Pro service that lets people have the massive file share space and upload HD videos and the like on Bungie Pro. But still we'll have to see what falls into the "Pro" service part on CoD Elite before I go praising it because I love using B.net

Feel free to continue hating on CoD though since you obviously will never stop no matter what they do.
Oh, right. Sorry. I keep forgetting that because I'm a PC-Exclusive gamer, I'm automatically an elitist who wants nothing more than the downfall of all console gaming.

I also forgot that if I don't like the money-grabbing concept of exclusive multiplayer content, I'm automatically a hardcore hater of the unreleased game. Silly me.

How dare I express my opinion in a public forum. I guess I should just go back to my basement and build rigs designed to exclusively play Crysis while crying and touching myself to criticism of games I don't like. I just get so much sexual pleasure from hating things.
All you're doing is jumping to conclusions and already flaunting how the PC is better.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Awexsome said:
TheRealCJ said:
Awexsome said:
TheRealCJ said:
HentMas said:
TheRealCJ said:
So... if all of that is free for everybody, why are they calling it part of the Elite pack? Surely it should just be included with standard multiplayer.

After all, I don't like the idea of forking out money for "Elite" features, only to find out that half of them are free anyway.
ok, let me explain it nice and slow, and please READ everything that is written people

you have an XBOX? yeah, i´m sure you do, and with it comes an XBL account, a silver account, that lets you chat with your friends, now, if you want to play online, you need an XBL GOLD account dont you? hehe, its completelly optional of course

you have a PS? then you are familiar with PSN, and how there is a service called PSN+ that you pay for, but is completelly optional?

remember bungie? you can play Halo 3 as much as you want, but if you want your stats taken into account you HAVE to get into "BUNGIE.NET" and create an account, now if you want more space to make videos, maps and all that cool stuff you upload, let us call it "BUNGIE.NET +" you know what? lets call it "BUNGIE.NET GOLD" because its in the XBOX it will cost you 5 bucks a year, but you dont have to pay it if you dont care about space

REMEMBER ELITE!? yeah, its the same as bungie.net, except you CAN pay for more features that we will call "ELITE +", ok, "ELITE GOLD" hell "ELITE THE CHARGED CONTENT,UNLIKE THE OTHER ONE WE DO CHARGE YOU IN HERE, NOT THE OTHER ONE THOUGHT"

now you understand!?!?
Buzzz. Wrong. I have neither. PC exclusive gamer here. And since I don't play MMOs, all my online experiences are free through Steam.

Also, please, please stop with the bloody caps lock. All its doing is making you look like you have no reasonable argument.
Well that's just your PC gamer elitist side talking because that is exactly what is happening.

I'll wait and see how Elite ends up with what they charge for and what's free but until it's coming across to me like what Bungie.net does along with the Bungie Pro service that lets people have the massive file share space and upload HD videos and the like on Bungie Pro. But still we'll have to see what falls into the "Pro" service part on CoD Elite before I go praising it because I love using B.net

Feel free to continue hating on CoD though since you obviously will never stop no matter what they do.
Oh, right. Sorry. I keep forgetting that because I'm a PC-Exclusive gamer, I'm automatically an elitist who wants nothing more than the downfall of all console gaming.

I also forgot that if I don't like the money-grabbing concept of exclusive multiplayer content, I'm automatically a hardcore hater of the unreleased game. Silly me.

How dare I express my opinion in a public forum. I guess I should just go back to my basement and build rigs designed to exclusively play Crysis while crying and touching myself to criticism of games I don't like. I just get so much sexual pleasure from hating things.
All you're doing is jumping to conclusions and already flaunting how the PC is better.
Uh... care to explain how?

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
TheRealCJ said:
Nope. Never played Halo 2. I only played the first one to see what the duss was about. Didn't much care for it.

And if there is going to be multiple tiers within "Elite", why the hell are they calling the free aspects Elite too? Why not just call the parts you DO have to pay for "Elite"? Oh wait, I know, it's called "wiggle room". T

"well, those previously free features WERE called Elite, so now that you have to pay for them in Call of Duty 7 or whatever, you can't really say that we were giving those features to you consequence free".

Go ahead and call me whatever you want, it can't be any more insulting and annoying to read --->THAN THIS!!!<---
for the "tiers" within "Elite" i can tell you that they haven't even said anything specific about the paid aspects for the service, so why would they name it if there is nothing to market in the first place? we don´t know what they are doing with the paid service because it hasn´t being announced, the free service is in Beta

everything else, is just imagination on part of everyone else, the rumors and almost everything coming out of the news outlets are to catch the attention of the people that, like you, hate Activision, but this is the first time i see an announcement to the public regarding the specifics of the service

yeah yeah, i might have gone over the top to make the point that people were missing the word "Free" in the news

and when they start charging for the service in "Call of Duty 7" feel free to call me on this statement, but it would be an incredibly stupid move on part of Activision to charge for a service everyone else is giving for free, something they haven´t done before, yes its a company, yes their goal is to make money, yes they had done things that can be considered "dickish" but i have yet to see them make a business mistake as big as that one

other than that, i think we ran out of things to discuss... are you conservative or liberal? (kidding, kidding)

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
HentMas said:
TheRealCJ said:
Nope. Never played Halo 2. I only played the first one to see what the duss was about. Didn't much care for it.

