Country
United Kingdom
IdealistCommi said:
coxafloppin said:
WE BUY ANY CAR! DOT COM!
WE BUY ANY CAR! DOT COM!
WE BUY ANY CAR! DOT COM!
WE BUY ANY CAR! DOT COM!

I know its more of a service than a product, but it still makes me want to punch babies.
HEAD ON. APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD
[cont.]

I can't even watch those beginning to end without thinking of suicide.
I don't think of suicide, I think of finding out where he lives and burning it down with him inside.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
Darth Sea Bass said:
Where to start... nat west ads, halifax, we buy any car.com, the go compare ones and any ad ever that has jamie fucking oliver in them i want that guy dead!
What is wrong with Halifax!??! (this is suppose to be in all caps but ooohhh no its not allowed)
Have you seen those goddamn high five ad's there fucking offensively bad!

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Darth Sea Bass said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Darth Sea Bass said:
Where to start... nat west ads, halifax, we buy any car.com, the go compare ones and any ad ever that has jamie fucking oliver in them i want that guy dead!
What is wrong with Halifax!??! (this is suppose to be in all caps but ooohhh no its not allowed)
I apologize, I thought you were talking about the city, until yesterday I had no idea there were other things named Halifax out there (also I did see the commercial and it IS annoying!!)

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Seriously?

Every. Single. Erectile. Disfunction. Commercial.

For the love of GAWD...not everyone who watches television has that problem! I don't need to see those fsking ads every commercial break! ><

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
Darth Sea Bass said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Darth Sea Bass said:

I apologize, I thought you were talking about the city, until yesterday I had no idea there were other things named Halifax out there (also I did see the commercial and it IS annoying!!)
Apology accepted.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Chipperz said:
If you can't say anything good about your own product, it's probably shit.
Well said that man

OT: Probably the Gocompare one, that's really bugging me atm

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Darth Sea Bass said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Darth Sea Bass said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Darth Sea Bass said:

Apology accepted.
but yeah, whoever thinks these commercials actually make people want their product are stupid (and if people actually buy it, then they're stupid, people who buy the product because of the stupid commercial not because of anything else) I also hate those all state university or Everest university (the one with the black guy talking about how he got off the couch and got an education or some dumb thing)

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
Darth Sea Bass said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Darth Sea Bass said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Darth Sea Bass said:

Apology accepted.
but yeah, whoever thinks these commercials actually make people want their product are stupid (and if people actually buy it, then they're stupid, people who buy the product because of the stupid commercial not because of anything else) I also hate those all state university or Everest university (the one with the black guy talking about how he got off the couch and got an education or some dumb thing)
It's advertising and i'm sure all adverts are aimed squarely at morons because they outnumber smart people by a long stretch.

Like another guy said in this thread i know what i want and know how to get it i don't need offensively stupid adverts flogging me shit i don't want or care about.

Jose Freyre

Apr 28, 2011
don?t know if anyone has mentioned this one but i use CNN.COM as my news source (honestly cause its easy not that I?m a left winger , or even a right winger for that matter) anyway every time you watch a video on their site they first make you watch a short ad... okay not a problem... what?s slightly annoying is that if you watch say 10 videos in a row there is a good chance you?ll see the same ad 10 times! Which wouldn?t be horrible if the ad was ok... but there is one ad in particular that has made me vow NEVER to buy the product it's selling! It?s an ad for the Toyota highlander... OMFG i swear it makes me want to find the first Toyota dealer i can find and light it on fire... holy crap they must have realized how GD annoying this ad is? Don?t they play these things for focus groups? or hell survey groups? Something ???? i can?t believe anyone in their right mind would be compelled to go out and buy one after watching this ad and certainly not after having to suffer through it 50 times a day!! And really they've been using the ad for months now... crap does Toyota have a budget for one retarded commercial a year or something??? if you haven?t seen it just go to cnn.com and watch a couple video's you're bound to see it.. it?s the voice of what sounds like an 8 year old boy talking about how the car has super powers!!! omg i think I?m going to have a seizure just writing about it!!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Adverts on the Escapist, of course. Not the ones that are just hangin' there, but the ones that interfere with the site in some way, or my using the site. I swear I will outright refuse to acknowledge the existence of many things that pop in here just because it interfered with my simple goofing off on this site. And I wouldn't be the only one.

Oh, and all audio ads online must die, period.

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
Any online ad that I can't skip that plays before EVERY VIDEO that I'm watching on a site. If the ad has a skip option, I feel grateful, and like the product a lot more.

^ Note to any advertisers.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
At the moment, its either....

That weird betting site advert where the background is green, and some gabby floating head guy is talking, usually appears near Horse shows on Channel Four gabbing about "Money cash garrenty".

The 'We Buy Any Car' where they play some annoying song where its all like "We buy any car thirty, we buy any car firteen, na na duh duh oneder star, we buy any car dot cohmmmm".

The porker has to be some phone advert where some fat guy screams Wonga! whilst his face is plastered on everything imaginable, women, mountains and even mario bros. (the last example was a blur, but i did remember an advert that parodies mario bros)

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
in Norway we have a soap called lano. they made a commercial where children sing about washing your hands while being dressed like a mix between 50 cent and the guy in the yellow suit in gangnam style..........long story short. half the nation have boicotted their products and almost everyone change the channel when it comes on. i have actually started screaming swear words at the TV when it comes on. it is honestly that bad.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
This used to pop up before every single YouTube video that I watched. I hated it the first time I saw it (CURSE YOU MEMES), and now I remind myself to never buy vitamin water every time.