Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 Sends Heroes into the Shadows

vid87

May 17, 2010
ryukage_sama said:
Of all the objects of power in Marvel lore, I'd say the obelisk is the Infinity Stone for time. It would explain how Dr. Whitehall could stay young if he learned to harness the stone's specific powers.
Could also explain Isabelle's arm - time-lapsed decay? Another semi-theory I've heard about the artifact revolves around the stone man at the beginning that Whitehall gestures to - is it going to be used by another villain to become Grey Gargoyle?

I get the reason why the plexi-glass thing probably shouldn't have worked for a few reasons (idiot guards, probably not pure crystal-like glass that could reflect that well), but I don't really see why it's "dumb" exactly - I feel like that's always the label used for complex ideas that don't work rather than for pure lapses of logic. Also, I doubt his organs, bones, etc. are somehow immune to his powers, which I feel are vague enough at this point that there can suspension of disbelief; if a future episode misses that detail and makes him transparent for no reason, then it's a real problem.

PuckFuppet

Entroducing.
Jan 10, 2009
So rather than kill Simmons they opted to put her on a bus? And not _the_ bus, just a bus.

Glad to see that reflexive fear of "nerd rage"-magnet tropes is alive and well in the TV side of Marvel's stuff now too.

BaronIveagh

Apr 26, 2011
ryukage_sama said:
Of all the objects of power in Marvel lore, I'd say the obelisk is the Infinity Stone for time. It would explain how Dr. Whitehall could stay young if he learned to harness the stone's specific powers.
I was leaning toward it being a chunk of carbonadium. Whitehall calls it 'something new' when they're discussing it, and other than being comparable to Adamantium for durability, it has the additional property of draining the lifeforce out of people.

At first I thought this might be a lead up to Omega Red appearing. Kraken's MO has always been making people what they were destined to be, meaning he and Flowers most likely are connected. I'm not sure if Omega Red was part of the Marvel/Fox deal, as while he originally appears in Wolverine and Xmen titles, he also has had a long run as a foe of Iron Man, Black Widow, and Daredevil, and has connections to both Hydra and AIM.

Another possibility is Anaconda, who's bones are an unspecified alloy containing 'synthetic adamantium'(which carbonadium is the only named example of).

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
It seems way too fishy that Lucy Lawless has only a little role and gets killed off like that.. I'm pretty sure they will bring her back in some bizarre way.

ShenCS

Aug 24, 2010
Not sure if it's been long enough since 2005 for them to get away with ripping off Battlestar Galactica. Although Simmons is certainly quite different from Caprica Six, although not necessarily more interesting for it.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Just watched both recent episodes. Had this one recorded for a while but only just had the time to watch it. The new characters were pretty lame but they're a lot better in the next episode. Ward seems interesting, but I really hope his whole "I accept what I did and am no longer evil" thing is fake. Evil Ward was much better than generic due Ward. His craziness is pretty good though.

Maybe I missed something from last season, but Simmons leaving seems REALLY forced. It honestly feels like the only reason they had her leave was so that they could have that sad twist. The whole situation is extremely contrived.

Absorbing Man is awesome! Probably the best effects the show has had, and he is probably the most intimidating villain so far. I really enjoyed is two episode arc.

The slo-mo shot with the voice over had me rolling my eyes at the cheesiness. It also didn't help that the fucking US military was somehow missing their shots with automatic weapons, against people who were running away with no cover, and were only about 15 feet away way they started running. I swear, between Cap 2 and AOS, it seems like the only way non bullet proof heroes ever get out of trouble is by giving the bad guys shitty aim. I was fully expecting Mae to get shot during that sequence since you could see one of the soldier behind her had a clear shot. I know that this is a popular thing to use in more over the top action movies, but in that moment, the show was trying to be serious so it was much harder to suspend my disbelief.