And if there is going to be multiple tiers within "Elite", why the hell are they calling the free aspects Elite too? Why not just call the parts you DO have to pay for "Elite"? Oh wait, I know, it's called "wiggle room". T

"well, those previously free features WERE called Elite, so now that you have to pay for them in Call of Duty 7 or whatever, you can't really say that we were giving those features to you consequence free".

Go ahead and call me whatever you want, it can't be any more insulting and annoying to read --->THAN THIS!!!<---
for the "tiers" within "Elite" i can tell you that they haven't even said anything specific about the paid aspects for the service, so why would they name it if there is nothing to market in the first place? we don´t know what they are doing with the paid service because it hasn´t being announced, the free service is in Beta

everything else, is just imagination on part of everyone else, the rumors and almost everything coming out of the news outlets are to catch the attention of the people that, like you, hate Activision, but this is the first time i see an announcement to the public regarding the specifics of the service

yeah yeah, i might have gone over the top to make the point that people were missing the word "Free" in the news

and when they start charging for the service in "Call of Duty 7" feel free to call me on this statement, but it would be an incredibly stupid move on part of Activision to charge for a service everyone else is giving for free, something they haven´t done before, yes its a company, yes their goal is to make money, yes they had done things that can be considered "dickish" but i have yet to see them make a business mistake as big as that one

other than that, i think we ran out of things to discuss... are you conservative or liberal? (kidding, kidding)
HentMas said:
TheRealCJ said:

There you go again. I never said I hates activison. I never once mentioned activison or anything related to the company. Only what I can see within the confines of MW3, and what it might mean in the future.

My biggest problem is: why have tiers at all? Okay, if paid "Elite" results in private-use servers, or free game updates for the life of the subscriptions, then yes, I could at least understand. Constant maintenance requires money, fair enough. That's why Microsoft charges for Xbox Live. But I game with a PC. I ALREADY have private servers I can run or join, I dont record my games to put on youtube, and persistent scores can go hang.

It may seem fairly innocuous now, but I guarantee that it will result in no short time the same way that "free to play" internet games like Runescape ended up; anyone who doesn't pay for Elite will be severely limited in their interactions with those that do pay, or even at a downright disadvantage. It's starting to happen with WoW, and it's already happened with MW2, with players without the map packs being barred from servers that use them. I never bought the map packs, because I only play multiplayer very occasionally. All my friends did though, and now it's a shitfight to find a game server we can play in together.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
I see no reason to pay for this service; many of its features I could use for free from other sources. I can't see myself using it free or fee anyway because I don't feel the CoD games are really worth £40 nowadays; maybe I'll borrow future games for a play-through of the campaign, nothing more and when there is some form of paid service for that, then something has gone seriously wrong...

tzimize said:
Uff...goddamn E-sports...I remember when a game was about the fun...not a bunch of stupid numbers. Focus on the fun dammit!
This. I feel its especially notable in CoD; BlOps took things way too far in my opinion.

hawkeye52

Jul 17, 2009
Do you know what i find funny. Is the fact that all Xbox players will have to pay Xbox live gold service. Then CoD elite and then the inevitible tax of Microsoft allowing you to use Xbox live for third party software i.e. CoD elite. So people on Xbox are about to incur 3 different costs instead of the one on PC and PS3

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
TheRealCJ said:
My biggest problem is: why have tiers at all? Okay, if paid "Elite" results in private-use servers, or free game updates for the life of the subscriptions, then yes, I could at least understand. Constant maintenance requires money, fair enough. That's why Microsoft charges for Xbox Live. But I game with a PC. I ALREADY have private servers I can run or join, I dont record my games to put on youtube, and persistent scores can go hang
OH! but we dont even know what is going to come when the paid aspects of the program are actually released, they can range from access to exclusive only tournaments for real life prizes, to having your avatar be the spitting immage of Samuel .L Jackson all the way to the voice

i mean you are acting like you have a chip on your shoulder for something that hasn´t even being announced, the only logical explanation is that you "hate/dislike/" something about the guy that is putting it out there.

Feb 13, 2008
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.232663-Kotick-Itching-to-Sell-Cutscenes-As-Films

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.203461-Kotick-Wants-Call-of-Duty-Subscriptions-Tomorrow

Oh and

[HEADING=1]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.246868-Activision-Adamant-it-Will-Never-Charge-for-Call-of-Duty-Multiplayer[/HEADING]

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
I'm just going to say, some of you guys can't read clearly. It says the leaderboards/parties are free. You're paying to enter tournaments and leagues cost money. Presumably because you can actually make money on them.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
Official tournaments and leagues? Without dedicated servers?

You must be shitting me.

TheMan2203

Sep 14, 2010
Sooooo is this like Halo waypoint or summit cos i kinda like waypoint, it's a fun little thing and id kinda like it for cod :)

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
not sure what the problem is COD could do with a services like this, personally I don't think it is going far enough, the multiplayer really should be a seperate paid mmo style service with the boxed products being standalone single player games.

getting monthly subscription money all year long, along side the 20 million christmas sale seem to be best for both the company and player base, the single player team can make a more detailed game without having to redo the multiplayer, the online team can pump out dedicated updates when they are done instead of in a single lump like a yearly release cycle.

As players if we don't care for multi the single player is better and for online heads you don't need to wait for content and more permenant unlocks

Partezan

Apr 15, 2009
I feel like Acti is taking gaming into a "Fitness First" type of practice, it's enough to put me off their games completely no matter how good other people they pay make them. Plenty of games out without all the bull crap attached to it