Adventures in Ninja cookery (discontinued)

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Fine.
I shall start on the second panel.
But something really awesome is going to have to happen for the third one.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
The Iron Ninja said:
Fine.
I shall start on the second panel.
But something really awesome is going to have to happen for the third one.
I could mail you a Labyrinth Red Star..

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Labyrinth said:
But I already have one of those.

No, I think It'll have to be a legal paper promising "no Gerald kidnapping whenever the Sydney Escapists get together" or something of a similar nature.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
The Iron Ninja said:
Labyrinth said:

No, I think It'll have to be a legal paper promising "no Gerald kidnapping whenever the Sydney Escapists get together" or something of a similar nature.
Not a tangible one. Not a badge 6cm across you don't. ;)

Don't fret, that gig's been done. We won't repeat it as it's now unoriginal.

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
The Iron Ninja said:
Lord Krunk said:
The Iron Ninja said:
Uh...
*looks at comic and sees he has only done one panel so far*
Great!
Never better!
Should be finished any time soon!
Thanks for asking!
I'm going away now to recharge my exclamation mark tanks.
*goes to cry in a corner*
You know, you should be a little bit more spontaneous. However, if I were doing this, I would be exactly the same.

That's hypocrisy for you.

By the way, you made it to TVTropes [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitleo80g8a6lb0j8?from=Main.AreYouPonderingWhatImPondering].
Holy shit.
That's awesome.

Did you put that there?
That's not the only place in TV Tropes you're mentioned. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScheduleSlip]

Check one example above "exceptions".

(Note: I didn't put it there)

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
The Iron Ninja said:
Labyrinth said:

As an official declaration as spokesman of The Conspirators, we shall officially halt all current programs bound to the assassination of Gerald McNinja (by hitting its weak point for massive damage), as well as the project devoted to harvesting his brain for culinary purposes.

As an added bonus, The Conspiracy shall also grant both gerald and The Iron Ninja official whitelisting for both their party and their allies, as well as a prohibition on all water-boiling tools and devices within Conspirator-governed electorates, with the proviso that The Iron Ninja is bound to the design and manufacture of the webcomic 'Adventures In Ninja Cookery'.

Good enough for ya?

EDIT: Another instance Rottenbutter? Well Ninja, you might want to prove them wrong.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
Wow. I'm just going to marvel now at how The Iron Ninja is now famous for being slow. Slower than a tortoise. Slower than a tortoise being dangled above the ground from a tree, its legs only inches from the ground, but never touching. It occasionally tries to sway itself towards the ground, but it only comes close. This does not bother the tortoise, however. It is content, watching the world go by. It could be worse. He could be a turtle; he hears that turtles are made into soup at times. He is glad he can avoid that. Daintily, he swings from the tether tied around his little shell. For any other animal, being stranded in the same spot all day would be maddening. But not for the tortoise. It can outsit eternity, chewing even when it has an empty mouth, glad that it has the opportunity to admire the Earth and all its beauty from a vantage spot that he can call his own. The weather is also pleasing. Whenever he is hot, a cloud seems to blow in front of the sun. When he is thirsty, it rains. There is nobody else around, but tortoises are fond of solitude. He contemplates life as he munches on the leafy branches of the tree he is dangling from. This is the life of this tortoise. He is slow, and he is alone. But he is happy. And, to him, that is all he will ever want.

Whoah, I was off in a world of my own for a bit there.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Lord Krunk said:
The Iron Ninja said:
Uh...
*looks at comic and sees he has only done one panel so far*
Great!
Never better!
Should be finished any time soon!
Thanks for asking!
I'm going away now to recharge my exclamation mark tanks.
*goes to cry in a corner*
You know, you should be a little bit more spontaneous. However, if I were doing this, I would be exactly the same.

That's hypocrisy for you.

By the way, you made it to TVTropes [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitleo80g8a6lb0j8?from=Main.AreYouPonderingWhatImPondering].
Fuckin' A dude! What an acomplishment!

Zemalac

Apr 22, 2008
This is on TVTropes?

...this is on TVTropes.

My universe just stopped making sense. Alas, reality, we hardly knew ye. Also: Congratulations.

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Zemalac said:
This is on TVTropes?

...this is on TVTropes.

