Agents of SHIELD TV Series | Thoughts?

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
wolf thing said:
kind of has a up beat xfiles look to it. might be quite good, but from i have seen of Whedons work, which is mainly fire fly and avangers, his character seem to spont nothing but one liners to the point were the character become interchangeable, not to mention it reduce the story down some. but despite that i like firefly and the avengers so ill check this out.
With all due respect (I'm not one to flame differing opinions) I'll never understand the continuing idea that Whedon characters are interchangeable "witty one liner" machines. I've enjoyed most of his works, and if anything his greatest strength is in characterization. Sure he loves his clever little dialogues (I do as well) but there's usually so much more than that. I'd never confuse a line written for say, Wash as a line written for Mal, or Jayne, or Kaylee and vice versa.

The only show I'd say carried this problem at all was Buffy, but seeing as how it was only really visible with the three main characters (who happened to be besties since highschool I'd say it makes perfect sense.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
It has potential.

I just hope it has better storytelling and character development than "Dollhouse".

Hopefully Wheedon learned from that mistake. A good show needs more than a cool concept and snappy dialogue.

Yarkaz

Aug 22, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Actually there was a thread about this a few days ago. Not to be pessimistic but is it just me or do the FX look a little cheesy? Direct-to-DVD cheesy? The production design looked surprisingly cheap. If Clark Gregg hadn't been in the teaser I would've raised the FAKE flag.
I know, it looks so cheap! Isn't this wonderful? They're not just putting Whedon at the helm of a TV show, they're actually making it look like a Joss Whedon TV show too!