Activision: Wii Exclusive GoldenEye 007 Is a Great Opportunity

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Ironically, Goldeneye is getting released around the same time as two other notable Wii shooters, Conduit 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops. They shouldn't have any problems with C2, but Black Ops could split sales, although they're both published by Activision, so they probably won't care which one sells more anyway.

Lost In The Void said:
I hope there's 4 player splitscreen like the original, only way I'll consider getting this
That was confirmed from the very beginning, along with online multiplayer. Also, you can choose to use the Classic Controller/Pro if you don't want to use the Wiimote.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Rawker said:
Matt_LRR said:
Oh! OH! Holy shit! they're specifically including a classic controller mode for people that don't like the wiimote!? +1 purchase of this game. Good on ya, activision!

-m
I feel as though they've come to the conclusion "Hey, although we've made decent first person shooters with the wiimote, they're often forgettable. Let's just say screw the wacky-workout factor on this one and make a standard fps."
If only nintendo themselves would take the same cue.

-m

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
They better not screw this up. I'm looking forward to it, but as Yahtzee says, it's better to expect a game to suck then be pleasantly surprised when it turns out to be good.

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
Nivag the Owl said:
As much as I loved the original and would love to see a remake, I think we could wait at least another generation for it to happen. In fact, I think I'm going to say something I've never said before and hope to never say again. This belongs on the PS3 or 360. Ouch. That genuinely hurt me inside. My reason for this is the only real benefit I can see in a remake is the higher quality graphics.
you needn't look any further. Here.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
I'm just not seeing it. It looks like a play on nostalgia that won't really be much like the original. Now, if it was more like Rare's recent release of Perfect Dark on XBLA, I would be interested, but this just doesn't look great to me.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Jonny49 said:
Eh...as much as I want a Goldeneye remake, I don't think Activision are going the right way. Will this even resemble the game we used to play?

My biggest fear is it being too much like Call of Duty or any other modern shooter. 2 weapons max, regenerating health, aiming down the sight constantly. That's not Goldeneye.
I hear that, but why would they screw with those elements for no good reason? And why would you ever need to ADS with Wiimoth controls? Sadly, as stupid as these changes sound to me, I can easily see them doing it.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
This is going to be one of those games that a lot of people buy, they'll play it for a bit and then realize that the nostalgia was just that.

This game has not aged well.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
Dexter111 said:
Is it just me, or does every single Activision spokesperson sound like a giant douce...

He wants to "tap into the nostalgy of fans/their fond memories", who is he the dream stealer?

And whats with all the number and "opportunity" talk? xD
Its not just you. I was stuck on the part where he said a remake was unique.

Also, I can't stand Daniel Craig

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
...An option to use the classic controller on the wii...

FINALLY, thank you guys sheesh. I'm tired of having the motion controls forced in every game.

Only problem is the guys from Free Radical made Goldeneye awesome, soooo who's making this one?

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Dexter111 said:
Is it just me, or does every single Activision spokesperson sound like a giant douce...

He wants to "tap into the nostalgy of fans/their fond memories", who is he the dream stealer?

And whats with all the number and "opportunity" talk? xD
The Dream Stealer sounds like an awesome antagonist for a videogame, ironically.

My lack of interest in this title is defeaning.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
I'm not sold. I am huge Goldeneye fan. It is my favourite shooter.
The PD remake was great because it was literally just a graphics upgrade on a more powerful console that could handle its framerate issues. But it was the same game on the same engine.

I won't knock it until it comes out but if the game just winds up being a COD ripoff with regenerating health, two gun max limits, a jump button, and other unnecessary junk that wasn't needed in the original, then I'd be weary.

Goldeneye was a game that was good on both the SP and MP modes. If the single player campaigns aren't mission and objective based with time based achievements then they are seriously missing the point of the original game. If the MP mode doesn't have local splitscreen (cough cough looking at you Conduit) then they may as well shoot themselves in the foot now).

Also I don't know about this "Making it more Daniel Craig like" claim. Does that mean there's a run button and platforming and hand to hand combat? Because honestly, no thanks.

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
Irridium said:
Score.

I really hope it has 4-player split screen. If it does I will go pre-order it.
I really REALLY remember someone saying that there was at some point during E3 at somepoint on G4.

In the mean time, I'm a bit excited about it, Wiis are the first system I can actually play shooters on because I can get a steady, accurate aim (using my arm as a 'tripod' if you will), I can do it on the PS3, but I always have a lag between seeing and moving. And if Golden Eye's as good as people say, I can finally be good.

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
I just hope they have Gamecube Controller compatibility as well, Classic Controller is just way too tiny

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
Brain_Cleanser said:
Irridium said:
Score.

I really hope it has 4-player split screen. If it does I will go pre-order it.
I really REALLY remember someone saying that there was at some point during E3 at somepoint on G4.

In the mean time, I'm a bit excited about it, Wiis are the first system I can actually play shooters on because I can get a steady, accurate aim (using my arm as a 'tripod' if you will), I can do it on the PS3, but I always have a lag between seeing and moving. And if Golden Eye's as good as people say, I can finally be good.
It's already been proven, just visit their site....

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
darthzew said:
I'm just not seeing it. It looks like a play on nostalgia that won't really be much like the original. Now, if it was more like Rare's recent release of Perfect Dark on XBLA, I would be interested, but this just doesn't look great to me.
you said it best and nicer than I. Im still rather furious over this being an updated wiimake for Nintendo's console and not a graphical facelift for PS3 or Xbox360(my only current gen console) like Perfect Dark got.

O'Doylerules

Jun 14, 2010
I actually still used to play the goldeneye on an N64 emulator on my computer with a 360 controller, and i'm pretty disappointed that I won't be able to play the new version on 360 with controls that are actually configured for that controller. If this remake actually turns out to be any good I hope that they actually wise up and at least make it available as an arcade version on xbox live.