Activision Launches Undead Black Ops Teaser

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009

Activision has officially announced the zombie mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops, along with a strange teaser website.

The new zombie mode coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Black-Ops-Xbox-360/dp/B003JVKHEQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285781258&sr=8-1] was officially announced by Activision and Treyarch today, accompanied by a recent major change in a teaser website that has associated it with the mode. Treyarch admittedly called zombies in Black Ops one of its "worst-kept secrets."

The zombie mode will once again feature four-player co-op, just as in previously revealed [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-World-War-Playstation-3/dp/B001AWBYNE/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285781265&sr=8-1], four World at War zombie maps are confirmed to be in the hardened and prestige editions of Black Ops.

Further, the tomfoolery related to a mysterious GKNOVA6.com [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99738-Someone-Sent-Us-a-Mysterious-Package]" was also recently revealed to be related to Black Ops' zombie mode. The site, tied to Black Ops in the past, now shows nine screens playing footage of zombie soldiers wandering about in various locations and causing mischief. The scene appears to take place in a facility where zombies have taken over, as a zombie wanders into the background and pounds on a glass barrier trying to get in.

Now that the zombie mode is finally out of the way, Treyarch has also made it known that Black Ops's Combat Training mode [http://www.callofduty.com/intel/360?path=intel/360] will support from one to six players in co-op. Combat Training is a bit different from the zombie mode, as it's meant for players to practice their multiplayer skills and learn maps with the incorporation of AI-driven opponents. It appears to be an attempt to make multiplayer friendly to new players, but it'll probably just make 12-year-olds even more deadly.

So if you like playing with friends, there'll still be plenty of opportunity to do so in Black Ops against both undead and live computer-generated opponents. It's assumed that Black Ops will still provide the ability to go up against real humans when it's released on November 9, 2010.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Go go Zombie Mode! Thats what I want to see more of! Nothing like blasting the undead!

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
That brief piano song they have on the website is freaking awesome.

I don't generally like Call of Duty, but Nazi Zombies was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll have to pick this up if some of my friends do.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
Tom Goldman said:

Now that the zombie mode is finally out of the way, Treyarch has also made it known that Black Ops's Combat Training mode [http://www.callofduty.com/intel/360?path=intel/360] will support from one to six players in co-op. Combat Training is a bit different from the zombie mode, as it's meant for players to practice their multiplayer skills and learn maps with the incorporation of AI-driven opponents. It appears to be an attempt to make multiplayer friendly to new players, but it'll probably just make 12-year-olds even more deadly.

So if you like playing with friends, there'll still be plenty of opportunity to do so in Black Ops against both undead and live computer-generated opponents. It's assumed that Black Ops will still provide the ability to go up against real humans when it's released on November 9, 2010.

EPIC! This is what always thought COD needed, AI players and more Zombies. Actually legitimately looking forward to this now!

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
it's looking better and better for black ops...

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Well, zombies are now officialy No. 2 on my list of 'Things I Can't Stand'. No more zombies, okay. Just stop.

BritishWeather

Mar 22, 2010
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. In my own opinion Nazi Zombies is loads more fun than L4D and some of the mods are amazing, anyhow two questions;

1. Will the original Nazi Zombies be graphically upgraded?

2. Is that a out-of-control burning helicopter I see?

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Further, the tomfoolery related to a mysterious GKNOVA6.com [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99738-Someone-Sent-Us-a-Mysterious-Package]" was also recently revealed to be related to Black Ops' zombie mode. The site, tied to Black Ops in the past, now shows nine screens playing footage of zombie soldiers wandering about in various locations and causing mischief. The scene appears to take place in a facility where zombies have taken over, as a zombie wanders into the background and pounds on a glass barrier trying to get in.
I remember that!

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
For.I.Am.Mad said:
Well, zombies are now officialy No. 2 on my list of 'Things I Can't Stand'. No more zombies, okay. Just stop.
Everybody likes zombies. Expect those that don't. Still, you only also need to wait until after the World War Z movie has been and gone. Oh, and that tv adap of The Walking Dead. Then maybe you'll be shot of zombies for a while. Maybe. :)

Personally, I never owned World at War, so really know very little about this "COD zombies" lark. Will be looking forward to giving it a try though.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
Glad to hear. I really want to know how they expanded on the mode this time. It could be the best thing since L4D.

(The video gives me shivers)

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!

This is the only reason im buying Black ops.

Seriously.

Misterkillsall

Jun 7, 2010
I can't help but click on the link to the teaser website and NOT get creeped out by that lone zombie pounding the hell out of the plexiglass window.
>shivers<

...still though, it looks like its going to be an incredible game.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
BOTS?
Wow nice. It's good to see big games bringing Bots back.
GoW2 did it too.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
That is litera;;y the only good thing about waorld at war, and well, its just to similar to firefight.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
That is litera;;y the only good thing about waorld at war, and well, its just to similar to firefight.
It came out before Firefight did, you know. If anything, firefight is like the COD zombie mode.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
IamQ said:
imnotparanoid said:
It came out before Firefight did, you know. If anything, firefight is like the COD zombie mode.
I know, I just prefer it.