After Poor Suicide Squad Reviews, Fan Creates Petition to Shut Down Rotten Tomatoes

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Never underestimate idiots in large numbers. Why anyone would want to show how sensitive they are always surprises me. I reckon Rotten Tomatoes sucks too, but I just ignore them into oblivion (I'd probably agree with them on Suicide Squad though).

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

I demand a petition to cancel the petition to shut-down the Rotten Tomatoes website!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Parents...this is why you should supervise your kids use of the tinterwebs! It doesn't forget stupid shit like this, it will haunt them forever into the their embarrassed adulthood. Do you want that for your kids? Well maybe, if you're one of those that want them to suffer in a way of getting back at your own failures. Anyhow;

So. So. Many.

I just want to hold it with my bear hands. Why can't I hold it with my bear hands??? Gnergghhhhh! 😧

I sometimes think these people just need to find a way of chilling, whether it be spiritually (in the more biological sense of meditation etc), chemically or shamanist...ically? Anything to remove those sticks from their arses and calm down. I have seen and experienced the differences that take hold and the potential for character growth should not be underestimated.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
That is 11k people who don't believe in free speech or critique. The road they want us all to go down, my word.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
A thought: If all this energy went into the desire to have a "Fred Roger's Day" instead, we'd all have another day off of work by now

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Oh, no! Critics have bad things to say about a movie I like! It must be BIAS!
It couldn't possibly be that the films are aesthetically ugly and morally repugnant when they aren't just poor quality overall.

ddrkreature

Jun 24, 2013
Reminds me of when the guy who put a death threat on the people who REPORTED on a delay of no man's sky. Way to shoot the messenger, guys.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
From a neutral standpoint, I think these people are being incredibly petty.
From the standpoint of a DC fan, I think these people are fucking morons for defending Warner Bros and their shitty adaptations. Next time make a petition demanding some better movies from WB.

Kibeth41 said:
I feel that Rottentomatoes should be like Metacritic and have a separate section for User reviews
It already does.
BvS [...] had pretty bad critic reviews, but a LOT of good user reviews.
Gonna need a rain check on that - at best the reaction from audiences was lukewarm, and worst it was seen as a putrid stain on the legacy of their favorite characters and stories.
This probably comes down to the fact that the critics aren't really fans of the source material and are more just watching the movies because they have to, without really "getting" anything that's going on. Whereas the users who go out to watch these movies are more than likely going to be fans of the source material already, and can provide a more accurate insight for other fans (probably you included).
I hope you're not claiming BvS actually respects the source material it is based on and doesn't just completely bastardize it. Regardless of that, a movie should stand on its own merits to be good - if you need to brush up on the backstory of the film to actually understand it - let alone enjoy it - then your film is not doing adequate job of explaining itself. That was the major gripe critics and non-fans had with the Warcraft film - its weak plot and exposition made it a mess and a slog to get through. No amount of "I understood that reference" will make up for that.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Dalisclock said:
Wouldn't it be easier to start a petition to force DC/WB to actually make good movies instead? Or to rephrase that, wouldn't a peition asking for such make a lot more sense(as far as petitions make sense to begin with)?
Holy hell where do I sign? Forcing them to make good movies instead of crap via petition sounds amazing! Granted I'll spend no time whatsoever considering how on Earth a petition could force someone to make a not shit movie, or to close down a website because I've decided, fuck em, but that won't stop ME from putting forth the almost 0 effort of signing a digital petition! Rabble, rabble!

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Gotta love how change.org is often used as an anger outlet and a circle jerking site.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
DC needs to stop playing catch up to marvel. If you make a good Superman movie, Batman movie, Wonder Woman movie, or anything else, people will flood the theaters to see it because they're iconic characters. And they'll keep coming back for more if you do a good job.

Personally I hope the DCCU bombs harder than Mighty No. 9 after this crap.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Some people take these things a little too seriously. I mean come on, DC has been getting less than stellar feedback on everything since the Dark Knight trilogy ended. Is this really a shock?

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
if it's not out yet, why do they even have reviews of it?

It seems like the easiest way to solve many of rottentomatoes perceived issues would be to simply not post any reviews until the official release date.

Posting earlier than that just seems so....clickbaity.

Proto Taco

Apr 30, 2013
I tried complimenting a DC fanboy on his Zod statue at a comic shop once, and let me tell you, I'll never do THAT again.

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
flying_whimsy said:
if it's not out yet, why do they even have reviews of it?

It seems like the easiest way to solve many of rottentomatoes perceived issues would be to simply not post any reviews until the official release date.

Posting earlier than that just seems so....clickbaity.
If the studios don't want reviews out before their release.. then gasp.. why are they showing early screenings?

Honestly I'm not surprised. Remember after the lambasting BvS got how they said they were doing some resshoots for Suicide Squad.. that shopuld have been everyone's first clue.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Where was this when Dark Knight Rises was getting bad reviews?

And the blow out in the comments were so huge that Rotten Tomatoes shut down thge comments.
That was a pretty fucking awful movie too. Bad reviews were justified.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
I feel like the only thing that can be said here is that the kind of people who would petition for the shutdown of this site would be the kind of people who would like the DC movies.