Activision: New Sledgehammer Call of Duty Will Broaden Audience

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Tzekelkan said:
MW2 sold better than chocolate eggs on the eve of Easter, how could it get any more popular? Oh no, I think I know what they're naming it...

Call of Twilight: Modern Farmville?
I think you nailed it.
The game will be released on Facebook and iPhone/iPad as well.

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
I actually hope they do like a horror kind of stuck behind enemy lines kinda thing for this game. I think that it would be a pretty cool premise

Beefjerky

Sep 9, 2008
Furburt said:
Broaden audience?

Read: Dumb it down, remove anything good or interesting about it, exploit it to the ground, rip people off, and generally treat loyal customers like dirt. Mark my words.
Wait. They already did that with Modern Warfare 2...

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Furburt said:
Broaden audience?

Read: Dumb it down, remove anything good or interesting about it, exploit it to the ground, rip people off, and generally treat loyal customers like dirt. Mark my words.

I mean, they literally can't reach any larger audience without pandering to those who don't play games. That means removing anything difficult, challenging or morally ambiguous about the game.
Exactly.

How can you broaden a franchise that so far has reached out to every fucking male and at least a third of all the females in the universe.

So when it releases it will be an ordinary FPS with little sidequests called Farmville 2.0 to draw in the 2/3 of the rest female population. And when that happen, remeber that i fucking called it.

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
Broaden audience? Is that even possible with this franchise? I can see why West and Zampella were talking to EA (Lets face it, they were) and were ready to jump ship. I don't understand why Activision doesn't see it's impending doom, this isn't a sports game, it's an FPS.

It seems to me that Call of Duty is now a 60$ prostitute and Activision is her pimp daddy, and all the developers gets a turn with her.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Tzekelkan said:
MW2 sold better than chocolate eggs on the eve of Easter, how could it get any more popular? Oh no, I think I know what they're naming it...

Call of Twilight: Modern Farmville?
Aw, you beat me to it...

How to broaden the appeal even more: release it for every platform known to man (consoles, PC, Macs, i-anything, browser games, etch-a-sketch, etc), and include all those characters from TV that people like these days (Jack Bauer vs House, the Twilight twats, every anime character ever designed, etc), and give out free candy with every purchase. Oh, and insert an automatic racist/homophobic/stupid quote generator for those twitchy 13 year old xbox live-tards.

Broad enough? Meh, could use some God of War-esque bosses, and maybe some WoW-esque addictive crap. Maybe add a leveling system to it, and mounts! And tits (I mean the Dante's Inferno and all...)! Oh, wouldn't that be great?

In all seriousness, CoD6:MW2 has about as broad of an appeal as possible, and the quality reflects that. Widening the appeal makes money, but it reduces the result to mundane crap that we have all seen somewhere else, only better. If Sledgehammer want to go through with it, good for them, but don't expect any money from me...

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
Broaden, in this case, apparently means, and I quote, "extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre".

So, an action-adventure Call of Duty...

Could one of you please explain to me how that will work out? Or how it will even work?

jultub

Jan 18, 2010
Furburt said:
Beefjerky said:
Furburt said:
Broaden audience?

Wait. They already did that with Modern Warfare 2...
Trust me, MW2's going to look like fucking Dragon Age compared to how watered down the new one is going to be.
I do not wish to see this, especially since I consider Dragon Age watered down :p

I didn't start playing the franchise until MW2, and that's where I stopped as well. It'll be a dark age of gaming before I decide to play something like what this will be.

Dudemeister

Feb 24, 2008
MW2 was the most successful entertainment product in history wasn't it?
How could they possible appeal to a wider audience?
I've got it.

Coming soon to a Wii near you, Call of Duty: Lifestyle Edition.
Now you too can be as fit as an SAS commando. Ever wonder how Captain Price keeps that moustache so trimmed?
Wonder no more!

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Dudemeister said:
Coming soon to a Wii near you, Call of Duty: Lifestyle Edition.
Now you too can be as fit as an SAS commando. Ever wonder how Captain Price keeps that moustache so trimmed?
Wonder no more!
Gaaaah! *Runs away in fear*

MetalMonkey74 said:
to be read: Activision is turning Call of Duty into farmville.

Housewives and grannies will want to play it
[HEADING=2]Call of Duty: Granny Warfare[/HEADING]
Yeah, I can pretty much visualize that.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Broaden the audience? Really?

Bobby Kotick, if you do anything to ruin Call of Duty, it's war.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
so they are gonna make it so you can play the game with the Guitar Hero peripherals arent they!? i knew this day would come!! >.<