After nearly three decades.... I realized something today.

IxHADOUKENxI

Dec 24, 2010
The Main characters in the popular BBC Television program "Being Human" are not actually Human.

Also, pic related
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIKYcttu3MGYY-s2JJKeFLgEYpmzx5d9Sb8bNBvpu_0PKfeibUHCX-v8wo

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
In Blair Witch Project II: Book of shadows, There are no witches, nor is there a single mention of a book of shadows

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
Appleshampoo said:
In Rush hour no one actually gets stuck in Rush hour traffic.
yes, the chinese girl do^^ dont remember which movie it is though...

and as i continued to read on I see that someone else already pointed this out.. damn.

Nyaliva

euclideanInsomniac
Sep 9, 2010
Soushi said:
In Armageddon the world didn't really end.
And Armageddon isn't even the end of the world, it's the supposed battlefield for the final battle between good and evil (and I think its actual name is Megiddo). I'm pretty sure that movie had nothing to do with any such battle, nor place.

I was once invited to sit through an asian fighting movie with my sister called "Romeo Must Die". I spent the entire movie intently waiting to find out who Romeo was...

There was no-one named Romeo...

Professor Putricide

Nov 15, 2009
Star Wars did not feature many wars fought on the surface of a sun.

Portal doesn't have a portal. It has portals. Many portals.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
The Big Bang Theory focuses more on either the characters' social lives or on experiments unrelated to the Big Bang.

Tiny Tower involves making your tower incredibly big.

Family Guy is not appropriate for the whole family.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Half-Life: Nothing to do with the half-lives of radioactive materials.

Dead Space: At no point does space die, and, in fact, space cannot actually die anyway.

Edit: Hitman: Blood Money, at no point is blood money paid to anyone. Though 47 presumably owes an awful lot of it at this point.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
OlasDAlmighty said:
Almost all the dinosaurs featured in "Jurassic Park" were from the Cretaceous period.

This is fun.

Apocalypse Now doesn't depict the apocalypse EVER.
Well "Cretaceous Park" doesn't quite roll off the tongue or sound as appealing so...yeah.

My turn.

In the Forza games, I don't think they ever explained what the word 'Forza' actually means. What is a Forza?

Jon Shannow

Oct 11, 2010
Surpheal said:
Red Faction Armageddon wasn't quite red at all, it was more blue.

The samurai in The Last Samurai wasn't the last samurai in the world, he had a few of his mates around.
Samurai is plural as well

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
In Cinderella, when she names that mouse "Octavius" and "Gus" for short...It's because of Augustus/Octavius Caesar.

Literally just realized that today. But I think I can be excused because I had no idea who that was when I was a kid, and I haven't seen that movie since then.

BonGookKumBop

Feb 24, 2010
Fun thread, but I'm going to throw a wet blanket on a couple of these.

Hamburger_Time said:
There are no jackets made completely out of metal in Full Metal Jacket.
The full metal jacket is the complete metal casing around bullets that cause them to be less deadly. Hunting bullets and police rounds mushroom out to shred the internal organs of the target and cause a quicker death. Military bullets are designed to cause injuries that drain the resources of the nation that has to care for its wounded and they do this by being encased in a full metal jacket. I don't remember if the film actually showed any military rounds, but considering the themes of the movie, the title could have been chosen to emphasize one of the ways the military messes with the minds of its soldiers with seemingly contradictory methods (bullets that don't kill as well so that we injure more people, we build up strong soldiers by tearing them apart emotionally, etc.).

dobahci said:
A Game of Thrones featured only one throne.
You might be on to something here, but I just read the book, and Cersei is referring to titles when she talks about the game of thrones. She's basically telling Ned that he is playing the game wrong because if you try to influence who becomes king, then you'll either win or you you'll die. Of coarse, most of the characters in the book are fighting over the rule of the seven kingdoms, but Bran is more concerned with the approaching winter, threats from the others, and keeping Winterhold safe (and I seem to remember it having its own seat of authority there too).

Okay, now I'll offer my own to get shot down. Rapunzel's hair always seemed so straight and nice in Tangled.