Agents of Mayhem Releases on August 15

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Agents of Mayhem Releases on August 15

Launching on PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC this summer.

Agents of Mayhem, the upcoming third-person, open world, action adventure title from Saints Row developer Volition will be releasing on PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC August 15 in the US and August 18 in all other territories.

The singleplayer game is set in a futuristic Seoul, South Korea, and gives players the opportunity to swap between 12 different agents (with a choice of three per mission), as they fight to take down LEGION.

"In a case of bad versus evil this elite band of often unstable misfits, armed with a variety of crazy weapons, work under the watchful eye of Persephone Brimstone, ex-LEGION lieutenant, and her assistant Friday, to bring down LEGION and its mysterious leader, the Morningstar," reads the description. "Players can build and customize their squads however they choose, switching from Daisy, a mini-gun wielding, beer-swigging, foul-mouthed roller derby girl, to Rama, an immunologist with a futuristic bow firing energy arrows, to Red Card, a loveable but psychotic German soccer hooligan with a temper that can literally clear a crowd."

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I think Ive had my fill of 3rd person, open world sandboxes. Ive not bought one in 2 years now.

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
Reminds me a little of that Overstrike trailer. You know, before they lost their bottle and renamed it Fuse while stripping it of all it's colour and character.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Still looks like less fun than Gat Out Of Hell. Which was less fun than Saints Row 2, Saints Row The Third, & Saints Row 4.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Really, another fucking round of 'US gets it this date, rest of the world gets it several days later'? I thought we'd left this 10 years in the past, but its happening a lot this year.

The singleplayer game is set in a futuristic Seoul, South Korea, and gives players the opportunity to swap between 12 different agents (with a choice of three per mission), as they fight to take down LEGION.
Outside of puzzle platformers, I've never understood this. If you have 12 distinct characters, presumably with their own spin on gameplay, and you can take 3 of them per mission......Why not make it a 3 player co-op game? You know whats more fun than switching between 3 characters to meet certain roles within a mission? Playing with friends instead. I mean 90% of the time these systems boil down to 'I like this one, so I will play it 80% of the time and bring these two for the situational crap my one cant handle.'