Actor Mark Ruffalo Says Marvel Now Considering Hulk Standalone Movie

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
I'm up for this. Ruffalo is a fantastic Bruce/Hulk and he deserves a shot at a full-length Hulk film. We just need a good director.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Planet Hulk. Character is at the best when he's portrayed as a somewhat intelligent character. It'd need more back story before it happened, but would be great.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Count me in as another that love Edward Norton's version of hulk more. I know it's improbably that we'll see him again as the hulk but here's to hoping.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
erbkaiser said:
I may be in the minority here, but I liked the Edward Norton Hulk movie. A pseudo-sequel to both it and the Avengers could be good, even with Ruffalo replacing Norton.
Banner being finally able to control the anger somewhat has great potential.
I'll admit to being in that minority as well. Granted I think there was some messed up things in the way Norton was handled, but hey Ruffalo works for me too. I'd definitely pay to see another Hulk movie.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
The Hungry Samurai said:
I still want to see more of Tim Blake Nelsons take on The Leader so lets do this!
I was curious when I saw them set that up, too, so I'm for them going ahead. Just for the sake of tying up lose ends.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
thaluikhain said:
Not a heroine, of course, that'd be silly.
Black Widow is probably getting a movie:

http://www.themarysue.com/black-widow-solo-film/

Nothing confirmed, but it seems more concrete than what Ruffalo said about another Hulk film.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
The past Hulk movies, not to mention the old TV show, has always been a fusion of "Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde" and "The Fugitive" Bruce hulks out, wrecks stuff, and authorities want to stop him. The reason they want to stop him is because he wrecks stuff or they want to make their own wreckers. I didn't read enough of the Hulk comics to know what other adventures the big green guy took. I remember that one time travel book where he went to the future where he found himself an evil tyrant. That was a good storyline. If the movie could pull something like that off, I'd be willing to watch such a film. Still I like many enjoyed the Bruce Banner we saw in Avengers. The man behind the monster was as interesting as you'd expect as the alter ego to a green wrecking ball with an attitude problem.(*Puny, god* still makes me chuckle.)

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah, like some other people have said in this thread, the Hulk is ironically not strong enough to support a movie by himself. Putting him with another leading character is probably best for the audience and Marvel. Maybe Ant-Man?!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Could be interesting. I'd like to see the storyline where Loki splits Banner from Hulk and Hulk goes... well, Hulk, on Asgard.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
I see 2 possibilities.

If Guardians of the Galaxy does well. We get Planet Hulk.
Great stand alone story, and it gets Hulk out of the way until Thanos shows up.

If Guardians does poorly. Probably a tie in with the ongoing HYDRA vs SHIELD thing.
Hydra wants their own Hulk-esque bio weapons and creates a handful of Hulk specific gamma villains.

Added bonus: HYDRA theorizes Banner's DNA may be particularly well suited to mutation and assumes a direct relative would produce better results...boom...She Hulk.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Damn, I must really be in the minority of the minority here...Ruffalo I have tremendous respect for as an actor, but I just didn't buy him being Bruce Banner except for a glimmer right after he wakes up after hitting the ground towards the end of the Avengers. Norton I felt did a much better job of being Bruce Banner, and since that's what you really have to judge when doing the standard Hulk, I was really disappointed he wasn't picked up again by Marvel.

Though that could be because of how much critics apparently hated both Hulk movies and they wanted to cut as many ties with the previous installments as possible...