Activison just killed my childhood.

Aug 25, 2009
I'm going to make a blanket statement that I usually make when these threads occur.

If your childhood was utterly dependent on a tv show or game to be a good experience, and that good experience of the game from your childhood can be destroyed by a remake of the game years later, then you must have had a nightarish hell of a childhood.

I had a lovely childhood, with a sister who I was close with and parents that loved me. My gaming, my tv watching, my films were all a big part of growing up for me, but I didn't have to rely on them for feelings of closeness and feeling like I was having a 'good' time.

Even if they were to remake Final Fantasy VII as a Cooking Mama kitchen simulator with Sephiroth reduced to a mean farmer who won't let you have the ingredients to make Holy Pie to stop the Meteor oven from overloading, I wouldn't care because my childhood is not dependent on old games remaining old and fat and impotent.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
LobsterFeng said:
I pretend that this series doesn't exist after the first few games.
I've been doing that as well. Although, oddly enough, once you get used to the control scheme and stuff, the GBA ones aren't bad.
FurinKazanNZ said:
shit I love the first two games, havent really played the others, thankfully. Yeah damn he looks terrible there
The third one is great as well. After that, pretend they don't exist.
Crash as well. He totally doesn't have installments on any console except Playstation...
But anyway, good lord Spyro looks hideous.

IamSARAhearMYgrr

Apr 24, 2009
I agree. I was so excited to play Spyro on the Wii then I was informed that the Spyro I knew and loved turned into blech. Just pure blech.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
activision ruined your childhood by changing the artstyle of one of their games?

You don't hear me crying that they ruined my life by making CoD suck do you? CoD2 is still awesome. same goes for age of empires. yeah, the third one wasn't as good as the second, but that doesn't mean I'm going to cry in a corner complaining about how my childhood is ruined...

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Yup, welcome to adulthood, where you'll constantly see your favorite characters morphed and destroyed for the rest of your days.

I shudder to see the inevitable remake of Avatar: TLA in 20 or more years time. D:

ELD3RGoD

Apr 23, 2010
I'm pretty sure Crash is property of Naughty Dog? Or did they sell the IP to Activision?

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
ELD3RGoD said:
I'm pretty sure Crash is property of Naughty Dog? Or did they sell the IP to Activision?
Activision own Crash Bandicoot too, I think. Radical Entertainment were going to make a new Crash Bandicoot game but Activision cancelled it. The only thing we knew about it was from a bunch of concept art and some unfinished animation videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dx-o5kkEPI

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Ah yes, somehow they got the idea it now hasto be Spyro of War, because obviously that sells.
So from there on in I wear my ignorance hat and I never saw the new ones.

ManWithHat

Apr 1, 2011
tomtom94 said:
As for why, well, it begins with "m" and rhymes with "honey"...
Mahogany? Well, it IS a good wood...

OP: yeah, I never really played beyond the first game. And I was happy!

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
I had a look on the site and it's not Spyro's transformation into a weird Gremlin that saddens me. It's that he's being used as a shitty action figure tie in so the game will hopefully sell to kids.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Spyro is dead, the company who made his games make Ratchet and Clank, and have had ties with the Jack and Daxster creators.