Advocacy Group Angry That Moms Hate Dead Space 2

Sep 30, 2010
I really hated this marketing campaign. Not because they're trying to market to kids or whatever, because it was so stupid. It made me want this game less after i saw the ads.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Kalezian said:
so, a parental advocacy group is complaining because a commercial is portraying what parents actually think about a game?

did........did we tear a rip in the space-time continuum?
I think their argument makes perfect sense.

The commercial is seemingly engineered to attract the attention of children. As a 27 year old, I don't really care if any particular game shocks my mother. 15 years ago I might have but these days I don't. While a great many ad campaigns are designed for a similar purpose, they are not so specifically targeted.

Honestly, I think it wouldn't be a bad move at all to toss a sanction at EA. If for no other reason than to remind them that trashy ad campaigns that generate a lot of buzz are still trashy.

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
I'm thinking that the ads are more likely targeting the controversy surrounding violent games in a semi-sarcastic way and not necessarilly any specific age group.
Remember it is usually the conservative moms that are against gaming (or at least are the most vocal about it).

Sad Face

Oct 29, 2010
Everyone has a mother, yeah, but I'm pretty sure nobody over 18 is going to care what their Mom thinks.

GasparNolasco

Dec 13, 2010
Nothing new here. Most 17+ games are made to appeal to kids. Or you're seriously thinking Bulletstorm or Gears of War are really "mature" games?

puffy786

Jun 6, 2011
Actually i have to side with Media Matters. Though i hate censorship groups like these, the ad was aimed for teenagers. I really hate that EA is doing this, as I would prefer if the video game industry could just say "Hey NONE of this M rated games are aimed for teenagers". Its just going to cause troubles for the whole industry.