My universe just stopped making sense. Alas, reality, we hardly knew ye. Also: Congratulations.
It's a bit odd isn't it?
I suppose it was an example of the trope in question, but it seems a pretty obscure thing to mention.

I'm still confused as to who put it there (Though doubtless a large number of people probably think it was me)
Was it someone here?
Show yourself.
I have a cigar to give you.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
The Iron Ninja said:
Zemalac said:
This is on TVTropes?

...this is on TVTropes.

It's a bit odd isn't it?
I suppose it was an example of the trope in question, but it seems a pretty obscure thing to mention.

I'm still confused as to who put it there (Though doubtless a large number of people probably think it was me)
Was it someone here?
Show yourself.
I'll bet you $20 that it's Anarchemitis.

Why? Not only is he a notorious troper, but he is also the villain of this comic.

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Lord Krunk said:
The Iron Ninja said:
Was it someone here?
Show yourself.

Why? Not only is he a notorious troper, but he is also the villain of this comic.
Ah.
I wasn't aware he was a notorious troper, probably was him then.

For anyone still actually waiting with baited breath about this rather than thinking "He's never going to get around to it, what's the point?" with everyone else. I've done 18 panels out of about 50 (if my rough script is anything to go by regarding the end length)

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
The Iron Ninja said:
Lord Krunk said:
The Iron Ninja said:
Was it someone here?
Show yourself.

Ah.
I wasn't aware he was a notorious troper, probably was him then.

For anyone still actually waiting with baited breath about this rather than thinking "He's never going to get around to it, what's the point?" with everyone else. I've done 18 panels out of about 50 (if my rough script is anything to go by regarding the end length)
Oh, I can't be certain, but he was the person that introduced me to the site, and he links to it a lot. However, I am still sure it's him.

As for 18 out of 50 panels... whoa. Big story-starter thing? Epic flash back? Dragonball Z-style fight scene?

Whatever incorporates those panels, I will be heartily awaiting them. Good job, Mr. McNinja!

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
T A X I D R I V E R said:
Not bad, but I'm not yet familiar with the forum, so I don't think I get everything.
Are you sure your not very familiar with this forum Mr. T A X I D R I V E R?..................Or should I say TaxiDriver! *points accusingly from across courtroom*

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
TMAN10112 said:
Not bad, but I'm not yet familiar with the forum, so I don't think I get everything.
Are you sure your not very familiar with this forum Mr. T A X I D R I V E R?..................Or should I say TaxiDriver! *points accusingly from across courtroom*
Dnn Dnn Daaaa!

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
I'm not ruling out the possibility of you being the old Taxi Driver back from the grave, so as of right now I'm going to be sceptical about any supposed unfamiliarity you have with the forum. Of course, you could actually be a new user and all this attention I've seen you getting about someone you haven't heard of could well be confusing you to no end.

In whichever case,I shall take that "Not Bad" gratefully good sir.

And Krunk?

The length is more to do with the fact that I'm completely incompetent when it comes to cutting down the length of my comics rather than being a measure of how epic it's going to be.

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
TMAN10112 said:
I've already been through this with other members, it's not me. I got the name from the Martin Scorsese film Taxi Driver. Which is funny cause the comic seemed to...I don't want to spoil anything. It?s the one thing I got.
Oh............well, I still got my eye on you.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
The Iron Ninja said:
And Krunk?

The length is more to do with the fact that I'm completely incompetent when it comes to cutting down the length of my comics rather than being a measure of how epic it's going to be.
Ssh, don't spoil it now!

Or is this just a plea to get my hopes down before you unleash THE EPIC? Like a surprise party, but on 50 frames? Hmm, you're a crafty fellow...
TMAN10112 said:
I've already been through this with other members, it's not me. I got the name from the Martin Scorsese film Taxi Driver. Which is funny cause the comic seemed to...I don't want to spoil anything. It?s the one thing I got.
Trust me, once the novelty of 'The Return of Taxi Driver' wears off, you should fit in.

You've brought some nostalgia in your wake, and I commend you for that. Good job sir.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
Believe it or not, the reference you're thinking of was to Taxidriver's Alternate account.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
Well then I guess we both got are names from the same source. But it?s a rather highly rated source so that?s understandable.
Yeah, I've no doubt he was a big fan of it. He was a fairly big troll, but he was almost like a sanctioned troll, or a lovable rogue. I always liked having him around.

But yes, welcome ;)