Activision: We're Still the Same Fun Bunch of Guys

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
I believe you ... look now we have something in common ... Im a liar.

how did it come to this why they need new leadership probably wont fix anything though STOP EATING OTHER COMPANIES.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
Is this their PR stunt now a days? Get all the employess to come out and say your nice?

What's next? Is your coffee man going to come out and tell people you actually favor tea?

slycooper20

Dec 28, 2008
TheFPSisDead said:
gigastar said:
Your first task to redemption: Get rid of Kotick.

EDIT: your first task to redemption, stop making CoD games.
Or at least slow down on them. I'd be perfectly fine with it if they would cut CoD games down to 2 or 3 year release cycles.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
Activision are steadily circling the drain for me, which I gather is Mother Theresa style mercy in comparison to the rest of teh webs but meh. I'll stay above the hate for now and wait until the release and my subsequent playing of Modern Warfare 3, solely because I finally get a game where my fellow Brits are the good guys and I have to finish the story now because I hate leaving things undone.* The multiplayer will just be the same shit with different toys as always so the continued adventures of Captain Price and Gamings Most Glorious Mustache is the only slight glimmer I see on Activision's horizon.

I'm giving you a chance Kotick and Co. A chance no one else is willing to give you, give me a satisfying ending for these characters I've grown so attached to despite all the odds. Pull it off and I'll happily put aside your past sins and praise your name but fuck it up and I swear I will destroy everything you've ever loved before your very eyes.

Unrelated to the topic at hand but another example of this trait of mine are the Harry Potter books. God damn by the 5th book I wanted him dead but after going through so much of the story I had to see the conclusion.

LordSphinx

Apr 14, 2009
They change the business mission statement from "Make great games that sell" to "Be the most lucrative entertainment business in the world". How is THAT not changing? They removed any kind of commitment to quality in their products in their official business goals. Nice...

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Activsion if you want to change your image stop pushing staff out in front of the public to tell us you are not evil.But instead start showing us your not evil.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
This is kinda worrying...

Kotick is so hated that he needs people from within to stand up for him?

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Dr. Paine said:
THE GOGGLES! THEY DO NOTHING!

but seriously, HOLY HELL?!?! WHAT DID THEY DO TO SPYRO? i was but a tiny child when i played one of those games, i barely played it at all, i only remember wanting it but never being able to have it. it was one of my first videogame memories after freddy the fucking fish and pajama sam.

;;chokes up a bit;;

you have a HELL of a lot to answer for Activision. and while the preceding paragraph was half a joke, and you will probably dismiss it as nostalgia getting in the way of the "new cool thing!", it really isnt. i showed my younger brother this picture, he has absolutely no interest in ever playing that game, ever. and he is only a couple years younger than I (so he is a tween basically, but not quite, and will be a teen in a few mere months). this is really one of a line of fuck ups you really should fix.

if you fix your problems, and your atrocities, you will gain popularity. with your technical skills, there is only one thing popularity could possibly mean, MORE MONEY!

but to regain your popularity there are a number of things you must do. the very first of which is to Fire Robert Kotik and hire a more capable executive, like say Karl C Johnson (google him, he is the second result, but not on images, that is his father)

another thing, let call of duty and spyro and all these other franchises take a break, let them go away, let people begin to miss them while you create a much better one, and that takes a hell of a lot longer than a year let me tell you.

for the microtransactions on wow, lower the prices. seriously, i have seriously considered moving my character or re-making one. if you lower the prices, people will do it more and so more money will flow in.

and one last thing, fix any delusions about what you have become. you have changed. we all do. you must accept that. and you must channel that change into something good, not the monster it has become whilst you try to hide it in a closet with a glass door.

Grond Strong

Mar 16, 2011
This guy is head of developer relations. He's PAID to sweet talk and smooth over on the surface to the erm... weak minded. The people pulling the strings are the ones paying him and they ARE smooth but whether they are sweet is another thing altogether. When cooperations get this big everything becomes about profit because there are too many people involved to go big on risk. Unfortunately, the biggest cooperation also means they have the latest and newest EVERYTHING to make the best-looking games which is the thing that seems to please most of the casual gaming population. The risk-taking, smaller operations and companies are then left to be creative with the scrap of an audience they have left.

Big company= Profit-focused, Low-Risk/High Success Percentage, Lack of Creativity
Smaller Enterprise= More Diverse, Creative, High-Risk Novel Games, Original

I can't say that I wouldn't do the same if I was a big figure in Activision right now. The amount of money that is on the line with each release they come out with is mind-boggling. I start to sweat just thinking about it. If there is one rule of business it's do more with less. It all comes down to one's personal goals. Are you in this for creativity? Or is this all one big opportunity for a paycheck that will last you three lifetimes? I think we can see what path Activision has chosen, and who's to say that they're wrong?

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Quazimofo said:
They made him into a whore.

No, really, there's just no other way to describe the money-grubbing gimicking they're using for the Skylanders game.

... I guess this makes Moneybags a case of sad irony now?

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Dr. Paine said:
Uhm... Spyro is Ubisoft...

*reads the wiki*

Wait, Activision bought them?!

Seriously?!

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Gindil said:
Dr. Paine said:
Uhm... Spyro is Ubisoft...

*reads the wiki*

Wait, Activision bought them?!

Seriously?!
Sadly. I was really hoping for a continuation of the Legend series, maybe they'd bring back Gnasty or some of the original worlds, and continue with those lovely ending songs. But noooooo, Spyro's now... well, see my comment a couple posts ago.

paketep

Jul 14, 2008
Yadda yadda yadda.

This constant trying from Activision to clean their deservedly tarnished image is getting tiring.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
HankMan said:
"We're not a bad company, we just do bad things"
"Now I want you to listen to me closely. You're not a bad company. You're a very good company, who happens to do bad things"

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
maybe its just me, but i've never had as much of a problem with activision as i have had with EA.

Upbeat Zombie

Jun 29, 2010
I don't doubt that the people themselves in Activision are just normal fun loving people, but as a company you guys make some unpopular decisions, like closing down studios, to milking franchises till their fan's are sick of them.

Really tho it's a little late to start worrying about PR now.

Nov 12, 2010
Eh,business is business.I support Activision just for the fact that Blizzard chained itself to the corps.I think we may be a little quick to judge since we are not him unless you work under him,but hey,Business is business