Adam Jensen Brings the Pain in New Deus Ex Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Adam Jensen Brings the Pain in New Deus Ex Trailer

There's a hot new Deus Ex: Human Revolution [http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Augmented-Pc/dp/B004EIOH80/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306877747&sr=8-2] trailer making the rounds that offers a little more insight into what drives Adam Jensen to do what he does.

Adam Jensen has anger issues. He also has cybernetic augmentations. In a sense, they both come from the same place, which may go a long way toward explaining why he is so dogged in his pursuit of the enemies of Sarif Industries. Whatever his motivations, the new "Revenge" trailer aptly demonstrates that he doesn't mind kicking ass wherever and whenever he finds it, and he's got quite a talent for it, too.

This trailer isn't quite as stunningly cinematic as the huge, balls-out extended video [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/2536-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Extended-Trailer] than turned up at the end of 2010 but it's still a fantastic piece of work. In fact, I'm beginning to worry that the Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailers are a little too collectively fantastic for their own good. The bar has been set so ridiculously high that if this game does anything less than cure cancer and reverse global warming when it hits the market, it'll be a letdown.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes out on August 23 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

TheScottishFella

The Know-it all Detective
Nov 9, 2009
I must say, I am certainly looking forward to it, however the jury is out on whether I should buy it or not.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Wait, "Square Enix?" Oh man, is this story is going to be screwed too?

EDIT: I was making a joke for chrissakes, STOP SENDING ME MESSAGES. Down fanboys! Down!

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Nurb said:
They're just publishing it. Like Just Cause 2 and Mindjack.

Eidos Montreal is the developer. They got picked up by Squeenix a while back.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Damn.. I think I'm going to buy the game just for the music.

Nurb said:
Square Enix is just publishing the game, not making it.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
In fact, I'm beginning to worry that the Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailers are a little too collectively fantastic for their own good. The bar has been set so ridiculously high that if this game does anything less than cure cancer and reverse global warming when it hits the market, it'll be a letdown.
This is what's worrying me too. Steam says that I've watched the extended trailer for hours.

Please, let the actual game be good.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Canadish said:
So, do I just send them my first born by post or...?
That comment goes so well with your avatar.

Phlakes said:
Nurb said:
yeah.....gotta say. NOT the best examples you've picked there........ :/

OT: Game looks awesome, but.......it's just WHY are they putting so much emphasis on the Protag in these trailers? That honestly doesn't seem to be the best thing they've pulled off in this game by any stretch. Why not dive into the Backstory a bit more, or the setting? They just show snippets of those interlaced with ol' Grouchy there. Anyone else seeing that?

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Looking good, looking good.
As i say ever so often when i see a cool trailer :" Please let the real thing be as cool as that. Please!"

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
GrizzlerBorno said:
Canadish said:
So, do I just send them my first born by post or...?
That comment goes so well with your avatar.

Phlakes said:
Nurb said:
I liked Just Cause 2... Mindjack sucked though.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
This looks like a very good game, but I know there are previous ones from a while back that I haven't played and I'm not sure I can be bothered to go through them all. Does anyone have any idea how much continuity with the old games will actually matter?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
GrizzlerBorno said:
Phlakes said:
Nurb said:
...All I was saying is that Square Enix published them. And I actually really enjoyed Just Cause 2.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Phlakes said:
...All I was saying is that Square Enix published them. And I actually really enjoyed Just Cause 2.
McCa said:
I liked Just Cause 2... Mindjack sucked though.
Oh, I did as well, but....not for the story. If you know what I mean? This one looks it will be good though.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
This looks like a very good game, but I know there are previous ones from a while back that I haven't played and I'm not sure I can be bothered to go through them all. Does anyone have any idea how much continuity with the old games will actually matter?
It won't at all. Human Revolution is a sort of prequel set 20 years or so before the first Deus Ex so while I'm sure there will be a few easter eggs here and there, no previous knowledge of the series is required.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Little bit more story in that (it seems) than I'd like, but... FUCK ME I CAN'T WAIT!

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
I want to like it, but with squeenix's reverse midas touch, everything they touch goes to shit. Besides Games are Games, there's no way to trust these things on an individual basis. Mercs 2 has taught us well.