Activision: Wii Exclusive GoldenEye 007 Is a Great Opportunity

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Activision whoring, Wii Exclusive, remake, Danial Craig.
Crap crap crap crap.

That Danial Craig thing is the last straw (sorta...really just means Im gonna ***** more)
Id say he is the worst Bond, but thats like saying Twilight is a crappy vampire movie (they are not vampires, just called so)
Goldeneye was Pierce Brosnan (an amazing "Modern Bond"), why ruin everything with "Daniel Craig's portrayal of James Bond" (ie intentionally not being Bond cause its supposed to be cool?)
Ugh...
Whatever, I will still play the good N64 version it seems.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
are they putting in daniel craig instead of pierce because of a licensing issue with Rare?

anyways, I hope they have all the same levels and designs (suitably upgraded of course) with some extra missions added on for good measure. I can see this doing well for online/splitscreen duels once again, but nowhere near the levels of the original.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
Matt_LRR said:
Rawker said:
Matt_LRR said:
Oh! OH! Holy shit! they're specifically including a classic controller mode for people that don't like the wiimote!? +1 purchase of this game. Good on ya, activision!

-m
I feel as though they've come to the conclusion "Hey, although we've made decent first person shooters with the wiimote, they're often forgettable. Let's just say screw the wacky-workout factor on this one and make a standard fps."
If only nintendo themselves would take the same cue.

-m
The sad thing is that the wiimote has potential in a shooter environment. Too bad it tends to not work quite as well.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Classic pro controller = Mouse and Keyboard.

IMO the Wiimote for Metroid Prime 3 was fucking amazing.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
I have some problems with this whole remake. Firstly, I would not tout making a shooter specifically for the Wii. The Conduit showed us what a massive disappointment that can make for.

Secondly, "Pass said that he thought it might be the Wii Remote and Nunchuk that were putting people off playing first person shooters on the Wii..." No, no, I'm pretty sure it's the unresponsive controls and horrible hit detection. I mean, it could be the Wii that's putting people off the Wii, but my vote is the software. I really hope Pass knows what he's doing.

I don't mean to troll and I don't mean to sound sour, but I'm skeptical when it comes to Wii shooters.
Also, raise your hand if you played Nightfire for the Gamecube. It carried the same feel with it, so I imagine that's in line for a remake.

ADeskofRichMahogany

Jan 4, 2010
Huh. Don't know whether I'm looking forward to this remake or not.

For me, the appeal of the N64 Goldeneye lies in the mechanics of the game, not so much in the game itself. Take out the arguably outdated mechanics of Goldeneye and insert Activision standards and you're left with Call of Duty - James Bond Edition. Now featuring boss fights! And no cheats! And no "007" difficulty (now THAT was a fun difficulty)!

At the same time, I would be very impressed if Activision and Nintendo could get a competent first-person shooter out for the Wii. I mean, Rare and Nintendo practically pioneered the field of console shooters, so this remake would equate to the statement "Hey! Look how far we've come since 1997!"